• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    Global concerns lead to global wars, and I it seems like it may be in Putin's own best interests to start one..., in his mind, to limit the reach of U.S. power.

Once started, it probably won't really matter who wins, except to the military purists.

Letting Putin take Ukraine, or China take Taiwan for that matter, might postpone that global war, but it would certainly change the reach of American power.

I don't see the U.S. stopping anything by limited war, whereas Russia is in a position to gain from one.

ATN2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2022
    Texas
    We are no longer in a position to stop anything Russia or China want to do. They are perfectly willing to run the risk of global thermonuclear war and we are not and they both know it. To they will do whatever they want to from here on and we have absolutely no way to change that.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Global concerns lead to global wars, and I it seems like it may be in Putin's own best interests to start one..., in his mind, to limit the reach of U.S. power.

Once started, it probably won't really matter who wins, except to the military purists.

Letting Putin take Ukraine, or China take Taiwan for that matter, might postpone that global war, but it would certainly change the reach of American power.

I don't see the U.S. stopping anything by limited war, whereas Russia is in a position to gain from one.
    Putin will not act if sees a significant chance of war. He is moving in this direction because he firmly believes Biden and the liberal left will do nothing. And he is correct.

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    Putin will not act if sees a significant chance of war. He is moving in this direction because he firmly believes Biden and the liberal left will do nothing. And he is correct.
    So, you agree that Putin can prosecute a limited war in Ukraine to his advantage with a decrease in U.S global influence the result?

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    It may be coming our way at long last but I sure hope not.

And imagine if you will - a bumbling dementia ridden old fool as our president and a moronic laughing hyena of vice president are going to make whatever decisions need to be made.

If Russia attacks the Ukraine, we may be doomed to experience WWIII at least until they let loose the nukes..

Last edited:

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    We are no longer in a position to stop anything Russia or China want to do. They are perfectly willing to run the risk of global thermonuclear war and we are not and they both know it. To they will do whatever they want to from here on and we have absolutely no way to change that.

No they won’t. Nukes going anywhere would decimate the world economy including their own. Nukes haven’t been a valid way to win since everyone got them. At that point they simply became the reason no one will use them. Including Russia or China.

You need to turn off CNN. The sensationalism and fear mongering in your posts rivals anything I’ve ever read on this forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Maybe not the best comparison:
    • I don't think the US ever lost Texas (yet).
    • I don't think the US wanted Texas like Russia wants Ukraine - Texas was heavily in debt and we had to give up a large portion of Texas.
    The Mex-American war where Mexico wasn't happy to let us go away for good is more like.

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    What cracks me up is the distraction this creates to hide what’s going on in Syria, where US forces are operating a counter-terror mission and Russia + Iran through arms deals, PMCs, and Hezbollah are rapidly giving the Asad regime the capability to destroy the US presence if it so desires.

Danny2021

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2020
    Terrell
    Mr Trump would say this is Fake News. And I believe the Ukraine situation may just be Fake News.
    After all the "news" and discussion about Covid, tge last two years I have lost respect for most US media. I''m calling the Russian invasion "Fake News" so the the US public takes it eyes off of something very important that is really happening.
    Just my $0.02

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    What cracks me up is the distraction this creates to hide what’s going on in Syria, where US forces are operating a counter-terror mission and Russia + Iran through arms deals, PMCs, and Hezbollah are rapidly giving the Asad regime the capability to destroy the US presence if it so desires.

And why do we need to be in Syria?

Honest question............

Anyone?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members