• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Will you take the corona virus vaccine?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    What do they do every year? What are you saying?

They develop vaccines for several virus strains and test efficacy and safety. They then pick the flu strains they think will be most prevalent and mix up a vaccine for 2 or 3.

They only difference is it is the corona virus 2019.

The methods used in the various vaccines, i.e. illiticing an immune response, have all been used before. That is the type of immunity mechanism triggerd in the body and how its triggered.

No new chemicals, no new anything. The same process has been followed for trials relating to size and types. The only difference is the compression of trials and production started as soon as immune response was detected in early trials. Not a long step by step process with production at the end but production starting at the beginning knowing it might be a waste of time and money if the testing didnt prove out.

You can wait or refuse all you want. For what ever reason you want That's your right, but dont act like this is something dangerous cause it's something new like early polio or smallpox vaccines. If you think its conspiracy level tracking and control methods, great. If you think trump picked up a jr science kit at the Woolworths and mixed it up in his bath tub, great. If you think it will make your pecker fall off or transition you to a different gender and political affiliation, great. What ever reason that works for you to say no I ain't doing it is great, except that this is some highly experimental untested new process and or it is any more dangerous than the yearly flu or pneumonia vaccines because of it as that simply isnt true.

Simply, It will work or it wont. There is nothing about the process methods or components that would make it any more dangerous than the flu vaccine. Unless a person is saying the corona virus makes it dangerous? But the corona virus isnt that much worse than a really bad flu I thought.

Last edited:

candcallen

Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Different type of virus, and the Pfizer vaccine everyone is talking about is completely different from flu vaccines.
    There will be at least 2 vaccines probably 4. Some might require a booster some not. They dont all trigger the same type of cell to respond to the virus but all trigger an immune response and none do so in some new or breakthru way that isnt routinely done in the dozens of immunizations Americans get all thru their lives.

The fact that it's the Corona virus would only matter if they were dosing you with live virus and it was more deadly than it is.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    They develop vaccines for several virus strains and test efficacy and safety. They then pick the flu strains they think will be most prevalent and mix up a vaccine for 2 or 3.

They only difference is it is the corona virus 2019.

The methods used in the various vaccines, i.e. illiticing an immune response, have all been used before. That is the type of immunity mechanism triggerd in the body and how its triggered.

No new chemicals, no new anything. The same process has been followed for trials relating to size and types. The only difference is the compression of trials and production started as soon as immune response was detected in early trials. Not a long step by step process with production at the end but production starting at the beginning knowing it might be a waste of time and money if the testing didnt prove out.

You can wait or refuse all you want. For what ever reason you want That's your right, but dont act like this is something dangerous cause it's something new like early polio or smallpox vaccines. If you think its conspiracy level tracking and control methods, great. If you think trump picked up a jr science kit at the Woolworths and mixed it up in his bath tub, great. If you think it will make your pecker fall off or transition you to a different gender and political affiliation, great. What ever reason that works for you to say no I ain't doing it is great, except that this is some highly experimental untested new process and or it is any more dangerous than the yearly flu or pneumonia vaccines because of it as that simply isnt true.

Simply, It will work or it wont. There is nothing about the process methods or components that would make it any more dangerous than the flu vaccine. Unless a person is saying the corona virus makes it dangerous? But the corona virus isnt that much worse than a really bad flu I thought.
    All I asked for was an explanation of your statement, not about your conspiracy theory. How do you know whether there are dangers to the new vaccine. No messengerRNA vaccine has ever been approved before. These are not in any way related to the standard inactivated virus vaccines. You need to do a little reading. Are they safe, I don't know.

SURVIVOR619

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 31, 2017
    US
    You guys do understand they do this every year with the flu shot right? It's not really new.
    Never got the flu shot, never will. I self diagnosed that I got the swine flu back in 2009 or so and it laid me up for several days. Haven't had the slightest illness since then. Fast forward to Feb. this year and my wife, daughter, son in law, and grandson all got what we now believe was the wu-flu. Me, didn't get as much as a light cough.

Now that I've spewed all this immunity bravado into the universe, I'm probably going to get sick this weekend haha.

ETA: spelling

candcallen

Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    All I asked for was an explanation of your statement, not about your conspiracy theory. How do you know whether there are dangers to the new vaccine. No messengerRNA vaccine has ever been approved before. These are not in any way related to the standard inactivated virus vaccines. You need to do a little reading. Are they safe, I don't know.
    Wasn't a conspiracy theory, in reality a compete repudiation of conspiracy theories regarding these vaccines, of which there are atleast FOUR IN THE OFFING, if they all get thru testing not just the one or 2 you're stuck on. By the time the general population gets tens of millions will have got the damn thing. I will admit I dont know if the others are mRNA or DNA vaccines. That said all DNA vaccines still transfer genetic material of the virus into cells, they just use a different particle than the mRNA vaccines.

I listed the multiple reasons why people are against taking the vaccine. I'm sure all are deadly serious to the people holding them. I just forwarded that safety isnt one to seriously consider imho.

Take it if you wish. Dont if you wish.

One should study the differences between a DNA vaccine and rna messenger vaccine. Both transmit genetic info into cells in some method to illicit an immune response. RNA messenger vaccines delete a step in that process and require less genetic material to get there. I.e. no live or attenuated virus, just the part needed to get the job done. Is that new and dangerous or just a faster way to get the job done? One that already happens in the body with other vaccines just without a transportation transfer step, i.e. starting with a more effective vehicle to begin with, thus high effective rate.

Decide for yourself.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I may or may not get it if they don’t try to force it.

If they make it mandatory I won’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    Not yet tested for CV19 but if I were, I hope I'm positive. It's been nearly a year since this crap started, I'm hardly a health nut and I've experienced 0 symptoms to date.

Ozzman

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 17, 2015
    El Paso, Texas
    I took the first of the Moderna shots last Wednesday...

While I didn't feel any pain or burning symptoms (like some have experienced), I'll say that I experienced fatigue for 48 hours afterward. No matter how much sleep I would get the night before, I would wake up feeling like I cared for a newborn all night.

I hope the 2nd shot isn't as interesting.
    Honestly, if I wasn't turning 40 this year, I would have opted out like most of us here.

Top Bottom