• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lost Spurs

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 24, 2011
    BCS
    Here is another that is in the works. Quote is from the source.

"Early design - Tokarev side charger, AR-15 FIre control group that takes High Point Mags... I think this might be the best part of our CyberPunk present."

What these guys are designing around is available parts kits.

There is another in the works that is using the ruger p95 slide and lower parts, uses glock mags.
    8be5ca8784889b784c821f720e677c75.jpg

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk
    Texas SOT

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

CodyK

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Houston
    Maverick44,

In 1969, a "jungle workshop" in South VN was found by the AMERICAL MP Company where a group of about 40 women were making AK 47 rifles from scratch & using NO electricity, running water & nothing more than common hand tools.

The rifles that the women were making were UGLY but they shot just FINE.
    (Based on some evidence that was found at a nearby location, it seems that the same group were making 7.62X39MM ammo "from scratch" too.)
    ADDENDA: I was rather fascinated when I found out that the VC were smelting down empty artillery shell casings & CASTING the 7.62X39 cases.

The MPs kept 4 of the "homebrew AKs" & 3 of them are now on display at The MP Museum at Ft Leonard Wood, MO.
    The 4th "VC" AK is on display at Aberdeen Proofing Ground.

USAMPM also has a single-shot .38 SPL pistol that was made "inside the wire" from "found materials" at a WWII POW Camp in VA.

yours, satx

I was born at Fort Leonardwood! My dad had just returned from Vietnam and was a D.I. there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    I was born at Fort Leonardwood! My dad had just returned from Vietnam and was a D.I. there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CodyK,

CONGRADS to your Dad & upon his DEDICATED & HONORABLE service to the USA & to our Republic's CONSTITUTON.

yours, satx
    USA, Retired

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Biden doesn't have the power to create laws on his own, and there is no law that would prevent someone from making their own gun for their own usage. There's not shit he can do about it without congress, so he can go pound sand.

Maverick44,

With BOTH Houses of Congress in the hands of the HATEFUL, FAR LEFT DIMocRATS, I would put NOTHING past "Loony Joe" Biden & his clown car of WEIRDOS, CRAZIES, CREEPS & just plain COMMON CRIMINALS.

yours, satx

G O B

School of Hard Knocks and Sharp blows
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Hays Co.
    In 3rd grade, (1967-8) we made black powder, made many pipe bombs, and a couple muskets out of 1/2" black pipe that shot ball bearings. It is NOT rocket science!

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    My father was inserted via submarine into the Japanese-occupied Philippines right after they fell. I'm kind of glad I have no recordings of him talking about the horrors he witnessed.

benenglish,

As HORRIFIC as some of the 1st person accounts of WWII & other conflicts are, IMO it's a PITY that those historical events are being lost forever with the deaths of those GIs who lived them.

FWIW, I had a great many 1st person memories of WWI doughboys on "reel to reel tape" that were LOST forever when my apartment caught fire & burned down to the foundation in 1968.
    (The floor furnace in the building caught fire, while I was home from college for Christmas break on Christmas eve.- I lost everything that I had.
    NO, renter's insurance cannot ever really replace the things that you may lose to fire, flood, storm or other such incidents.= ImVho, my reel to reel tapes of WWI doughboy's memories of The Great War are IRREPLACABLE.)

yours, satx

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    As HORRIFIC as some of the 1st person accounts of WWII & other conflicts are, IMO it's a PITY that those historical events are being lost forever with the deaths of those GIs who lived them.
    Maybe I should finish the screenplay I outlined 40 years ago...

Lost Spurs

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 24, 2011
    BCS
    Here is another one still in beta that is about to have a full release. Ruger P95 with glock mags. I just got a complete stainless parts kit (everything but stock frame) for $93 to the door. Cost of filament to print is about 5 bucks. Glock mags are printable for about 2 bucks.

Files are free and open-source.
    af92076d93e7d885e0950c89bd2a7f36.jpg

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom