• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zackmars

Novice Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    I desire it. I like magnified two eyes open shooting and I want to keep my rear iron site in place.

It's not like you can't shoot both eyes open perfectly fine with any scope.

Personally, optical quality is a huge reason to have a scope, and scout scopes are always worse than a conventional optic, especially in less favorable light conditions.

And them being "fast" is a placebo.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    <>

Not a “Scout’ but similar. After a season hunting with Sons each having a different caliber rifle, I went to McBride’s & got everyone a Rem Mod. 7 in .243Win.

See “stock photo”:

Never a complaint from anyone. The shorter bbl’s don’t seem to have any noticeable effect at our usual hunting shot ranges. And these little rifles are so much easier to handle & carry.

<>

billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands
    It's not like you can't shoot both eyes open perfectly fine with any scope.

Personally, optical quality is a huge reason to have a scope, and scout scopes are always worse than a conventional optic, especially in less favorable light conditions.

And them being "fast" is a placebo.
    I like the long eye relief with both eyes open. I don’t shoot std eye relief scopes that way. I don’t think they’re any faster. As long as I can see the target- dawn/dusk is immaterial to me. Std or Long eye relief- I’m not owning a scope that will give me 2% more light. It’s like having a car that will go 150mph top speed and one that will go 190.

zackmars

Novice Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    I like the long eye relief with both eyes open. I don’t shoot std eye relief scopes that way. I don’t think they’re any faster. As long as I can see the target- dawn/dusk is immaterial to me. Std or Long eye relief- I’m not owning a scope that will give me 2% more light. It’s like having a car that will go 150mph top speed and one that will go 190.

I would say it's way more than 2%. It's very noticeable. It's like having a car that tops out at 50 and one that goes 150.

The whole idea of the scout scope was to be fast and good for general purpose work while allowing stripper clip use. But no one uses stripper clips anymore and RDO's, LPVO's and prisms are all a million times better.

The other idea was to sell magazine subscriptions but thats a whole nother can of worms

Top Bottom