• ...and so much more!
  • Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    I wouldn't open carry even if I could.

There are so many reasons (already stated on most gun forums).

To each their own

But would vote to legally allow Open Carry so that each could actually choose their own? I think that's the key question.

Telling us how you personally would or would not exercise a right doesn't really tell us much that we care about.

XinTX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    South of Houston
    I don't know if I would open carry or not, but it would be good to be able to have the choice should I so decide.

Same here. Though I would like to see the OC bill be disconnected from the CC section. That way if a business wants to keep 2A folks out, they'd have to post TWO notices. And if the antis want to modify a bill, they'd have multiple targets to have to work. Don't open the CC laws and let the antis have a chance to sneak a poison pill in there. Make them fight twice for anything they want. We have to fight twice (first for CC, now for OC). They should have to do the same.

r75usmc

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Aubrey
    Problem is that many people who don't personally want to Open Carry (for whatever reason) don't think anyone else should either. Typical statist, neo-liberal mentality.

Yep! My uncle used to open carry because he had $25k worth of equipment on his welding truck and had been robbed several times. Not sure if he still does it but I know he said that since he had started to open carry, he had no further burglaries or robberies of his gear.

eriadoc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Problem is that many people who don't personally want to Open Carry (for whatever reason) don't think anyone else should either. Typical statist, neo-liberal mentality.

Personally, I love it when the statists use Mark Levin to prop up their arguments.

10th Amendment

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    San Antonio
    Open Carry is a very important topic in my opinion. Here is an excellent website that supports open carry. OpenCarry.org |
    I am an advacote for OC. I have a CHL and anyone who tries to carry as often as possible can attest it is a pain in the ass. First you have to be aware of your clothing and if your weapon forms to it and is it visible. Texas law says it can not be visible! Conceal carry forces me to carry a smaller caliber weapon than I would prefer in a gunfight. I CC a Bersa in .380. If I could OC I would carry my Glock 21SF in .45 ACP. With OC I do not have to worry as much about what I am wearing. OC in the summer would be a lot easier for me. I am also not afraid of being an easy target for a criminal. Most criminals are not wanting to commit murder or involve themselves in a confrontation with an armed citizen or police. Instead they see a gun and it gives them pause and most of the time move on to another opportunity. Oklahoma recent passed OC and if you have a TX CHL you can OC in their state.

FrEaK_aCcIdEnT

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    Cibolo, TX
    Open Carry is a very important topic in my opinion. Here is an excellent website that supports open carry. OpenCarry.org |
    I am an advacote for OC. I have a CHL and anyone who tries to carry as often as possible can attest it is a pain in the ass. First you have to be aware of your clothing and if your weapon forms to it and is it visible. Texas law says it can not be visible! Conceal carry forces me to carry a smaller caliber weapon than I would prefer in a gunfight. I CC a Bersa in .380. If I could OC I would carry my Glock 21SF in .45 ACP. With OC I do not have to worry as much about what I am wearing. OC in the summer would be a lot easier for me. I am also not afraid of being an easy target for a criminal. Most criminals are not wanting to commit murder or involve themselves in a confrontation with an armed citizen or police. Instead they see a gun and it gives them pause and most of the time move on to another opportunity. Oklahoma recent passed OC and if you have a TX CHL you can OC in their state.

Just my .02. Texas law says to the casual observer doesn't it? I can carry a full sized Springfield XD45 Compact (4" service barrel with a slightly shorter grip). I'm 140lbs. Maximum! I'm 5'7". I can very easily conceal it without printing or showing. I am all for open carry, don't get me wrong. But I differ on the opinion that concealed carry is pain in the rectum. I would rather have concealed carry be extended to anywhere and everywhere. No restrictions on where I can go with it. Sporting events, school grounds, bars, etc. I am a responsible adult. If I go to a bar to get hammered, the gun would stay at home. But if I'm the DD, then I want to have that right regardless of a 51% sign. I would look at going to college and getting a mechanical or electrical engineering degree if I could carry in class.

Ok, I'm rambling.... I've been at work for more than 12 hours and I'm tired and ready to go home.

Long story short. Open carry good. Concealed carry not a pain in the rectum.

Koinonia

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    San Antonio
    Also something to be said about Concealed Carry being Comforting, not comfortable. But some people find how to get away with both comfortable, and comforting at the same time. I however, can't, still. Until I am 21, I don't have a choice, unless im on own property or on property with permission from property owner.

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    Just my .02. Texas law says to the casual observer doesn't it? I can carry a full sized Springfield XD45 Compact (4" service barrel with a slightly shorter grip). I'm 140lbs. Maximum! I'm 5'7". I can very easily conceal it without printing or showing. I am all for open carry, don't get me wrong. But I differ on the opinion that concealed carry is pain in the rectum. I would rather have concealed carry be extended to anywhere and everywhere. No restrictions on where I can go with it. Sporting events, school grounds, bars, etc. I am a responsible adult. If I go to a bar to get hammered, the gun would stay at home. But if I'm the DD, then I want to have that right regardless of a 51% sign. I would look at going to college and getting a mechanical or electrical engineering degree if I could carry in class.

Ok, I'm rambling.... I've been at work for more than 12 hours and I'm tired and ready to go home.

Solid on at least one point. We need to eliminate the prohibition of carry in 51% locations. It's already illegal to carry while intoxicated, which is FAR more important.

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012

When conceal carrying in the nude, it IS a pain in the rectum.

Seriously though. My first time "carrying", was in AZ and I open carried. I personally loved it. It WAS kinda like touching the pool water with your toes but once I jumped in, I felt just fine. I think if I had an option, I'd OC.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    Solid on at least one point. We need to eliminate the prohibition of carry in 51% locations. It's already illegal to carry while intoxicated, which is FAR more important.

Yes, it is a really stupid law which wasn't thought through well at all. Of course in the minds of the short-sighted it is a terrible idea since they believe everyone in a bar must be drunk; ignoring such factors as designated drivers, customers who only came to watch a band, the guy who just stopped in to use the phone, etc...

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I don't drink at all anymore but I still go to the same old bar cause they got a great chicken fried steak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom