• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I bet, I don’t have many.
    <>

Once out at the “Big Airport” at Midland, on approach from the South, approach told me to “contact tower”. Midland Tower, N2205W, 2 mile final 34L; tower said fly the approach, field is 0/0. Tower, 2205W can see the runway, request contact. 2205W, cannot approve, field is hard IMC. Tower, N220W can see BOTH ENDS of the runway 16R/34L, request contact, straight-in landing. N2205W, procede as requested, contact tower when on ramp.

A West Texas dust storm had stalled b/t the tower and the runway(s). The tower was hard IMC, but most of the field was CAVU. It looked like a brown wall.

Landed Visual-Contact; got this tale to tell.

<>

Txdweeb

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2022
    Temple, Tx
    <>

Once out at the “Big Airport” at Midland, on approach from the South, approach told me to “contact tower”. Midland Tower, N2205W, 2 mile final 34L; tower said fly the approach, field is 0/0. Tower, 2205W can see the runway, request contact. 2205W, cannot approve, field is hard IMC. Tower, N220W can see BOTH ENDS of the runway 16R/34L, request contact, straight-in landing. N2205W, procede as requested, contact tower when on ramp.

A West Texas dust storm had stalled b/t the tower and the runway(s). The tower was hard IMC, but most of the field was CAVU. It looked like a brown wall.

Landed Visual-Contact; got this tale to tell.

<>
    That’s lame they made you call them. It should have been just “landing will be at your own risk Rwy 34L not visible from the tower report MA or landing assured.”

It’s been like that here with fog I can’t see the ground but some crazy crop duster can see it just fine .

craigntx

Masta Copypasta
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 25, 2010
    Cypress, Tejas
    This is a
    sog. Who knows whats missing?
    Screenshot_20230920_061705_Gallery.jpg

popsgarland

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    DFW area
    What is an electric screech?
    It's a very large piece of machinery that is, the one I saw, gas powered and driven over the rebar. The concrete trucks back up to it and dump their concrete into a giant hopper. As the screech is driven forward, it pushes the concrete truck until it's empty.As it moves, it will screech the concrete and the finishers will come behind it with their bull floats and finish trowels. This was for a new runway at the McKinney Texas airport.

Top Bottom