Patriot Mobile

Tired of people thinking Hi_point is a wonderful gun.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    I understand. its ok. I know.
    Its hard to find them anyways unless you go online. No one likes to stock them from my experience. Not that I was looking! Haha. This is said in a playful manner so be nice.

I know of a few places in your area (within 15 mins) that keep the full line of Hi-Points instock right next to much more expensive pieces.
    Gun Zone Deals

#1gunner

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2012
    Dallas
    I think Hi Points are wonderful guns. I have owned 3 or 4 of the 9mm pistols and 1 of the carbines. They worked every time, were great for teaching others how to shoot and allowed me to, at a time when money was scarce, to get a brand new gun with full warranty and have lots of money left over to buy lots of ammo to get out and shoot it.

I now, currently do not own one. Why? because I have other vehicle, sock drawer guns and the Hi Points were passed down to those who are now just getting started. The ones who will now have more cash to buy ammo and hopefully practice lots.....

Why do I no longer have them, for most of the reasons others have given regarding trigger, size, shape etc.

Your fault is not with the Hi Point... It is with the shady seller.... something that I would always try to step in on and ask questions, not to show how much I know... but to possibly get the intended "Victim" a chance to rethink or hear about other, possibly better solutions......

When bad happens and we just stand by and let it... we are guilty too.

Thank you, thank you. I should have stated that last part because that was exactly correct on what I was trying to get across. I did step in however to not screw up the persons sale altogether I beat around the bush and asked questions like why are they such low priced and things like that. Basically so they could understand.

I seen just about a hour ago a gun range that did not allow them. Dont ask me why, I just read it, i didnt write it..lol

#1gunner

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2012
    Dallas
    I know of a few places in your area (within 15 mins) that keep the full line of Hi-Points instock right next to much more expensive pieces.

Of course there are also shops that dont carry Keltec. Its the owners discretion I guess(well obviously.lol).

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I would not carry one for my CHL gun, but they are decent first pistol. Some folks get their feet wet with them, and some keep them forever.

I have shot a couple of the carbines, and would consider owning one. They are fun to shoot, inexpensive, and as someone else said, they are a decent truck gun. In fact, I would love to have a 45 carbine for my 4WD vehicle.

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    In the top ten of getting people going... Hi Points.

Me, if you like them then good deal, buy and keep them. I major in Sigs, 1911s and HKs , with a minor in Glock and Walther.

#1gunner

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2012
    Dallas
    Ah crap. I should have done my homework. I google hipoint with another word and it came up with all the threads like this one and everyone says Dont post a thread about HIpoint, it will cause a lot of stirup on your fourms..LOL Crazy.

I think I may go buy me one just to try it out. Hell a used one was at the pawn shop for 70.00

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Yeah! I'm on another forum right now. Damned Hi-Point rage from 3 years ago. Still burning. Nothing stirs the emotions like a freaking Hi-Point!
    Sheesh!

#1gunner

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2012
    Dallas
    It honestly seems like the threads I create always have a way of not staying too cordial. Whether its me or others it never works out well. I hate that because it just makes my name on here look not as good as it could.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    It honestly seems like the threads I create always have a way of not staying too cordial. Whether its me or others it never works out well. I hate that because it just makes my name on here look not as good as it could.

When you lob grenades into a room, you're gonna get a firefight.

Top Bottom