• SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    One factor to consider is pants with more modern pocket cuts. Some companies like Duluth, Kuhl, etc. offer different shapes and heights of front pockets that can make it a bit easier to pocket carry and draw while seated. It'll probably never be as efficient as an appendix (AIWB) draw from a good quality AIWB holster when seated.

That said, if the pants are stretchy and the pockets are cut low, you might be surprised how good of a draw you can achieve. Of course, I'm sure most won't exactly want to go out and change their wardrobe just to try this out. ;)

Here's an example of one guy that does some impressive stuff working from pocket carry or other deep concealment:

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    One factor to consider is pants with more modern pocket cuts. Some companies like Duluth, Kuhl, etc. offer different shapes and heights of front pockets that can make it a bit easier to pocket carry and draw while seated. It'll probably never be as efficient as an appendix (AIWB) draw from a good quality AIWB holster when seated.

That said, if the pants are stretchy and the pockets are cut low, you might be surprised how good of a draw you can achieve. Of course, I'm sure most won't exactly want to go out and change their wardrobe just to try this out. ;)

Here's an example of one guy that does some impressive stuff working from pocket carry or other deep concealment:

Well, other than it being chambered in .22LR. If you're gonna go that way, might as well get one of those NAA mini-revolvers and have an easier time concealing it.

As for appendix carry being "efficient"...only if you've got a relatively flat stomach.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    <>

Try a P3AT or similar in a GALCO horsehide pocket holster in a Duluth heavy T-Shirt pocket.

When one must REALLY CONCEAL. . . . . .

Just kindly don’t ask how I know about this, please.

<>

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Hard to pocket carry a 1911, even a compact.
    At my biggest, I routinely carried a full size, first gen iPad in my back pocket with plenty of room to spare.

I could have carried 4 1911s in my back pockets if I also wore suspenders.

I'm convinced there's no good way to carry a concealed firearm. There's just the search for whatever is least bad.

innominate

Asian Cajun
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Austin
    I'll pocket carry walking the dog. I just throw the S&W snubby in the pocket.
    20211120_180244.jpg

tvone

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    I work in an office that does allow firearms for LTC holders. Business casual is our dress code, and I've pocket carried a Kimber Solo for over a decade. I shoot it at least once a month to make sure it functions with my carry ammo. I good pocket holster is a must, and it looks like a wallet in my front pocket. I'm not worried about the security inside the building, it's the surrounding area that seems to have a big increase in homeless in the area. You don't want to get gas at the nearby stations.

SPACETRUCKER

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    just north of goofy town Texas
    pocket carry for me is like choosing a tie to wear somewhere, Different occasions require different clothes, I mostly pocket carry a glock 43X on Sunday and most other dress, when it comes to shorts the small keltec or north american arms come into play for shorts lest they cause my shorts to put me in an embarrassing situation. As for presentation I wear large enough pants to provide for a seated presentation, when in our own car we always have something within reach.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    pocket carry for me is like choosing a tie to wear somewhere, Different occasions require different clothes, I mostly pocket carry a glock 43X on Sunday and most other dress, when it comes to shorts the small keltec or north american arms come into play for shorts lest they cause my shorts to put me in an embarrassing situation. As for presentation I wear large enough pants to provide for a seated presentation, when in our own car we always have something within reach.

<>

Welcome to TGT !

<>

dlh

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2021
    West Texas
    I pocket carry a Ruger LCR in .38 special Plus P. I carry it in a leather Azula holster. I usually walk around in blue jeans with large pockets so accessing it has never been a problem for me even when sitting down.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I pocket carry a Ruger LCR in .38 special Plus P. I carry it in a leather Azula holster. I usually walk around in blue jeans with large pockets so accessing it has never been a problem for me even when sitting down.

Welcome to the Forum!

Top Bottom