• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mongoose

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    nm
    It's a very large piece of machinery that is, the one I saw, gas powered and driven over the rebar. The concrete trucks back up to it and dump their concrete into a giant hopper. As the screech is driven forward, it pushes the concrete truck until it's empty.As it moves, it will screech the concrete and the finishers will come behind it with their bull floats and finish trowels. This was for a new run
    OOOOPS. screed. My bad. To many letters on my key board and to close together.
    That makes sense. Never heard of a screech unless it was an owl or hysterical person.
    DK Firearms

craigntx

Masta Copypasta
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 25, 2010
    Cypress, Tejas
    What is an electric screech?
    This one dosent push anything. It does vibrate. The pumper lays down the concrete the screech pulls it back towards itself supposedly staying perfectly level. These warehouses have to be level .if they bolt the racks down to a low or high spot then 30 feet up it will be off in inches
    Also im told it will wreak havoc with the robots

Last edited:

mongoose

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    nm
    This one dosent push anything. It does vibrate. The pumper lays down the concrete the screech pulls it back towards itself supposedly staying perfectly level. These warehouses have to be level .if they bolt the racks down to a low or high spot then 30 feet up it will be off in inches
    Also im told it will wreak havoc with the robots
    We always had to check warehouse floors with a laser level to ensure we had made the spec.

craigntx

Masta Copypasta
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 25, 2010
    Cypress, Tejas
    We always had to check warehouse floors with a laser level to ensure we had made the spec.
    They use a little deal now almost resembles a walker the cripples use that's flip flopped walked hundreds of times across the slab and the results are saved in its computer.
    Something else I don't wanna do

Texasgordo

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Gonzales, Texas
    20231013_150348.jpg

Remember that red light means to stop. Don't be like this idiot truck driver who ran the red light and hit the white car. There's plenty of witnesses so and it wasn't a major accident so I kept on going.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Yes, our light turned green and the white car started rolling then slammed on the brakes at the same time the semi crashed into the front of the car.
    I was thinking that the car hit the truck in the side.
    Obviously the truck was in the wrong, as it should have stopped on the yellow light.

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    For those of you who drive for work, has red light running become an epidemic over the last year or two? Or is it just within a 10-mile radius of my house?

I've seen more red lights run in the last year than I saw in the first 60 years of my life.
    I'd say yes more people are running lights, seams like patience is running thin these days. Plus with more traffic you might not make it on the first green. People are easier to give the horn if you don't leave right away on green.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    People are easier to give the horn if you don't leave right away on green.
    This is something I can understand. I've had to sit through far too many extra light cycles because someone in line in front of me had their head buried in their phone when the light turned and everyone was too polite to honk.

Honking may feel a little rude but some drivers really need some help via a wakeup call.

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    This is something I can understand. I've had to sit through far too many extra light cycles because someone in line in front of me had their head buried in their phone when the light turned and everyone was too polite to honk.

Honking may feel a little rude but some drivers really need some help via a wakeup call.
    I agree I'm guilty also, I've had to drive around someone because they don't know how to drive.

gdr_11

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2014
    For those of you who drive for work, has red light running become an epidemic over the last year or two? Or is it just within a 10-mile radius of my house?

I've seen more red lights run in the last year than I saw in the first 60 years of my life.
    In the Tyler area all of the concrete trucks and dump trucks think a yellow light means to hit the gas if you are within 300 yds of the intersection because they figure no one is going to pull out in front of them. Of course they don't consider that 90% of the folks never look to the right or left as long as their light turns green. The 323 Loop around Tyler is especially bad because the speed limit is 50-55 and everyone drives 60-65. A load of cement or a few yards of clay will give those trucks a bit of extra momentum to make your day turn bad real quick.

rr2241tx

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    San Marcos
    Texas Driver Handbook is online at DPS.TEXAS.GOV or free print copies are available at your local DPS office.

The rules you think you remember from when you got your license might not read the same as you remember. Just saying …

In Texasgordo’s example for example: the driver of the white car may well be at fault for not waiting to enter the intersection WHEN SAFE TO DO SO. Likewise, the truck driver who entered the intersection under a yellow may be justified if it was unsafe to stop. A green traffic signal grants permission, not a mandate to floor it.

San Marcos, being a college town, is a scary place to drive in the Fall when all the new students show up. When Texas decided it was okay for a parent to certify their sixteen year old children to drive we tacitly accepted Mexican driving standards.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas

The incidents of red-light running sadly went hand in had with the de-fund police movement and instalation of a number of leftists DA's and judges who dismiss charges, putting the police who are left into a dilema where they are under staffed, there are "serious" calls needing response and they know the likelihood of a complaint from a stop that the judge wont prosecute is high, so they pick their battles. If I'm not enroute to a call, I'll make the stop, but I'm almost always going somewhere... I have almost no free time to take self-initiated action.

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston

I’m never one to be shy about honking in these cases. A WTF are you thinking stare as I pass them makes me feel a little better too

SARGE67

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2021
    Texas
    People getting honked at can turn violent pretty fast. I've known otherwise friendly folks who lost it once behind the wheel. Not necessarily violent but some began calling other drivers morons, dummies, old fools, etc. Once out of their car they returned to their usual polite self. Dangdest thing I ever saw. I've heard a few stories at the range where they were engaged with someone who was obviously pissed at them and the other guy did the "road rage" thing trying to cut them off.. I once honked at a guy who ran a stop sign, an instinctive thing to do as I slammed on my brakes. He jumped out of his car waving his arms and making obscene gestures so I simply drove around him., He followed me to the cemetery I was headed to but he didn't turn in when I did. I kept thinking "this is it".

Top Bottom