• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texastransplant

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2010
    Purmela, Texas
    As it gets closer to the 2013 session then I think along with you guys that yep, we need to do this. Sid Miller won't be there but the person that replaces him in the posititon of Homeland Secuity and Public Safety will be and work from there.
    Capitol Armory ad

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Agreed. CHL continuation would allow for us to maintain reciprocity with the other states, as well as continuing to make it simpler for CHL holders to purchase firearms.

oldman45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2012
    Shreveport LA
    Ok, my words for what they may be worth.

I have lived in three open carry states. People carried openly, nobody got shot for doing so but a lot of people changed their minds about robbing places. One of the people I interviewed after he was arrested told me he was going to rob a Dollar General but saw a man walk in wearing a gun and he chose a filling station instead.

If I might suggest, before forming an opinion about OC or CC, please read the following article. It is long but there is a lot of wisdom in it.

The Open Carry Argument

TXDave

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Magnolia
    I would be all for this. I travel all around Texas a lot and can be in Austin anytime!

I would also attend. We need to show our representatives that re-affirmation of our basic constitutional rights would be the correct course of action in these times we are living in.

-Dave

Texastransplant

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2010
    Purmela, Texas
    Thought I would put this up to for all to see how many states have open carry. Since this was made Oklahoma has passed it. So I ask what is the fuss? I mean there should be no question of "if" we should have it but we should have it. Matters not if you want to conceal carry thats fine, we just need our rights...period.

Attachments

• Open-Carry-Map.jpg
      Open-Carry-Map.jpg
      77.3 KB · Views: 134

TundraWookiee

Scruffy Nerf Herder
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Cedar Park
    Thought I would put this up to for all to see how many states have open carry. Since this was made Oklahoma has passed it. So I ask what is the fuss? I mean there should be no question of "if" we should have it but we should have it. Matters not if you want to conceal carry thats fine, we just need our rights...period.

It's funny how people always talk about how gun-friendly Texas is when really we're far from the level of a number of states

Brought to you courtesy of Tapatalk

TheRealT-Dawg

Devil Dog 4Life
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2012
    MO City, TX
    I support OC as well, my preference is in CC, but that don't mean it should be illegal... this would be one step closer to freedom when it comes to our firearms rights

Texastransplant

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2010
    Purmela, Texas
    One freedom gained is one more freedom the anti's would have to fight to strip away. So it can be nothing more then a gain. You will NOT be seeing hundreds of folks doing it. Most of the time I would conceal, but I do carry most of the time at my home. It gets hot here as you know and running to town for a bit would be nice to just leave it on the hip. Where is the panic in the other states that have it? Where are the cases of someone overpowering and stealing the gun? Do you think a criminal would attempt to attack a women carrying? I don't think so... would criminals carry, no way they want the element of supprise and open carrying is NOT what they do. We need to get this country back on track the way the founders envisioned. I can't think of a reason to be againist it, especially if a person is pro gun. It's just more brick and mortar to the 2nd amendment. Makes it harder to strip away our rights.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    I disagree. I'm not talking about the economy or anything else, just gun laws.

Yes, they are both much worse. Do the research and you'll see. Remember that "gun laws" include what happens after you use the gun.

For example: in Arizona you can't carry anywhere on school property, you must obey "no gun" signs, and you don't get civil immunity for a justified shooting.

XinTX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    South of Houston

Didn't CA recently vote to eliminate OC? Thought they did so after some folks held a protest in Sacto, and some of the bedwetters were scared by all those scary guns. So they eliminated OC. Also, when you could OC in CA, your firearm had to be unloaded IIRC.

I'm not one that would ever OC, but I'd love to see a good OC bill. Hopefully it would be completely separate from CC laws. That way, if the antis want to peel them away, they'd have to do so multiple times. It would force them to fight the same battle twice. I think there was an OC bill proposed a while back that would simply have amended the CC laws. I'd rather see a stand alone section that paralleled the CC laws. If you re-open the CC laws, it gives the antis opportunities to sneak in amendments via arcane parliamentary procedures. Also, any business that wants to be a 'gun free zone' would need to post two separate notices, one for OC, one for CC. I like making it more difficult for them.

TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    Didn't CA recently vote to eliminate OC? Thought they did so after some folks held a protest in Sacto, and some of the bedwetters were scared by all those scary guns. So they eliminated OC. Also, when you could OC in CA, your firearm had to be unloaded IIRC.

I'm not one that would ever OC, but I'd love to see a good OC bill. Hopefully it would be completely separate from CC laws. That way, if the antis want to peel them away, they'd have to do so multiple times. It would force them to fight the same battle twice. I think there was an OC bill proposed a while back that would simply have amended the CC laws. I'd rather see a stand alone section that paralleled the CC laws. If you re-open the CC laws, it gives the antis opportunities to sneak in amendments via arcane parliamentary procedures. Also, any business that wants to be a 'gun free zone' would need to post two separate notices, one for OC, one for CC. I like making it more difficult for them.

Yes, happened while I was still out there. As of January 2012 OC is no longer legal in CA and I can't remember if it's on that same bill or a seperate one but starting January 2013 or 2014 (can't remember) long gun registration begins. You already have to register handguns in your name but now you will be required to register shotguns and rifles, they can't get any NFA items there either unless they are a dealer, PD, or Military organization and not an individual.

Top Bottom