Hurley's Gold

Tinnitus . . . how are you dealing with it?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Car 54

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2022
    Kehma, TX
    I've had tinnitus in my right ear for about 47 years. It started when I was in the service. I've learned to live with it. I use a Snooz white noise sound machine when I sleep.
    Military Camp

Attachments

• Snooz.jpg
      Snooz.jpg
      98.8 KB · Views: 63

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    I've wanted to post in here for months, just to bitch n moan and HOPEFULLY learn of some new relief.

I use a Snooz white noise sound machine when I sleep.

My problem is during the day when things are fine then suddenly, all I hear is ringing. :mad:

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    For a long time, my right ear was the only one that worked worth hardly at all. Left is mostly dead. If a speaker was right against it, I could hear somewhat but it sounded like I was in a tunnel. Recently my right ear started losing a lot of hearing. Not sure why. Even with a speaker right next to it everything is severely muffled.
    And the tinnitus is louder than before without the background noise.
    The joys of aging.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Car 54

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2022
    Kehma, TX
    I've wanted to post in here for months, just to bitch n moan and HOPEFULLY learn of some new relief.

My problem is during the day when things are fine then suddenly, all I hear is ringing. :mad:
    Yes, it's 24/7/365, never stops. I try not to think about it but, it's always there. Only those that have tinnitus really know what it's like. I just try to focus on what's in front of me. I find when I'm relaxed, the ringing is less intense. Hang in there, you're not alone!

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    I wear ear pro when driving my Highlander and riding my motorcycle.
    Also when using yard work equipment.

Car 54

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2022
    Kehma, TX
    The VA gave me some high dollar hearing aids due to hearing loss as well. When I have them on, they pick up every sound you can imagine. Sometimes they're too good but, now that I think about it, I don't notice the ringing as much when I'm wearing them.

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    The VA gave me some high dollar hearing aids due to hearing loss as well. When I have them on, they pick up every sound you can imagine. Sometimes they're too good but, now that I think about it, I don't notice the ringing as much when I'm wearing them.

The VA provided me with hearing aids that have tinnitus treatment. A white noise generator. I'm supposed to be able to turn it up/down, and I used to, but I can no longer hear it.

I use CPAP also and take gabapentin for neuropathy pain at night... it makes me groggy enough that I don't hear the screaming tinnitus. But in the morning it's pretty bad until I've had my hearing aids on for awhile. Right now, the wife is in bed and it's quiet... it's pretty bad. Can't ignore it.

The right ear rings, but there is a high pitched whine screaming right in the center of the back of my head... I don't know if that's tinnitus from combining the pitch out of both ears... I'll have to ask the doc.

Not dealing with it well at all when I don't have my hearing aids in. Hope they have a model with stronger therapy tho.

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    Tinnitus sufferer also, I keep telling my wife not to buy concert tickets. Forget about it after going to a concert. We don't go to concerts very often but when we do, next time I'll wear ear plugs.

Car 54

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2022
    Kehma, TX
    Forget about it after going to a concert.
    I understand that. Who can afford concert tickets these days?

However, I still like the smaller venues like Gruene Hall, small outside gatherings, the local microbrewery, etc. My tinnitus is here to stay. I'm not. I've learned to live with it and try to enjoy those things that make me happy while I still can.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    New fangled digital hearing aids help a lot for me.
    Only the frequencies affected by my tinnitus are amplified. Those less affected are amplified according to frequencies.

A rattlesnake buzzing is in my loss frequency range.
    I should wear them in the country more often.

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    New fangled digital hearing aids help a lot for me.
    Only the frequencies affected by my tinnitus are amplified. Those less affected are amplified according to frequencies.

A rattlesnake buzzing is in my loss frequency range.
    I should wear them in the country more often.
    That makes no sense to me.

And it's screaming like a F-4 right now.
    24/7/365.

I don't wish it on others but still, so many can't understand the struggle.

Top Bottom