• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    RE Shadow Systems trigger - its better than a Glock by far, but is not PDP level good. The ergonomics otherwise are outstanding - more of a 1911 like grip angle (like the M&P has) - the Mag release is better, the frame texture is very good with index points for thumbs / trigger finger to ride the side of the frame. The War Poet version has a bunch of fancy milling and shit on the slide - you know, so you can rack you gun off of a coffee table using the top of the slide (versus the optic that'd be way too easy to use?) that also lightens the slide a bit. Also comes with a magwell installed, threaded barrel with thread protector, and good AmeriGlo (looked like it anyway) sights right from jump.

The criticism I've seen of the Metal guns has been for all - the Competitor, the standard Metal - everyone loves the stock trigger except the most snobbish - but they all say they feel no difference in recoil impulse or shootability for the money. I'd say rent one before you plunk down $900 on a gun that may or may not be any better of a shooter than a Performance Center gun, or a base model gun with an Apex trigger.

The Beretta's only downfall comes from IF you were to use it as a serious working gun, versus range toy. Tactical crowd has fallen out of love with the Beretta. So much so that Safariland refuses to support the RDO model guns or light equipped guns. There are no current-model versions that support a Beretta with a weapon light or red dot sight. If Safariland won't make a holster - none of the other major duty gear makers will. The best you can get is US Duty Gear, which is similar but different. They don't have the "chip deflector" technology of the Safariland RDS holsters, so cookie crumbs, dorritos, lint, and crackhead juices will get all up on your lense :laughing: I got my 92X because I love how the 92 shoots, and wanted a more modern working gun that I could throw the cool-buy bullshit on. I should've just bought a damn Glock or M&P - literally if you aren't running a Glock, M&P, Sig, or a Staccato, Safariland says you suck and they hate you now - like HK.

Gun hipsters need to move out of the 2011 / 1911 Gucci gun phase and get back into hammer fired, metal frame double action pistols again so the holster boys will give us duty gear for them again. Right now I don't *need* a weapon light - as my armed job is during the daytime, and I am old enough to have been trained on using a hand held light with a gun. For what I'm doing though - I really do wish I had a red dot on the gun - I'm *the* security program for my son's school now, after the killing in Tennessee they decided they need security.

IF I have to shoot someone trying to kill kids - the precision advantage from a dot would be nice.At least the 92X has a high viz orange front dot and serrated rear black sight - its as good as it gets with irons. Not that the state qualification is all that challenging, but I only dropped 4 points from a perfect score by throwing a couple of the 15 yard shots in double action into the C-zone of the target. Had they been fired single action, I probably would've gotten a "perfect" score.
    Ok ill have to find a shadow systems somewhere to try out. I am a big fan of glock but I am looking to move away to something that has a great factory trigger. Ive come to realize that for me as an individual that a trigger makes a big difference in how I shoot from the draw. Im really not interested in aftermarket anything unless it is sights

With the recent spate of shootings, I am looking to get a bit more serious about shooting my pistols more often. I am a die hard rifle guy so its easy for me to place pistols on the back burner for training.

I carry a p365 now. I shoot it really well but I dont like or trust sig sauer tbh
    DK Firearms

Texasgordo

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Gonzales, Texas
    My next duty gun might be a cz p10.
    download.jpeg-884.jpg

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    Metal CZs do the weird trigger finger bite to me. I think the only one that hasnt done it is a p01 omega

I wonder if a shadow 2 will do that as well

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Metal CZs do the weird trigger finger bite to me. I think the only one that hasnt done it is a p01 omega

I wonder if a shadow 2 will do that as well

You know that CZ and Dan Wesson engineers paired up to make a hybrid 2011 / CZ-75, right?

Single action 1911 type trigger, CZ-75 ergonomics, takes CZ-75 mags, even can use CZ-75 grip panels.

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    You know that CZ and Dan Wesson engineers paired up to make a hybrid 2011 / CZ-75, right?

Single action 1911 type trigger, CZ-75 ergonomics, takes CZ-75 mags, even can use CZ-75 grip panels.
    No RDO though

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin

Get it milled :evil:

Ehhh goes back to my original point. I hate sending stuff out to get worked on. Just need it from the factory ready to go minus swapping irons out. Just particular about that with pistols.

Rifles I am ok with modding to the moon if it requires it but for this pistol I just want a factory gun that runs so I can feel 100% when I carry it at church and other places

Top Bottom