• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TRC Tactical

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2013
    I have been researching endlessly without luck so figured I would try here. I am wondering the value of an original military Romanian PSL sniper rifle. The rifle has all original parts matching and stamped 1976 and no import marks. I found ample sales and information on newer ones and current made ones but nothing on super old ones. Any past sale prices from around this date or information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited:

hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    Average for a psl with a scope and 2 mags is around $1200. But the market Is falling.

Sent from a creepy ass cracka.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    It's only called that by unscrupulous vendors (sellers) and people who don't know shit about that gun. They are very different rifles.

100% agreed. The PSL is a good dedicated marksman rifle, but nowhere near the rarity or value of a true Dragonov!

Right now prices for a PSL seem to be stagnated at around grand, but they're not really selling too well at that mark. I suspect a good asking price with a scope should be about $900...

We are talking about a Cugir-built one, right?

Cheers! M2

macshooter

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2012
    EL Chuco
    $1200? Damn. They were like $450 for the longest time, then they just disappeared. I was kicking myself for paying $750 for mine before they came down in price. Now I'm not feeling so bad. Must have rifle, (along with with a waste high stack of steel core milsurp.)

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Not PSLs, about the lowest they were going with a scope was $700-800 before the panic. I don't recall ever seeing them lower than that, at least not with an optic...

macshooter

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2012
    EL Chuco
    Not PSLs, about the lowest they were going with a scope was $700-800 before the panic. I don't recall ever seeing them lower than that, at least not with an optic...

Yeah, centerfire systems (for sure) and classic arms (I'm pretty sure) had them for $450 ($469 or whatever) for a long time, but you are right they didn't come with the scope. That scope is real cheap though, it's not even an illuminated POSP. Maybe worth $70. (That's what I paid for my illuminated POSP from centerfire back when they were around for cheap) I was really pissed though when they came down to $450, because I paid $750 a year before. I don't think they were moving, so they dropped them down to dealer cost to get rid of them or something. I don't know.

TRC Tactical

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2013
    This isn't a Cugir built from what I can see. This is a real Romanian rifle built in Romania from what I can tell that is all stamped 1976 with matching serials. This isn't a parts gun or new production or one of the ones imported in the 90s. This was brought back sometime around the late 70s from my understanding. All of the ones I see online appear to be dated much later or commercial rifles; or parts guns partly made in the USA. If anyone does have a link to an auction of one of these dated in the 1970s it would be very very much appreciated. I am truly hoping this is worth more than the hundreds range. I will get some pics posted. THANK YOU ALL for the responses and information thus far!!!

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Cugir is where the "real" PSL rifles are built (Fabrica de Arme Cugir SA), and is the indication that it was built in Romanian and not the US.

Pictures of the receiver would help.

By the way, there really isn't a price difference between the Romanian and US-built PSLs, just desirability.

matt640h

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 9, 2013
    Cugir is where the "real" PSL rifles are built (Fabrica de Arme Cugir SA), and is the indication that it was built in Romanian and not the US.

Pictures of the receiver would help.

By the way, there really isn't a price difference between the Romanian and US-built PSLs, just desirability.

Agreed, maybe $100 premium for a Cugir. I've been following the pricing for a few years now and my observations are as such:

$1200 pre-panic
    $1500 panic
    $900-$1000 currently and they don't seem to be moving fast

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Agreed, maybe $100 premium for a Cugir. I've been following the pricing for a few years now and my observations are as such:

$1200 pre-panic
    $1500 panic
    $900-$1000 currently and they don't seem to be moving fast

I think your pre-panic and panic prices are a tad high, but it depends on where you are. Here they were about $800-900 before the panic, then up to $1200+ during, and now are not selling at a grand or just below. I picked up a Cugir about two years ago and paid $800 for it with extra mags, a pouch and a cleaning kit; which was a good deal.

They are nice rifles but nowhere near the price some folks are asking for them these days. Plus, I simply don't see them selling for what people are asking.

I would think $900 would be a good starting point, but be willing to accept a hundred less if offered.

Cheers! M2

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    If I remember ^^^^ did buy a PSL for that. Hopefully he still feels he got a good deal. BTW the seller does not feel he got ripped off or sold it for less than it was worth.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    It was not, I won by just a tad as IIRC you had to drive a little farther than I did. ;)

(So please let me keep my 'winning tiger blood' ego intact by agreeing with me............)

you-win-this-time-pointing-fingers-EzmY3E.jpg

TRC Tactical

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2013
    Ah okay thank you all very very much for the price check and information. I figured it being from 1976 would make it a bit more valuable but it sounds like that doesn't factor in. Much appreciated on all accounts again guys!

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    To those that remember ultra low prices.

I remember $79 SKSs in the 80's and if we go back FAR enough everything was cheap. But I think in the last decade the prices MajorMadMax is quoting are accurate for this gun.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Yeah but it was just two years ago that PSL's were $450 to $600, lol... Not sure why they are going for a lot more now. With current pricing I'd rather buy a Vepr in 54r than a PSL.

To the OP, it's nice that it doesn't have import marks; all the one's I've seen have them. Not sure if that really increases value or not, tho.

Top Bottom