Hurley's Gold

Things are looking bad in the world right now...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • O.S.O.K. 1961

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2018
    SATX Northwest Quadrant
    We aren't in a position to dictate any outcome.
    No one on this planet is in control.

Let it go and get ready.
    Oh I don't suggest that we lose sleep over this. Just be aware so you can prep smart. Do you have potassium iodide? I sure hope we don't need that, but I have some - its very inexpensive.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Oh I don't suggest that we lose sleep over this. Just be aware so you can prep smart. Do you have potassium iodide? I sure hope we don't need that, but I have some - its very inexpensive.
    I don't.
    I have faith.
    Getting ready means different things to different people.

We're ready.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    General Zod, regarding your last post: Well thank you for your opinion - which you know is like assholes... right? And you know well and good that I put up a couple of news links for those - in the other thread. I also said do your own research - which you should always do - I can post links to support my statement but that is not the end all is it?

And today, I see that Russia has declared marshal law in it's newly annexed sections of Ukraine.

Make of that what you will - do your own search if you want more information. If you don't like me posting things, then don't read my posts and please don't reply.

The point is, things are happening that are more dangerous than the usual state of affairs. That's MY opinion and I was just sharing that.

Yeah, so why didn't you post them in this thread? Or link to the other thread where you posted them after you were called on it. You're just this side of creating conspiracy theories.

As to martial law in the Russian-annexed areas of Ukraine...well yeah. The Russian army is crumbling and their control of those areas is slipping away. They're evacuating their puppets from the local governments. This is when civilian uprisings tend to happen. Russia wants to prevent that.

Now, you need to stop playing the victim. I'm fine with you posting things, but you need to be honest about it. "This stuff is happening and it's scary!" needs sources linked when you post it. And your sources simply don't back your assertions.

This is what I was talking about - and also why I ask that interested parties do their own look around. Sometimes my memory scrambles the message some.... here's a link (happy General Zud?) for what's happening: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...at-china-chip-firms-thwarts-xi-s-key-ambition

Again - my point is that people need to pay attention to what's going down because in spite of what some have said, it is NOT business as usual. And given our idiot/criminal current federal leadership... don't you think we should be a little concerned?

Zod. Z-O-D. It's not hard to spell, and the U is nowhere near the O on the keyboard. Also, like just about every other message board, TGT has a "quote" function. It's not hard to use, and it notifies someone that you're responding directly to their message. It's only polite. And I see you've used it on everyone you wish to reply to...except me. Interesting.

And again, my point is...you're taking the bare bones of the articles and spinning fears from them. You can expect someone (maybe me, maybe not) to ask you for your sources when you do. Folks on this board tend to have a lot of different opinions, but most of us want those opinions backed by fact. And usually those facts should not be hidden behind a paywall like that link you posted above.

O.S.O.K. 1961

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2018
    SATX Northwest Quadrant
    I don't.
    I have faith.
    Getting ready means different things to different people.

We're ready.
    Oh nothing wrong with that. Some folks choose to focus on their faith.

I choose to believe that the good Lord helps those who help themselves. He gave me the ability to do it and so, I do. And with me, it's more for my kids than me because I know they aren't preparing at all.

Now having said that, I will say that there have been multiple times in my life when I am sure that there was intervention to keep me from harm.

I must admit... I enjoy prepping.

O.S.O.K. 1961

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2018
    SATX Northwest Quadrant
    Yeah, so why didn't you post them in this thread? Or link to the other thread where you posted them after you were called on it. You're just this side of creating conspiracy theories.

As to martial law in the Russian-annexed areas of Ukraine...well yeah. The Russian army is crumbling and their control of those areas is slipping away. They're evacuating their puppets from the local governments. This is when civilian uprisings tend to happen. Russia wants to prevent that.

Now, you need to stop playing the victim. I'm fine with you posting things, but you need to be honest about it. "This stuff is happening and it's scary!" needs sources linked when you post it. And your sources simply don't back your assertions.

Zod. Z-O-D. It's not hard to spell, and the U is nowhere near the O on the keyboard. Also, like just about every other message board, TGT has a "quote" function. It's not hard to use, and it notifies someone that you're responding directly to their message. It's only polite. And I see you've used it on everyone you wish to reply to...except me. Interesting.

And again, my point is...you're taking the bare bones of the articles and spinning fears from them. You can expect someone (maybe me, maybe not) to ask you for your sources when you do. Folks on this board tend to have a lot of different opinions, but most of us want those opinions backed by fact. And usually those facts should not be hidden behind a paywall like that link you posted above.

Paranoid.

I was trying to use the damned quote function but it was giving me a hard time so I just gave up...

My real point with you is that you seem overly worried about being the forum expert - telling people how they should post and trying to dictate what you think is proper. I really don't care what you think is proper. If you want to comment and be respectful then that's fine. Keep your insults to yourself. I'm not impressed.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Paranoid.

I was trying to use the damned quote function but it was giving me a hard time so I just gave up...

My real point with you is that you seem overly worried about being the forum expert - telling people how they should post and trying to dictate what you think is proper. I really don't care what you think is proper. If you want to comment and be respectful then that's fine. Keep your insults to yourself. I'm not impressed.

I'm neither dictating how you post nor insulting you (you know, like intentionally misspelling your username, or "having a hard time" with the quote function for only one user). But I'm still going to call you out when you make assertions without posting your sources. And if not me, then a dozen or so other guys. If that pisses you off to this extent, then you may not last long here. Good luck to you.

O.S.O.K. 1961

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2018
    SATX Northwest Quadrant
    I'm neither dictating how you post nor insulting you (you know, like intentionally misspelling your username, or "having a hard time" with the quote function for only one user). But I'm still going to call you out when you make assertions without posting your sources. And if not me, then a dozen or so other guys. If that pisses you off to this extent, then you may not last long here. Good luck to you.
    Pisses me off? No not at all. And thank you.

Wudidiz

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 8, 2022
    Tomball
    Do you have any source for this? lol lol Sorry, I couldn't help it.
    Two guys in white shirts rang my doorbell. They said that the world was coming to an end but that I could be saved if I signed up for the salvation spaceship ride to Valhalla. I had to give them $43.00 for the ticket and that I would get $4.00 refunded when I boarded. I was instructed that the ship would land in my back yard some night so I must keep checking. I think I may be having second thoughts. They said that I could take my girlfriend, Candy Canesucker, but that there wouldn’t be room for her air pump. Not sure I’m diggin it.

TipBledsoe

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 28, 2020
    LaVernia TX
    This is what I was talking about - and also why I ask that interested parties do their own look around. Sometimes my memory scrambles the message some.... here's a link (happy General Zud?) for what's happening: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...at-china-chip-firms-thwarts-xi-s-key-ambition

Again - my point is that people need to pay attention to what's going down because in spite of what some have said, it is NOT business as usual. And given our idiot/criminal current federal leadership... don't you think we should be a little concerned?

Is Bloomberg not fake news?

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well yes we are all going to die. lol I am saying that things are getting dicey - and suggesting that people pay attention and if you aren't already doing some preparing, then start. More reasons now than ever IMHO.
    My woman and the kids and the dogs and me
    I got a shotgun and a rifle and a four wheel drive

Top Bottom