• Status
    Not open for further replies.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    So how do you suggest we deter Russia from Ukraine and not regret it because they will retaliate

And why is it our responsibility anyway

And what do you think will be the consequences if we let Putin walk into Ukraine unabated (or Xi into Taiwan)?

Have you ever read history? Go look up Chamberlain and Hitler, and see how well that appeasement went! "Peace for our time" my ass!

1645283203386.png

Lastly, we made policing the world our business after WWII.
    Target Sports

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    Rus gas pipeline goes through Ukraine, other (new) pipe is north to Germany. With Ukraine and Nordstream line they control gas flow to EU. Turkey was talking about a line from Iran to EU, don't think they will allow it. After Cuba and Reagan, Rus has been pretty 'docile' in world events other than Afgan and Syria. Time to shake things up.

ATN2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2022
    Texas
    And what do you think will be the consequences if we let Putin walk into Ukraine unabated (or Xi into Taiwan)?

Have you ever read history? Go look up Chamberlain and Hitler, and see how well that appeasement went! "Peace for our time" my ass!

View attachment 304882

Lastly, we made policing the world our business after WWII.
    And do you think we can stop them

We cant and we wont

We are so weak and vulnerable they will obliterate us unless we use nukes and we wont

Reactions: gll

TipBledsoe

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 28, 2020
    LaVernia TX
    ... the United States took Texas back...
    Maybe not the best comparison:
    • I don't think the US ever lost Texas (yet).
    • I don't think the US wanted Texas like Russia wants Ukraine - Texas was heavily in debt and we had to give up a large portion of Texas.

mad88minute

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 13, 2017
    Houston

We cant and we wont

We are so weak and vulnerable they will obliterate us unless we use nukes and we wont

Not with an attitude like that.

You sir are weak yourself and come off as a troll.

Again, I'm am not talking military action, but the US military is far superior to the Russians. Their planes, tanks, missiles are all old and outdated.

Sent from my moto e6 using Tapatalk

ATN2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2022
    Texas
    Not with an attitude like that.

You sir are weak yourself and come off as a troll.

Again, I'm am not talking military action, but the US military is far superior to the Russians. Their planes, tanks, missiles are all old and outdated.

Sent from my moto e6 using Tapatalk
    Big difference is they are willing to go to war and shut down our electrical grid

we are not

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    Wife was telling me about a show she watched last night. Russia is teaming up with China, if we retaliate the new super power will shutdown our power grid. She was so worried she went food shopping, gas up the car and get cash. Power goes down nothing will work.

alwho421

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2019
    Bartlett
    not worried about 190k Russian troops, I'm concerned whether the Russians have the logistics to sustain a campaign.
    Losers study tactics winners study logistics.

TipBledsoe

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 28, 2020
    LaVernia TX
    Wife was telling me about a show she watched last night. Russia is teaming up with China, if we retaliate the new super power will shutdown our power grid. She was so worried she went food shopping, gas up the car and get cash. Power goes down nothing will work.
    There is solid biblical prophesy that this could line up with.

DaBull

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 19, 2021
    San Antonio, TX
    The border between Ukraine and Russia works both ways. We should provide Ukraine with massive numbers of Stingers and Javelins and EFP/IEDs. To keep casualties low, Russia will use its overwhelming air and armor to take ground. Ukraine should make this as costly as possible, since Russia cannot easily replace these items. Then it should send its saboteurs across the border into Russia to attack infrastructure and political will.

ArmyDub

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 12, 2020
    Texas
    Everyone thinks Putin’s got it easy. He’s doing this to keep the rumblings quiet. Even a Dictator has to rely on the support of his military.

Reactions: gll

TipBledsoe

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 28, 2020
    LaVernia TX

We cant and we wont

In order to help one understand @ATN2 point of view, you must answer these questions:
    1. If you were an American colonist in the late 16th century, how would you have felt if France stepped in to help England fight against you and your fellow colonists, preventing the separation from England to form the USA?
    2. How would you feel if Russia stepped in to help the USA prevent Texas from seceding?
    But, on the other hand:
    1. Who are the "legal" heirs of Jerusalem?
    2. And aren't you thankful to France for helping the American colonies to become the USA?
    It is certainly a matter of perspective, and a bit difficult to take a hard stand toward either perspective.

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    Maybe not the best comparison:
    • I don't think the US ever lost Texas (yet).
    • I don't think the US wanted Texas like Russia wants Ukraine - Texas was heavily in debt and we had to give up a large portion of Texas.
    Texas separated from the U.S. and was forcibly repatriated...

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    not worried about 190k Russian troops, I'm concerned whether the Russians have the logistics to sustain a campaign.
    Losers study tactics winners study logistics.
    No threats exist to their supply lines. How long their stocks would sustain them is the question.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!

We cant and we wont

Speak for yourself.

Being weak would be doing nothing, which you are advocating and will only cause even more brazen acts by Putin and Xi.

While you may not have the stomach for this, many of us understand the implications of the situation and know our response will be critical to the outcome.

This is not just a NATO concern, it's a global one.

You can bury your head in the sand and hope for the best, but those who know realize you can't leave things to chance.

But don't worry, I highly doubt you will be directly impacted by what the US does due to the Russian threat to Ukraine, unlike others of us.

Stand aside and let real Americans handle it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DSDExpresso
    Top Bottom