• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Ahelluvalot/per mile. Do-able, they just dont want to pay for it.
    Back in '05 an underground feeder was costing just over $6.00 a foot, installed. I'm sure that's probably about doubled by now.
    Fault lines and buried lines don't = reliable.
    It does = more difficult and expensive repairs

Besides, the trenching and backfilling might disturb them squealing salamanders. We can't have that.

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    Back in '05 an underground feeder was costing just over $6.00 a foot, installed. I'm sure that's probably about doubled by now.

Besides, the trenching and backfilling might disturb them squealing salamanders. We can't have that.

Vs nearly being sued into bankruptcy? At some point you would think that some of that cost might be necessary. But CA isn’t known for thinking rationally.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge

Red legged frogs were the flavor of crazy when I was out there last year

dapakattack

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2013
    DFW Area
    I see this as a way for the State of California to take over any and all power production for their state. That way they can implement any new "renewable" source they deem Earth friendly. The cost be damned....we need to save those slugs and frogs!

Mohawk600

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Austin
    Had the same conversation with a dem friend who lives in Austin and was bitching about the homeless, their crap, needles, and trash left in his yard which backs up on Shoal Creek.

You voted for it, live with it ...
    Austin sucks.....I know....I live there.

Homeless guy threw an electric scooter through a car window downtown a day ago....because he got into a scuffle with the driver. Homeless guy was blocking traffic. They have been enboldened by policies here.

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    Fuel pumps run on electricity. It eventually ends.
    Don't **** with linemen.
    I know the kind of people we're talking about here... but I don't get how someone would f with linemen. I know they're usually not the same people, but someone from centerpoint electric comes out to my house, they get a guided tour to the meter and whatever they ask for. If someone is bringing the juice that just about runs your life, you keep them happy.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I know the kind of people we're talking about here... but I don't get how someone would f with linemen. I know they're usually not the same people, but someone from centerpoint electric comes out to my house, they get a guided tour to the meter and whatever they ask for. If someone is bringing the juice that just about runs your life, you keep them happy.

Yep.
    I was bringing them cold bottled water when they showed up after the hurricane....

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Golden-cheeked Warblers, salamanders, and cave crickets in Austin.
    Yep. I was the Ranger for the COA’s Balcones Canyonland Preserve for almost 10 years before I went into safety.
    You forgot the Black Capped Vireo( although it has now been delisted from the ESL so the conservation efforts seemed to have worked)

Mohawk600

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Austin
    You forgot the Black Capped Vireo( although it has now been delisted from the ESL so the conservation efforts seemed to have worked)

Yep....forgot that one. I am definitely not opposed to conservation. But growth (roads and infrastructure) in Austin is stymied by the whackadoos

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    What is accomplished by shutting off the power?

They aren't going to get sued for the fires that already started due to the high fire danger, not to mention the ones that might or might not have started due to the power lines, or tree branches falling into power lines, etc.

Companies that want to stay in business can only be pushed so far before they start to push back. Their goal I'm assuming is to shut off power any time there might be a fire danger until the state passes a law exempting them from fire damage lawsuits.

Time to grab the popcorn and watch it all play out.

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    A few years ago, conservationists started trying to stop new Oilfield locations in West Texas and actually succeeded in some. All to save the highly endangered lesser prairie chicken, which is so endangered they actually have a hunting season for it in Kansas. It still took a few months to get all those injunctions overturned.

lightflyer1

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 2, 2015
    The greenbelt behind my house will never be developed due to the Bone Cave harvestman spider. A tiny orange spider that lives in the limestone caves that are found in this area (Williamson and Travis counties). It is on the federal endangered species list. It ties up a lot of projects here.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    It just really sucks that in general most of the people affected aren't the tree hugging hippies in the big city areas.

This is affecting the folks that are generally more conservative and live away from the cities. Those people more than likely didn't vote in the direction these policies are coming from.

Top Bottom