• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    If you sue an evil private or publicly into bankruptcy, it is probably wise to make sure you won't miss said "evil" if it goes away.

The conditions are right for more wildfires in Kalifornia, so PG&E, which got sued into bankruptcy from the last big fires, decided to shut off the power to the transmission lines in the affected areas during the day or two or three of bad winds. Once they started hitting the switches, they let it be known that due to regulations and such, it would take at least 5 days after the shutdown was over to get power back up. They had to inspect the lines before they could re-energize them.

So now there are a couple of million people who won't have power for a week and a half or longer just so PG&E doesn't get sued again.

This will be interesting to watch. Gas stations shut down, Tesla owners screwed and probably can't make a run for it, grocery stores down, hospitals at bare bones, emergency services at bare bones, at some point cell phone tower generators will run out of fuel, but cell phone batteries will probably be dead by then anyway. At least the temperatures are mild for the most part I think.
    Capitol Armory ad

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    I hadn't heard they were shooting at the line crews. I thought they wanted to ban guns?

I know the big population centers are the ones who control the leftist agenda, not the folks getting punished here for the most part. But this does bring up the possibility that next election cycle Kalifornia gets more serious about splitting up, and doing so in a way to avoid the leftists from screwing the rest of the folks over again.

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    Discussed this earlier with a friend that has friends effected by this. As a smart azz, I asked how they normally vote? Response was, "Well duhh, Democrat." I told them to tell the friends, "You voted for it, deal with it. And tell them to stay the F*** out of Texas." Phone call ended rather abruptly.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    I'm thinking burn a tree to boil water to create steam to make electricity to charge their Tesla and nobody else has electricity so they might as well stay home and hug the tree.

I don't think your average Tesla owner has a burning tree to Tesla charger adapter. Not to mention burning trees in Kalifornia probably doesn't meet air emission regulations.

But after 5 or 6 days, if a Tesla owner were to run out of food and water, then at some point they're going to have to venture out. The neighbors who are still stocked are likely worrying about their supplies, so no sharing. Power is out for who knows how many miles. Can your Tesla make it far enough to safety? Can your gas car if you didn't fill up before this happened?

All those prepper types are going to look like geniuses in a week or two.

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    They’re shuttering the Diablo Canyon Nike plant soon as well. And they aren’t adding any capacity beyond windmills and solar farms.

So it’s only gonna get worse.

Eff that state.
    But, the children!
    maxresdefault.jpg

Attachments

• maxresdefault.jpg
      maxresdefault.jpg
      54.6 KB · Views: 656

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    So it’s only gonna get worse.

Eff that state.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I think you're going to have to take a number. They're doing it to themselves pretty good right now. You'll have to wait your turn.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    The utility spent a lot of money on expensive wind power, starting some years ago. This left it short of funds for maintenance. Their substations and transmission lines are incredibly old.

The Cali's did it to themselves.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Dumb fucks are shooting at line crews now.
    They'll be in the dark for a long time before a truck will roll out the gates now.

Hug your tree.
    You just dont phuck with certain people, like your cook or your wife that can shoot. Well those are the same person for many of us but you get the point.

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    I thought they wanted to ban guns?

They do...for the law abiding. Criminals and bangers are still well armed.

They’re shuttering the Diablo Canyon Nike plant soon as well. And they aren’t adding any capacity beyond windmills and solar farms.

I was absolutely flabbergasted when I heard this news a while back. That's going to really hit the SLO area economy too. Really big shame.

Top Bottom