• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    I am capable enough to know open source materials are mostly bullshit other than basic facts. I am capable enough to know most claims of commie equipment come from warmongers wanting more $$$ to counter a bogus threat.

And the ability to reach Taiwan from Mainland from air was achieved decades ago.
    And what sources am I using? You have no idea. You assume you are the only person in the world with credible information. You assume you are the only person with a defense background.

As far as Taiwan, you make my point.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    What a thread. I know it’s tense and emotions are high. Might feel offended by this or not. Definitely skating on thin ice with forum rules but I think this one time anyone who wants to join me in prayer for the people of Ukraine, the world, our misguided government and even Putin to see the error of his ways. I pray that our Heavenly Father will guide people back to good judgment and do what’s right. If it’s our time it’s our time.

That’s all I have to share. None of you will hurt my feelings by making fun of me or replying with nasty responses. Stay safe today. Roads are bad.
    Agree on prayers for Ukraine, those folks need them.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    And what sources am I using? You have no idea. You assume you are the only person in the world with credible information. You assume you are the only person with a defense background.

Do tell then. I source my info, toddnjoyce sources his, what is yours?

Darqhelmet

You had one job, one.
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jul 5, 2018
    Kaufman County
    What a thread. I know it’s tense and emotions are high. Might feel offended by this or not. Definitely skating on thin ice with forum rules but I think this one time anyone who wants to join me in prayer for the people of Ukraine, the world, our misguided government and even Putin to see the error of his ways. I pray that our Heavenly Father will guide people back to good judgment and do what’s right. If it’s our time it’s our time.

That’s all I have to share. None of you will hurt my feelings by making fun of me or replying with nasty responses. Stay safe today. Roads are bad.
    1645727288412.gif

:rolleyes:

Off today so I’m sitting here watching Europe start to burn and waiting for some teenager to end up sliding into the front pasture.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Here is what you said:
    "This is an under appreciated aspect of IP theft. If Russia or China was able to produce a suitable enough counterfeit product, there would be a lot more countries outside their spheres of influence that would be buying a near-similar level product at a discounted price."

Since when are Russia and China worried about their weapons being reliable and safe? They send 'em up anyhow and accept the losses. Same as they have always done.

I still have contacts in the DOD world as well. Are the Chinese fighters fully equal to US? No. Are they junk that will be easily blown out of the sky? No, from my sources and what I have read. They are capable enough to inflict attrition on us. And we do not have the quantities of aircraft we once had, so attrition will be costly.

So you’ve conflated two different streams of thought. Stream one is the Russia/China ability to produce a suitable counterfeit of a 4th or 5th Gen fighter.

Stream two is an unclassified (and verifiable) example where neither Russian nor Chinese counterfeits have been able to compete at an acceptable level of quality as defined by an industry. Hell, even Aeroflot’s fleet is 95% Airbus or Boeing. Only 9 homegrown airframes in the entire inventory.

That homegrown regional jet has only been adopted by 4 airlines, all Russian and of the 360+ in the order books for the last decade, less than half have been delivered. It’s Brazilian competitor has delivered 1600 of 1730 orders in the same time frame, just for comparison’s sake.

As for the best .ru fighters, the Su-35 is a re-baked Su-27 designed in the 80s. Those dozen (including two prototypes) Su-57s are, objectively, the absolute bottom of the barrel in 5G fighters, of which only 4 models exist in the world, with the Chinese J-20 rounding out the class. The J-20 field strength is likely the equivalent of 2 squadrons worth, or somewhere between 20-40. At the upper end of that estimate, China has roughly 10% of the US 5G fleet but even block II J-20s are likely pre-F-35 gen 1 equivalents and don’t really play in the F-22 space as the J-20 was designed specifically as a multi-role, much like Fat Amy. The J-20 is the biggest of the bunch and with the canards up front is likely the least stealthy or the one with the largest RCS depending on how you want to measure it.

Don’t know what you’re privy to, but I do know that what DoD contract producers are told is not equivalent to all the knowledge .gov possesses on any given subject.

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    The chips TI produces would not work for our needs, nor can they flip a switch and start making the ones we need. Intel, INTEL is using TSMC foundries because our domestic chip manufacturing techniques are so far behind what they are doing in Asia. We can not produce the quality, quantity, or type of chips we currently use domestically.
    Correct, you can't just retool a wafer fab. If you could, TI would have done that over a year ago if they could make more profit.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Stream two is an unclassified (and verifiable) example where neither Russian nor Chinese counterfeits have been able to compete at an acceptable level of quality as defined by an industry. Hell, even Aeroflot’s fleet is 95% Airbus or Boeing. Only 9 homegrown airframes in the entire inventory.
    You are not reading what I posted. And conflating on your own.

Comparing Russia and China military philosophies on what is acceptable quality is not the same as what commercial airliners consider acceptable.

Have the last word, as far as I am concerned enough has been said.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Support
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Trigger73
    Top Bottom