Lynx Defense

The personal attacks in Politics need to stop.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    The title says all that needs saying. Play nice or spend time in the penalty box. Capiche?

ETA: I've been in a really bad mood the past couple of weeks because I'm working out. It gives me serious anger issues. Just something to consider before you test me.
    Gun Zone Deals

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    Makes sense to me. Grown men should be able to remain civil.

I've launched an occasional grenade into the political discussion but I try not to make it a name calling fest (even when I want to).

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Could ya clean up the 'Rick Perry Deploys Rangers to Protect Texas!' thread? It wasn't meant to start a political debate, just to show that someone in Texas was taking the issue of border security seriously; but someone had to start bashing Perry on doing something that most Texans support and it turned into a bash session which was not the intent...

By the way, I've been running every day for the past two months; and it's really made me irritable as well! I hate doing it, but the results make it worth it!

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas
    Got it, no more attacks. And yes I agree with the Perry deploy's the Rangers Topic, I find it very appealing that Perry would do such a thing because you know that Bill White wont.

How bout that, I've been working out again for the last month because my back aint been killing me. Doesnt put me in a bad mood thow, I'll only get in a bad mood when Im broke down with a sore back. Im not runnig thow, I quit running when I decided it was too dangerous with all these stupid people around. My feet dont like the impact either. They been haulin my big butt around for too many years. I would like a stair climber and a rowing machine thow. Im sure i'll find something on craigs list pretty soon.

Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    You get MORE angry from working out? Most people work out their aggression by working out! Maybe you need a new avenue for stress relief such as hookers and blow?

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    I like the fact that we have various opinions (Hi CW) and I hope we can throttle back the folks who get overzealous at times. I believe they are all good guys... just get a little worked up!

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    lolup..jpg

texas skeeter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Somewhere here nor there....
    I hope we can throttle back the folks who get overzealous at times.
    Who me?? as you can not get me to throttle back on my passion for politics, you WILL see me stop TEASING/giving lil pet names to other members here!! cause god knows ive done it a time or two!!. that being said, just out of curiousity was a complaint made about it?? cause if so, they should stay out of the BIG BOY FORUMS!!

oldguy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    This is a super good board but agree it needs to be civil would be sad to see it turn into a TV like reality show in order to eliminate dissenting opinion so agree with the moderator on this one "play nice".

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    You get MORE angry from working out? Most people work out their aggression by working out! Maybe you need a new avenue for stress relief such as hookers and blow?

I'm working out with a specific goal in mind, or else I wouldn't bother. All I've gotta say is: National Guard, Camp Bullis, C/5/19th. Look it up. ;)

But yes, working out makes me angry like nothing else I've ever experienced. I don't enjoy it to begin with, but for some reason it puts me in the blackest mood possible. I catch myself wanting to pull someone out of their car for not trying hard enough to make a green light... Maybe it's because I have no idea what I'm doing, so my diet has sucked. Nowhere near enough protein so far, so I've actually wound up going backwards from my starting point!!!

+1 on the hookers, -1 on the blow. I do need to go get laid I think.

just out of curiousity was a complaint made about it??

No, there wasn't a complaint. It was something I noticed and popped up as an issue in my eyes, so I took action on my own.

Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    You want to take in about a number of grams of protein equal to your own body weight, M. Sage. You do get a lot of protein throughout the day from healthy eating habits but if you're serious about lifting you'll probably want to have a couple of protein supplemental shakes per day as well. Improper nutrition can definitely lead to foul moods following a workout.

Edit: Just to clarify, I mean 1g of protein per 1lb of body weight. Don't go trying to eat like 180lbs of protein!

Vance

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    San Leon Texas
    Edit: Just to clarify, I mean 1g of protein per 1lb of body weight. Don't go trying to eat like 180lbs of protein!

That would make the evening news!

Man literally explodes while sitting traffic. Protein overdose suspected. Idiot drivers a possible factor as well.

texas skeeter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Somewhere here nor there....
    But yes, working out makes me angry like nothing else I've ever experienced.
    could you post a workout schedule so we know when not to post shortly after you've finished working out??
    No, there wasn't a complaint. It was something I noticed and popped up as an issue in my eyes, so I took action on my own.
    and no worries Boss!! you wont get any trouble from me....

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I'm working out with a specific goal in mind, or else I wouldn't bother. All I've gotta say is: National Guard, Camp Bullis, C/5/19th. Look it up. ;)

You applying? I see the recruiting sign out in front of their building all the time when I go shooting out there. I love Bullis, I wish my organization would move out there...

Also, my son and I just watched Two Weeks in Hell again the other day; I've seen it before, but it still impresses the hell out of me!

Anyway, best of luck to ya!

Cheers! M2

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    You applying? I see the recruiting sign out in front of their building all the time when I go shooting out there. I love Bullis, I wish my organization would move out there...

Also, my son and I just watched Two Weeks in Hell again the other day; I've seen it before, but it still impresses the hell out of me!

Anyway, best of luck to ya!

Cheers! M2

I haven't yet. I want to do the smart thing and be in shape first. ;) I have a long way to go, and unfortunately it looks like I'm going to have something done to my left knee. Any time I try anything strenuous with it like a timed walk or a run, it hurts like a mofo the next day. It's either a knee cap problem, or a torn meniscus... Recovery time is apparently 6-9 months from arthroscopy, so I'm looking at about a year. Crap.

Top Bottom