Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    The interview accomplished one major thing though. Anyone with any common sense knew that attacking a NATO country would be a terrible idea. Now, we have Putin admitting to it being a terrible idea, and even gave a good explanation as to why, but of course we already knew the why. So the narrative about him taking over all of Europe as a reason for why we should be funding the proxy war completely fell apart during this interview. That makes this interview quite inconvenient for a lot of people, regardless of anything else that was said.
    Who has been saying that Putin wanted "all of Europe?"

Serious question, btw. Most of the sources I listen to seem to feel like he would be satisfied to take Warsaw and then work on drawing a new border.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015

Serious question, btw. Most of the sources I listen to seem to feel like he would be satisfied to take Warsaw and then work on drawing a new border.
    He can try Poland, but I believe that will turn out bad for him.

And as long as he is mired in Ukraine, I doubt he will tackle anyone else. I doubt they have the military resources to tackle two wars. If they drew down in Ukraine to attack Poland, Ukraine would kick their tail.

Last edited:

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US

SECDEF, Mike pence, zelensky, several media outlets and most other people trying to scare others into supporting the proxy war have made comments about him moving on and taking over more and more countries in Europe. I’m fairly certain I’ve read it from posters on this forum too.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    SECDEF, Mike pence, zelensky, several media outlets and most other people trying to scare others into supporting the proxy war have made comments about him moving on and taking over more and more countries in Europe. I’m fairly certain I’ve read it from posters on this forum too.
    Thanks. I'll have to look into that. Any of those sources who failed to differentiate between "taking over more and more" and "all of Europe" is someone into whom I should invest less credence.

(Sorry for the odd turn of a phrase. How I wanted to say that is bouncing around in the back of my head but I can't bring it forward at the moment. Damn, I hate getting old.)

kbaxter60

Consider the Source
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Thanks. I'll have to look into that. Any of those sources who failed to differentiate between "taking over more and more" and "all of Europe" is someone into whom I should invest less credence.

(Sorry for the odd turn of a phrase. How I wanted to say that is bouncing around in the back of my head but I can't bring it forward at the moment. Damn, I hate getting old.)
    I'd have to dig a lot to find the posts, but at least one of the leading russian state media talk shows were discussing obtaining Poland and, iirc, the baltics.

I do think russsia's plan was to conquer Ukraine within a month or two, then once it had settled, move against non-NATO Eastern Europe, while threatening FJB to stay out of European affairs before possibly invading Poland who would have surely brought the invasion upon themselves by not willingly giving up their lands...

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    So here is Tucker discussing the interview.

www.instagram.com/reel/C3SytBlP8j8/?igsh=dDZmMWprc3ZuZGpz

He thinks:
    - russia's industrial capacity is "profound"

- russia is making enoung artillery, shells, drones etc to keep up with losses

Both of these points are VERIFIABLY false as russia has been depleting reserves, including those of stored artillery rather quickly (a recent report of a survey showed down by 50%), visually confirmed losses show increasing amounts of 3rd (and 4th) tier tanks and BMPs as 2nd tier losses force their use, with a steady but small percentage of 1st tier indicating production capacity.

russia has had to purchase artillery shells from the NORKOs which reportedly had such poor quality control as to be useless, with varying levels of propellant charges the range as unpredictable (causing several FF incidents when rounds fell short).

russian missile capacity is unable to keep up with use demands. Even when I was in Ukraine in 2022, the number of missle strikes dropped and never picked up pace again because the capacity for production is simply not there.

Surely, russian production for war material will increase, but corruption and a struggling economy will slow any growth.

PERUN pulls no punches in his analysis towards either side of this war. Most importantly he shows and explains data.

Russian Defence Production 2023:
    youtu.be/ctrtAwT2sgs?si=1ZUTvNaBEjU6Rv9x

How Corruption Destroys Armys:
    youtu.be/i9i47sgi-V4?si=yAIFg79YE09Wi6pl

Last edited:

angel71rs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2009
    El Paso
    Tapatalk is not letting me include links... i'll try to find a fix

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk
    I got server errors when I tried to post a youtube link in Phucked around thread, but would allow a link to article on it. I saw lots of problems reported in forum comments section, so figure board software issues.

Top Bottom