• ...and so much more!
  • satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    To All,

Another bit of trivia about making weapons "under the worst of circumstance" happened at SOBIBOR DEATH CAMP in WWII, when Jewish inmates MADE SWORDS, DAGGERS, GRENADES & at least ONE FUNCTIONAL PISTOL "under the very noses" of the SS Guards.
    The weapons were actually used during the ESCAPE from SOBIBOR, to seize MGs, rifles & pistols from the SS.
    (SOBIBOR was the SOLE "mass escape" from any SS-controlled concentration/death camp.)

yours, satx
    DK Firearms

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    To All,

Fwiw, NZ made over 15,000 MACHINE RIFLES from bolt action SMLE #1 rifles in the last 7 months of 1942 & early 1943, to prepare for the expected Japanese invasion of the island nation.

The ERSATZ machine rifles LOOKED ODD & were a bit CLUMSY but the converted SMLE rifles but were "perfectly functional" as MG at the cyclic rate of about 600-625RPM & were "well liked" by the NZ troops who used the machine rifles.
    NOTE: The worst thing about the earliest-made ersatz machine rifles was how SLOW that the "locally-made" 40-round drum magazines were to reload.
    (As a result & to cut costs, the NZ government soon substituted 18-round "banana" magazines for the drums.)

yours, satx

Last edited:

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I guess I'm bit behind on the technology curve. I didn't know that.

Yep, they're around. I think you can get a printer for around $3k. You can get numerous different filaments like copper, stainless steel, or even tool steel. They are not cheap. From what I've seen, they're about $40 per 0.5 kg on the low end.

In 10 years, they might be more affordable.

Lost Spurs

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 24, 2011
    BCS
    Here is one of the 3d printed gun projects in the works. I just got a VZ61 parts kit in 32acp with a 20rd mag. I am planning on printing the VZ61AR lower as seen in blue. It uses the VZ61 upper and some other parts with a AR15 trigger set and grip. The last pic is some other 3d printed accouterments.

Here is a YouTube link to the kit in action. This is part 4. Parts 1 2 and 3 work through some of the issues with quality and feeding issues.

They make a similar lower for the mac11 that takes glock mags.

1a4152ffe248eab862093406dfa2d3de.jpg
    8c89cb102e7c86c23e6f842bce7f92a4.jpg
    f6c6116243d482ba39c4ad911160d09a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    To All,

Another bit of trivia about making weapons "under the worst of circumstance" happened at SOBIBOR DEATH CAMP in WWII, when Jewish inmates MADE SWORDS, DAGGERS, GRENADES & at least ONE FUNCTIONAL PISTOL "under the very noses" of the SS Guards.
    The weapons were actually used during the ESCAPE from SOBIBOR, to seize MGs, rifles & pistols from the SS.
    (SOBIBOR was the SOLE "mass escape" from any SS-controlled concentration/death camp.)

yours, satx

No, it wasn't. Sobibor was just one that became more well known than others.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    The general subject of Jewish resistance to the Nazis is a fascinating subject that is understood far too little these days.

An overview:

benenglish,

SPOT ON. - I had a friend (He passed away in his sleep in 2013) who was a 19yo 3RD LT in the POLISH LANCERS (YES, the guys who attacked the GERMAN Army ON HORSEBACK) & survived. = He was a Hungarian Count & the Germans (after 20 days) decided to "let him & his batman escape", as the NAZIs didn't want to anger the European Nobles any more than they HAD to.

He & his batman spent the rest of WWII with the (mostly Jewish escapees from the DEATH TRAINS, TREBLINKA & the VILNA GHETTO, RUSSIAN POWs & local POLISH COMMUNISTS) Partisans & told me many harrowing tales of the "hit, gun & run" partisan war against both the Germans & the Red Army.
    (About 9 months before VE Day, he escaped to Sweden & then to Scotland, where he lived out his life in exile, with the Polish government in exile.. - He ended up marrying a redheaded Scottish commoner/widow/nursery school teacher in the early 1960s & that marriage REALLY ANGERED his remaining family, that were by then "essentially penniless" Hungarian exiles to Tuscany. Even though he & The Countess constantly sent them money to live upon, the family never forgave him for "marrying beneath his class". = PASSING STRANGE, don't you think??)

yours, satx

Last edited:

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    the family never forgave him for "marrying beneath his class". = PASSING STRANGE, don't you think??
    Not at all. Loyalty to class above all else, even survival, was well ingrained in many European cultures. It was (and in some places, still is) really dumb but, as has been pointed out by folks far more intelligent than me, while individual humans can be pretty smart, large groups tend to be stupid as all hell.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    benenglish; All,

I thought you might like one of his war stories. ===> I asked him how they survived in the Polish forests in the dead of Winter.

He said, "By wrecking German trains & ambushing Red Army convoys.
    He said, "I remember one case when our Holy Mother Mary smiled upon us, as we were almost OUT of everything. Almost NO more ammo, explosives food, warm clothes, blankets, fuel, everything.

Suddenly we got word from a nearby hamlet that a German supply train was coming by about 3PM.
    We derailed the train on a curve & found MORE food, ammo, explosives, guns, gasoline, diesel, grenades & other things than we could carry away. - We had to recruit 'porters' from nearby farms to help carry it all away, for a share of the loot."

He also said, "We caught a NAZI GAULEITER in SS uniform. He died VERY SLOW & REALLY HARD at the hands of the Polish/Ukrainian/Jewish women. -Took him all that night to die, as the women killed him a little at a time, by cutting 'lots of things' off. - Wasn't pretty to hear. NOT at all."

NOTE: I wish that I had been smart enough to record his 1st person accounts of Partisan warfare behind German/Red Army lines on tape.

yours, satx

Mohawk600

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Austin
    I disagree. You cannot ban guns for the same reasons that you cannot ban alcohol nor drugs. Besides the millions of guns out there.........people want them. That is why the shady communities in big cities like Shitcago, DC, and New York have the most restrictive laws yet the highest rates of gun violence.

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I disagree. You cannot ban guns for the same reasons that you cannot ban alcohol nor drugs. Besides the millions of guns out there.........people want them. That is why the shady communities in big cities like Shitcago, DC, and New York have the most restrictive laws yet the highest rates of gun violence.

How is that a disagreement? 3D printing is simply another avenue for people to get what they want. It doesn't really matter how people get them, it only matters that they get them.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I wish that I had been smart enough to record his 1st person accounts
    My father was inserted via submarine into the Japanese-occupied Philippines right after they fell. I'm kind of glad I have no recordings of him talking about the horrors he witnessed.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    My father was inserted via submarine into the Japanese-occupied Philippines right after they fell. I'm kind of glad I have no recordings of him talking about the horrors he witnessed.

benenglish,

For those of us who were assigned "peculiar duties" & were sent to some of the Globe's "garden spots", I feel that it is important to preserve those 1st person accounts, even when it HURTS.

just m OPINION, satx

Lost Spurs

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 24, 2011
    BCS
    Full frame and chassis replacement for new version CZ scorpion. Uses factory guts but replaces serialized part with home printed part.

f37f62b6ee4044bf23375d52acd10e7e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom