• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    A 3D printed semi auto 45-70 that uses NO commercially available firearm parts and does not require any machining equipment.

Yes, it's crude, doesn't quite work yet, and has some other issues, but it shows that if there's a will, there's a way. There's no way to effectively ban what this guy is doing. With enough work and design tweaks, I feel like this could be a functional firearm.

Military Camp

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    There's also a couple of AR lowers, one called the Hellfire that can be downloaded from CtrlPew, and the other from Hoffmantactical.com that show a lot of promise. The links are not posted here due to confusion around ITAR. They are easy enough to find. One, you can literally find by just googling "3d printed AR lower".

Last edited:

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Dude's got some fortitude, I'm not sure my experimental 3D printed plastic prototype would be chambered in a heavy hitter like .45-70 - I'd probably start out with a .22 magnum if I wanted the simplicity of straight wall, or maybe a revolver caliber like .38 or .357 mag. Props to him, and the flywheel-delayed blow back? Thats kinda neat.

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    This is a cool one in 9mm. Same basic concept. No commercially available gun parts.

Sustainable FGC-9 Carbine Production
    The strength of the FGC-9 Carbine is it can be produced by an individual, at home, even in a small apartment, if electricity and access to the Internet are available. It is a proven design which only takes a couple of weeks to produce. Most of the time is taken by the 3D print process, which takes little skill or oversight.

For a small organization or shop, producing multiple copies of the FGC-9 takes minimal organization. One person needs to have basic 3D printing skills. One person needs to be able to produce simple welds. One person needs access to purchase materials over the Internet.

For an outlay of a couple of thousand dollars, and a five-meter by five-meter (16 x 16 ft) space with electricity, a small shop with two or three workers could produce 3-4 complete FGC-9 carbines a week. The limit would be the print time on the 3-D printers. Half a dozen 3D printers would not take up much space and would add flexibility and redundancy. Add another half a dozen 3D printers for another $1,500, and increase the production to one FGC-9 per day. Very little hand fitting is required.

Last edited:

grumper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Austin
    That's nothing new. The IRA built guns like this under total lockdown decades ago
    0_9EjlSR3qoX3mvpUs.png

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    It's definitely not a new idea, just done in a new way that is easier for the average person to do.

There is a certain book out there that covers certain expediently homemade things that might not exactly be legal to make, and that book might be all over the internet in a free pdf format.

I got that book on CD-Rom 20 years ago from my supervisor at work, along with some other interesting materials. A lot of the info on telephone systems is out of date, but other things never change.

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    The magazines seem like the hard parts.
    Exactly what I was thinking. Seems like you could start with a magazine and a barrel and build around those a whole lot easier.

This could get me in trouble with the Mrs...

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    This is going to make things interesting. Right now, the technology is expensive. Then again, normal plastic based 3D printing was too only a few years ago. Now, I can get a good plastic based 3d printer for less than $300. I see this becoming cheap enough for the average person to own within the next decade.

metal (2).png

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    They are not that cost prohibitive now. Most peoples phones cost more than that. A lot more.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    They are not that cost prohibitive now. Most peoples phones cost more than that. A lot more.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    Hell, I've got 3 printers. Paid less than $200 each. Started with one, then when the Beer virus hit and face shields were unobtanium, I got 2 more and started making face shields 24/7 for over 3 months. Made and donated over 2400 of them to local hospitals and nursing homes. Back to only using just one now.
    Matter of fact, I'm giving one to my nephew tomorrow who just got into reloading and shooting so he can print his own stuff.

They come in pretty damn handy to make one-off stuff.

Pistol Pete

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2010
    Texas
    Fellers, you better be building out of steel, these plastic guns from a 3 d printer may only be good for one shot...................................

Top Bottom