• Status
    Not open for further replies.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    $300 M, in ordinance and ammo, no cash. Considering what Potato Head is spending in cash on fake solutions to fight fake pandemics, piffle.

Considering the trillions being blown on pork and kickbacks, what's been spent on Ukraine doesn't even add up to a whole drop in that bucket. But fixating on every dollar gives the appeasers something to whine about.

Because isolationism has never, ever cost this country any price ever.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    <>

A GENERAL QUESTION, specifics aside:

Why are so many who normally doubt everything from government and media

now suddenly

believing everything they say on this one issue ?

Sincere replies, please. . . . .

leVieux

?

We're not. We're checking multiple sources from multiple countries as well as sources that have proven reliable about military operations in the past. None of which are Kremlin-controlled.

Why are so many otherwise rational individuals buying the official Russian line so readily, to the exclusion of all other sources?

Eastexasrick

Isn't it pretty to think so.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Naples TX.
    <>nswe

now suddenly

leVieux

?
    General question centered on an assumption with no material support, which precludes a simple answer. This then requires a narrative to address the baseless assumption. I have a pasture to mow, and beer that is going to require my attention, immediately subsequent. On a more informative note, Luna did find a nice dry crunchy coyote trud on our morning walk.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    We're not. We're checking multiple sources from multiple countries as well as sources that have proven reliable about military operations in the past. None of which are Kremlin-controlled.

Why are so many otherwise rational individuals buying the official Russian line so readily, to the exclusion of all other sources?
    <>

I haven’t bought any “line”, but have seen a number of conflicting reports from uninvolved & non-allied entities.

This is a WAR which threatens to draw other nations into it, just as the “World Wars” did, so I expect propaganda from both sides.

I must rely somewhat on our “CycleGuy”, as he was an eye-witness to this early-on.

leVieux

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    <>

I haven’t bought any “line”, but have seen a number of conflicting reports from uninvolved & non-allied entities.

This is a WAR which threatens to draw other nations into it, just as the “World Wars” did, so I expect propaganda from both sides.

I must rely somewhat on our “CycleGuy”, as he was an eye-witness to this early-on.

leVieux

The threat to other countries is and has been Russian expansionism...which they started up as soon as Yeltsin was deposed and Putin took over. And when Russian actions led to former Soviet states joining NATO for protection, the lie of "NATO encroachment on Russia" was born.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    <>

Yes, I know the “history”, but doubt both “official versions”.

Dad, who was nearby when Patton overtook the retreating German Wehrmacht, but kept them armed for an unauthorized sprint into Berlin; always said that neither the Brits nor the Russians could be trusted.

Lately we have seen massive deceit from the recent and current Ukrainian Governments, too.

Which KNOWN LIARS to believe ?

leVieux

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    &lt;&gt;

Yes, I know the “history”, but doubt both “official versions”.

Dad, who was nearby when Patton overtook the retreating German Wehrmacht, but kept them armed for an unauthorized sprint into Berlin; always said that neither the Brits nor the Russians could be trusted.

Lately we have seen massive deceit from the recent and current Ukrainian Governments, too.

Which KNOWN LIARS to believe ?

leVieux

What conflicting reports and what deceit?

I've not seen anything in the news conflicting with what I hear from friends or see in other news, except from russian controlled media, which is NOT free to depart from official positions.

Надіслано з дому вашої мами за допомогою Tapatalk

Last edited:

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    <>

now suddenly

leVieux

?
    Because I went there and saw it for myself and get info from friends there...

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    I’m sure the number of people who have crossed the border into ukraine over the past 15 months is small compared to the number of people who have crossed our southern border.
    Here's the deal...

Youre totally not wrong about our border. It absolutely needs to be secured. Build the wall!

But your statement is presented in a fashion typical of an either/or, where I either support a secure USA border, or one can support Ukriane in their struggle to against an invading oppressor, but not both.

To illustrate let me rephrase your statement in terms of ice-cream (which I am sure we all scream for) and burritos.

"I am sure the number of burritos eaten is small compared to the numbers of bowls of Bluebell eaten in the last 15 months."

