Texas SOT

Tired of people thinking Hi_point is a wonderful gun.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    ive owned the carbines in 9mm and .40 sw, they never once failed to fire or fte in the 500 or 600 rounds i put through them each. a friend had the hi point .45 pistol, it never failed to fire or fte on him either. theyre not the most ideal pistol for ccw, or home defense, but if money is an issue for someone looking, its not the worst.

That carbine is a fun range gun.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    I see a Hi-points online from private sellers from time to time and its silly to listen to them try to sell their gun, or worst others chiming in to help the sale with stupid stuff like, "Its a great conceal carry gun", "American made", "other guns are just overpriced hipoint has it right."

Or the worst, I asked if they would trust the hipoint with their life if it came down to it and these people have the ignorance to say Yes.

I understand its a american gun but its made of low grade plastics and heavy as hell. No way thats a good conceal carry gun ever.

Ive held one that was empty and I can only imagine how heavy it is loaded to capacity. If you say something to them they get all pissy

Is it me or are they all so wrong here.

Rant is over....

So what you are saying is you have never fired one or even held a loaded one - and you are giving a commentary on the functionality of them?

there is a reason you don't see hi-point owners posting these threads.

The fact is if you have 50-100 bucks to spend on a pistol - hi-point is your best bet. You can conceal anything if you have to. and it makes a low maintenance low recoil solution for a lady's night stand. Are they 24/7 carry guns? hell no! they eigh 300 lbs. but they fit in the glove box / center console of your car, look just fine in a nightstand drawer - they fill a niche. they are in production because the market exists.

i cant wait to hear your range report.
    for what its worth the later model c-9s are alot better. avoid metal triggers iirc that is the tell of an old model.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    ^^ i got here late!

If only they made a magazine with a capacity of at least 30 rounds for their 9mm carbine...

i want to say i saw a guy cannibalize 2 15 rounders and an uzi spring or something and made his own.

Top Bottom