IMG_3089.jpeg

MountainGirl

Hovering
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Big Thicket
    I can see all that and do not disagree. Unfortunately,...

...it also introduced Walz to the voters in a positive way. Vance failed to highlight the radicalism of Walz, though he had multiple opportunities.

Both men adopted a "I'm going to play nicer and try to look intellectually honest, whether I am or not" strategy that failed to bring forth any real contention between them.

Besides the moderator bias, what made me want to scream was the way both candidates (mostly Vance, though) failed to listen to the other guy and skewer him. Obvious opportunities were squandered when they fell back on memorized talking points they thought might be quotable. It was painful to watch them regurgitate small chunks of word salad written by God knows who (certainly not the candidates; something they had personally authored would have flowed much more freely) in a vain attempt to spew a chunk of words that would go viral. Walz was the first to try it early on and he had to torture the language to insert a few words obviously intended to be a bellwether soundbite, to go viral and be on everyone's lips the next day. When it fell flat, it was almost embarrassing to watch.

We deserve better than this.
    I can agree with all that. And, yes, there were many missed opportunities, that we, "the informed" would pick up on. But for the "low informed" voters... imo what Vance delivered, and stayed hammered on, was just about right. For them.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County

Chupacabra Hunter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Corpus Christi TX

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    For them.
    Y'know, when I think about it that way, you're absolutely right. That means you're probably right for most of the population, maybe by a big margin.

I sometimes find it hard to look at things through the eyes of others. Thanks for bringing me back to reality.

MountainGirl

Hovering
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Big Thicket
    Y'know, when I think about it that way, you're absolutely right. That means you're probably right for most of the population, maybe by a big margin.

I sometimes find it hard to look at things through the eyes of others. Thanks for bringing me back to reality.
    Your reality is just fine. It's these lame azzed times that suk big wet monkey balls, as an ex used to say. It's anyone's guess what's coming next. Stay frosty.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom