Gun Zone Deals

Tired of people thinking Hi_point is a wonderful gun.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I have never owned nor fired a Hi-point firearm so In good conscience, cannot comment on that aspect of the brand. I have seen many of them and my eyes don't lie. How can anyone call a Glock handgun ugly when Hi-points share the same planet! Even if you like their appearance, consider their revolvers. My God, what were they thinking? The only comparison I can think of is a Mateba or the Ukranian pistol that I posted long ago. Those babies are dog ugly!

OK, I might be wrong. As a confirmed bachelor, I think that all newborn babies are ugly, too. Yes, I see Moms dressing them up and putting pretty bows in their hair but they still look like Gargoyles on the side of an old building to me!

That's my 2 cents worth. If you like the appearance of Hi-point products then here's some eye candy for you......the beautiful Ukranian pistol.

Flash
    DK Firearms

Dragwn

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2012
    Plano
    So, being that right now the most I could afford might be a Hi-Point, I'm not going to use it for CCW but a range gun and to teach my wife to be more comfortable with a pistol. I was thinking about a Hi-point 9mm, and I know from holding it and feeling the weight I wouldn't want to carry it daily. As a cheap reliable ugly as sin basically training gun, it would be a solid choice. Later down the road I would pick up something much better suited to CCW.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    I had one for a while just to check it out. It didn't malfunction. I just didn't like the weight, balance, trigger, etc.

It's like any other gun. You need to shoot it and make sure its functioning reliably. If you're just gonna stick it in your sock drawer then I could see the concern not matter what you buy.

Someone who buys a gun that they know nothing about, online, after doing no research and not shooting it hasn't done their due diligence either. This type of individual is less likely to be successful at defending themselves regardless of the tool they choose.

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    The first pistol I ever purchased myself was a Hi-Point 9mm. I remember being proud of it and I can tell you that it did teach me at least one thing; the meaning of the term 'stove pipe'.

Angered_Kabar

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Kansas City :(
    Personally I don't think there is any reason for someone to have a hi point unless they want to blow upwards of $200.

You can get a MUCH nicer and better manufactured handgun, albeit used (surplus), for not a whole lot more. Check out the P64 and CZ82. Both of those are smaller, lighter and arguably more durable. You can also find police trade in revolvers for close to the same price.

And if you're one of those guys that says, "I'LL ONLY BUY MERCAN"... Better not let me find you shooting wolf or brown bear through your high point.

Kyle

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    Conroe
    .......Or the worst, I asked if they would trust the hipoint with their life if it came down to it and these people have the ignorance to say Yes.

I understand its a american gun but its made of low grade plastics and heavy as hell. No way thats a good conceal carry gun ever.

Ive held one that was empty and I can only imagine how heavy it is loaded to capacity. If you say something to them they get all pissy

Is it me or are they all so wrong here.

Rant is over....

Why is it ignorant of them to say that they would trust THEIR hi-point with their life? Isn't it ignorant of you to assume that their pistol is not sufficient for their self defense when you are not familiar with their pistol? I would trust MY hi-point with my life.. but I probably wouldn't trust your hi-point.

It isn't a terrible ccw weapon if that is all you can justify buying. Hanging from the waist with a full mag, it isn't bad at all IMO. I would not carry mine because I have better options. I would if I had to though and I wouldn't think twice about it. Mine goes with me in my car. If I have to leave it and it gets stolen... oh well, it was $150. Not a big loss, I will just get another.

Wouldn't you get pissy if someone was bashing something of yours?
    I know I would... You can have your opinions and you can voice them all you like... but I don't have to stand their and like them.

I like my hi-point carbine and my pistol, a lot... the pistol shoots very well, is surprisingly accurate and it makes a pretty decent hammer in a pinch.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I have never owned nor fired a Hi-point firearm so In good conscience, cannot comment on that aspect of the brand. I have seen many of them and my eyes don't lie. How can anyone call a Glock handgun ugly when Hi-points share the same planet! Even if you like their appearance, consider their revolvers. My God, what were they thinking? The only comparison I can think of is a Mateba or the Ukranian pistol that I posted long ago. Those babies are dog ugly!

