• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fishkiller

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 22, 2019
    Frederickburg
    I doubt many of the TEsla drivers had the sense to charge up their cars. The ironic thing is all the hospitals go to generators, driven by diesel engines. Doubt too many of these exist either

upload_2019-10-11_7-7-21.png

Attachments

• upload_2019-10-11_7-7-21.png
      upload_2019-10-11_7-7-21.png
      130.4 KB · Views: 381

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Tesla guarantees the ability to charge within certain distances so I’ll bet they have trucks moving with generators.

I watched them roll in to CSB in Corsicana after a dig-in took out the transformer that powers the charging stations there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Discussed this earlier with a friend that has friends effected by this. As a smart azz, I asked how they normally vote? Response was, "Well duhh, Democrat." I told them to tell the friends, "You voted for it, deal with it. And tell them to stay the F*** out of Texas." Phone call ended rather abruptly.
    Had the same conversation with a dem friend who lives in Austin and was bitching about the homeless, their crap, needles, and trash left in his yard which backs up on Shoal Creek.

You voted for it, live with it ...

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    What is accomplished by shutting off the power?
    The seasonal high winds make the wires contact each other. This sparks and the fires burn homes and shit. They just kill out the lines so they won't start a fire and get sued, again.

I could rant for pages.

dapakattack

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2013
    DFW Area
    "You need to provide us with electricity, but we are going to make it cost prohibitive for you to maintain your lines because we have to protect the Spotted Shrieking Salamander Slug. By the way, we are going to sue you into bankruptcy for not maintaining your lines that we find responsible for these wild-fires (* which happen to kill that Spotted Shrieking Salamander Slug in higher numbers than your maintenance would have *edited to make note that this logic never crosses a Leftist's mind).

Last edited:

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    "You need to provide us with electricity, but we are going to make it cost prohibitive for you to maintain your lines because we have to protect the Spotted Shrieking Salamander Slug. By the way, we are going to sue you into bankruptcy for not maintaining your lines that we find responsible for these wild-fires (which happen to kill that Spotted Shrieking Salamander Slug in higher numbers than your maintenance would have).

that’s it in a nutshell

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    Tesla sent out an in car message to owners to remind them to charge to 100%. Tesla also has the ability store power for some of their charging stations for situations like this.

Anyone know what kind of money it would cost to bury some of these lines in high wind areas? Seems like it might be cheaper than the losses they have had last couple of years after the fires.

Top Bottom