• toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Howdy.

160be283e51b7d8bfc933a2cbc2cf627.jpg

I don't see a live comment, debate watching thread. That's good. It's a train wreck. The rules allow fact-checking and the moderators are abusing that rule.

None of the four are mildly decent orators so I never attempted to watch any of the three debates so far.

I’m considering live commenting the Cruz-Allred event like I did the Cruz-Beto one, but Allred hasn’t impressed me as a talker and I don’t expect Cruz is going to be challenged on substantive issues so I’ll likely pass.

The bigger problem all these political debates suffer from is the lack of exchange of policy ideas. The concept that fact checking is even an afterthought broadcasts these things aren’t even designed to be forward looking and are expected to be rehashed, used toilet paper quality events.

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    Introducing Mexican President madam Claudia Sheinbaum.

Wait ,, what!!?? That's a Jewish name if I ever heard one !

Her papi was Carlos Sheinbaum Yoselevitz. Really ,, doubling down in the Jewishness ?? :facepalm:

HIS dada was an Ashkenazi Jew originally from Lithuania, who had emigrated to Mexico in 1928.

Finally ,, some caca that I can understand. :p

Morning

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    Howdy.

160be283e51b7d8bfc933a2cbc2cf627.jpg

None of the four are mildly decent orators so I never attempted to watch any of the three debates so far.

I’m considering live commenting the Cruz-Allred event like I did the Cruz-Beto one, but Allred hasn’t impressed me as a talker and I don’t expect Cruz is going to be challenged on substantive issues so I’ll likely pass.

The bigger problem all these political debates suffer from is the lack of exchange of policy ideas. The concept that fact checking is even an afterthought broadcasts these things aren’t even designed to be forward looking and are expected to be rehashed, used toilet paper quality events.

Debates now are completely meaningless. They just give the MSM an inflated sense of importance. Good candidates avoid them and focus on the voters on a personal level....

MountainGirl

Hovering
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Big Thicket
    I don't see a live comment, debate watching thread. That's good. It's a train wreck. The rules allow fact-checking and the moderators are abusing that rule.

I am watching it, and see the same thing...

Disagree. Other than moderator bias (expected) it was the most civil political exchange out there so far...albeit that's a low bar in this climate. No personal attacks, the focus stayed on policy.

Doubt it will boost either DJT or FKH, but it did introduce Vance to the voters in a positive way, imo, and I liked that.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Other than moderator bias (expected) it was the most civil political exchange out there so far...albeit that's a low bar in this climate. No personal attacks, the focus stayed on policy.
    I can see all that and do not disagree. Unfortunately,...
    ...it did introduce Vance to the voters in a positive way, imo,...
    ...it also introduced Walz to the voters in a positive way. Vance failed to highlight the radicalism of Walz, though he had multiple opportunities.

Both men adopted a "I'm going to play nicer and try to look intellectually honest, whether I am or not" strategy that failed to bring forth any real contention between them.

Besides the moderator bias, what made me want to scream was the way both candidates (mostly Vance, though) failed to listen to the other guy and skewer him. Obvious opportunities were squandered when they fell back on memorized talking points they thought might be quotable. It was painful to watch them regurgitate small chunks of word salad written by God knows who (certainly not the candidates; something they had personally authored would have flowed much more freely) in a vain attempt to spew a chunk of words that would go viral. Walz was the first to try it early on and he had to torture the language to insert a few words obviously intended to be a bellwether soundbite, to go viral and be on everyone's lips the next day. When it fell flat, it was almost embarrassing to watch.

We deserve better than this.

Top Bottom