OK, I might be wrong. As a confirmed bachelor, I think that all newborn babies are ugly, too. Yes, I see Moms dressing them up and putting pretty bows in their hair but they still look like Gargoyles on the side of an old building to me!

That's my 2 cents worth. If you like the appearance of Hi-point products then here's some eye candy for you......the beautiful Ukranian pistol.

Flash

I want one and I'm not planning to buy a high point, he'll I think that gun has to triggers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#1gunner

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2012
    Dallas
    Why is it ignorant of them to say that they would trust THEIR hi-point with their life? Isn't it ignorant of you to assume that their pistol is not sufficient for their self defense when you are not familiar with their pistol? I would trust MY hi-point with my life.. but I probably wouldn't trust your hi-point.

It isn't a terrible ccw weapon if that is all you can justify buying. Hanging from the waist with a full mag, it isn't bad at all IMO. I would not carry mine because I have better options. I would if I had to though and I wouldn't think twice about it. Mine goes with me in my car. If I have to leave it and it gets stolen... oh well, it was $150. Not a big loss, I will just get another.

Wouldn't you get pissy if someone was bashing something of yours?
    I know I would... You can have your opinions and you can voice them all you like... but I don't have to stand their and like them.

I like my hi-point carbine and my pistol, a lot... the pistol shoots very well, is surprisingly accurate and it makes a pretty decent hammer in a pinch.

Re-Read my complaint. Re-Read.

#1gunner

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2012
    Dallas
    People are entitled to their opinions. You getting all upset because of what someone else likes is laughable.

Read again. No one is upset. I find it unsettling that people are comparing them to glocks and great CCW weapons.

IF your going to get mad, do it for a good reason. Whats laughable is the ones that did not read what was stated. Seems like a few are upset and are likley the ones with the Hi-Point. Thats not even whats in question here. Take it one sentence at a time, please. Geez

I ONCE loved A KIA till it blew up. True story.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    sheepdog.jpg

Just to lighten the mood

Kyle

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    Conroe
    Re-Read my complaint. Re-Read.

I read your complaint... It is just a sales pitch.. not a big deal, people should do some research before they buy.

I wasn't aware I that I couldn't address anything other than the first thought in your post. My bad.

#1gunner

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2012
    Dallas
    NO you cant, if your turning around calling a member ignorant when they said nothing about the sort. You can moan about it but those are your words not mine so I cant be ignorant for something you brought to light.

Kyle

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    Conroe
    NO you cant, if your turning around calling a member ignorant when they said nothing about the sort. You can moan about it but those are your words not mine so I cant be ignorant for something you brought to light.

Ok... Now YOU re-read what I said, but this time, do so in the correct context.

your words: "Or the worst, I asked if they would trust the hipoint with their life if it came down to it and these people have the ignorance to say Yes. "

I did not say that you were an ignorant person.... "Why is it ignorant of them to say that they would trust THEIR hi-point with their life? Isn't it ignorant of you to assume that their pistol is not sufficient for their self defense when you are not familiar with their pistol?...."

I said nothing rude, wrong or distasteful.

CanTex

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Pflugerville
    I think Hi Points are wonderful guns. I have owned 3 or 4 of the 9mm pistols and 1 of the carbines. They worked every time, were great for teaching others how to shoot and allowed me to, at a time when money was scarce, to get a brand new gun with full warranty and have lots of money left over to buy lots of ammo to get out and shoot it.

I now, currently do not own one. Why? because I have other vehicle, sock drawer guns and the Hi Points were passed down to those who are now just getting started. The ones who will now have more cash to buy ammo and hopefully practice lots.....

Why do I no longer have them, for most of the reasons others have given regarding trigger, size, shape etc.

Your fault is not with the Hi Point... It is with the shady seller.... something that I would always try to step in on and ask questions, not to show how much I know... but to possibly get the intended "Victim" a chance to rethink or hear about other, possibly better solutions......

When bad happens and we just stand by and let it... we are guilty too.

#1gunner

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2012
    Dallas
    I understand. its ok. I know.
    Its hard to find them anyways unless you go online. No one likes to stock them from my experience. Not that I was looking! Haha. This is said in a playful manner so be nice.

Top Bottom