We are talking about Ukraine, not the US/Mex border. Choices and wants for our American border or Texit or abortion really have no bearing on Ukriane or what russia is doing to them, just as liking Bluebell does not preclude you from liking Braum's too (or not liking either I suppose)

Last edited:

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    $300 M, in ordinance and ammo, no cash. Considering what Potato Head is spending in cash on fake solutions to fight fake pandemics, piffle.
    $300 mil in ordinance and ammo that we were likely to let go bad and have to pay to dispose of...

ian

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 15, 2018
    Liberty Hill
    <>

now suddenly

leVieux

?
    Can you be a little more specific?

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    What conflicting reports and what deceit?

I've not seen anything in the news conflicting with what I hear from friends or see in other news, except from russian controlled media, which is NOT free to depart from official positions.

<>

First find Rudy Giuliani & chanel rion’s direct interviews of recent Ukrainian officials deposed under Biden’s threat.

then consider that two different French TV “News “crews” have reported witnessing the UK’s “shelling” their own citizens.

As to others, I don’t keep track of them.

<>

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    Please provide any information you have that supports your claim of Biden handlers getting rich from funding the defense of Ukraine.
    The same type of evidence of the big guy getting his 10% back when he was VP? How about the individual stock picking/insider trading that our politicians engaged in during the scamdemic? I know the potato wasn’t the resident back then, but “he”/his handlers are not supporting a ban on this. To some extent, to see what really goes on requires someone leaking the information, however, what we will be seeing very clearly is the defense contractors who are making tons of money off of this passing some of it back in large campaign donations to ensure that money continues flowing.
    Would you admit the people crossing into Ukraine have caused more carnage and destruction than those coming to USA?
    Over the past year and change? Yeah. But over the long term, it’s hard to say.
    Here's the deal...

Youre totally not wrong about our border. It absolutely needs to be secured. Build the wall!

But your statement is presented in a fashion typical of an either/or, where I either support a secure USA border, or one can support Ukriane in their struggle to against an invading oppressor, but not both.

To illustrate let me rephrase your statement in terms of ice-cream (which I am sure we all scream for) and burritos.

"I am sure the number of burritos eaten is small compared to the numbers of bowls of Bluebell eaten in the last 15 months."

We are talking about Ukraine, not the US/Mex border. Choices and wants for our American border or Texit or abortion really have no bearing on Ukriane or what russia is doing to them, just as liking Bluebell does not preclude you from liking Braum's too (or not liking either I suppose)

Only reason I mentioned the border was because it was brought up by someone else. My stance has always been that we have our own issues that need to be dealt with before sending money oversees. So you’re right, they are seperate issues, but it’s not like we have a surplus of money to just be throwing around. Even if we did, what should be done with that money would still be debatable.
    There is a bigger picture that very few people want to acknowledge. Our debt is out of control. Many of our career politicians have believed they could just spend more and more money with no consequences, as if it’s not real money. If the money were coming out of our bank account, or for better comparison, it was being put on our personal credit card balance that we were unable to pay down, and the government just increased the max every time we got close to it, putting us into more and more debt, the American public would probably be more interested in how money is spent. But the people in Washington who have been doing this for decades know that they will be long gone before that debt comes home to roost, and they will have made enough money off of it for their families to be ok while our children, grandchildren, and great grand children suffer. birth rates are declining in the US, and if our population begins to shrink, the party is going to stop. Europe is going to be in for a rude awakening when the younger generations who don’t know anything other than their welfare state that has only been able to happen because of the US subsidizing their protection comes to an end.
    I read on this forum and elsewhere how we are “bleeding” the Russians, but it would seem to me that it’s only a victory for us if we aren’t bleeding to death in the process. When that point comes, there isn’t going to be anyone around to provide us with the equivalent amount of aid that we have provided to ukraine, or any other countries when we realize how vulnerable we are to China, or whoever the biggest threat will be at that time.
    If Russia is in fact too weak to be able to win a war in ukraine, as some here believe, then it seems they are not a big enough threat, at least with their ground troops for us to be concerned with. But if that’s true, then the argument that this is going to be a huge world war if Russia isn’t stopped can’t also be true. And if Russia is truly capable of taking over all of Europe then why are over half of European countries not providing even a single dollar or bullet in aid to ukraine? Why are ~2/3(I think that’s right, going off memory here) of the countries that are providing aid providing less than half of what America is as a percentage of GDP? It seems that america, who is being “led” by politicians with personal interests in ukraine thinks this is a bigger concern on a global level than all but 4 other small countries.
    I know ukraine is just a small portion of our spending, but the other issues are not the subject of this thread.

Reactions: gll
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom