• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    Texas House and Senate only get together every other year. Next legislative session is 2013. Time is good now to push it again as the re-election campaign is happening.

History 2012

2012 there was Texas Legislature Online - 82(R) History for HB 2756

It was sent to the Public Safety Comity and scheduled for public hearing on the same day the hearing was held escaping notice of most of the anti movement due to the college campus hearings and legislation and speed the law was moving. There was no opposing testimony at the hearing.

HB 2756 For: Allen, Edward (Self)Collar, Jason (Self) Hepp, Tory (Self) McCrary, Shane (Lone Star Citizens Defense League) Sherwood, James (Self) Willie, Vernon (Self)

http://www.lonestarcdl.org did some organising on this forum.

Video Here :http://www.house.state.tx.us/fx/av/committee82/11042111420.ram

It got out of the Homeland Security and Public Safety Comity (Ayes=5 Nays=3 Present Not Voting=1 Absent=0) after that very positive public hearing but never made calendars for a vote on the House floor nor did it have supporting legislation in the Senate.

Rep. Lavender, George District 1 authored the bill.
    Texas House of Representatives : Representative*White, James

Rep. White, James District 12 co-authored the bill
    Texas House of Representatives : Representative*White, James

I'd say there is, amongst gun owners and members of the forum, a very vocal and large anti open carry sentiment felt and nay sayers.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    I think we really need to get TSRA to get moving on this....but good luck. I'll contact them again - may even run up to Austin to discuss it w/them - as a Life member, they should at least listen to me.....

bagged02

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Granbury, TX "South Ft.Worth"
    open carry would be horrible. If someone is planning on doing something illegal such as a robbery or something of the such, you have a target on your chest as you are a threat to them before anything even happens. Reason why they no longer have security officers in banks.

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    open carry would be horrible. If someone is planning on doing something illegal such as a robbery or something of the such, you have a target on your chest as you are a threat to them before anything even happens. Reason why they no longer have security officers in banks.

You may want to hear the story of Radioman93 on here. Instead of guessing what a crook would do if he was going to rob a business and sees someone open carrying, he can tell you first hand how his mere presence caused an armed robber to abort his attempt.

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    I think we really need to get TSRA to get moving on this....but good luck. I'll contact them again - may even run up to Austin to discuss it w/them - as a Life member, they should at least listen to me.....
    If they'd support open carry and push for better laws in TX regarding machine guns, silencers and knives I'd join. Problem is they have Cotton in their ears.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    You have no idea what you're talking about.

If they'd support open carry and push for better laws in TX regarding machine guns, silencers and knives I'd join. Problem is they have Cotton in their ears.
    Ha

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    Problem is that many people who don't personally want to Open Carry (for whatever reason) don't think anyone else should either. Typical statist, neo-liberal mentality.

bagged02

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Granbury, TX "South Ft.Worth"
    This was brought up in here when I first joined and there were so many people apposed and had so many reasons why it's bad. Speaking of liberal, I voiced a opinion and people's panties got all wet. This site is the reason I am against it. They had so many reasons why it was not a good idea. E.g. The bank/security officers scenario. I use to be all for it. Instead of saying I don't know why I'm talking about explain my scenario to me then. Why were armed security officers taken out of banks. We're all grown here I believe so be civil when responding. People wonder why there is haste for others and it's normally because of all the immature attacks because of Someones opinion on a subject

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    Frankly, scenarios don't matter when discussing law. If someone doesn't want to do ____________ then don't. But outlawing whatever it is for everyone else is "statist." And that goes for both of the major parties (including "conservatives" and "gun owners")

Freedom requires tolerance.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    You gave no evidence to support your claims of armed bank guards being targets. Why would a criminal rob someone who they know has a gun when they could rob someone who may and probably does not have a gun.

The last discussion I can recall having to do with this subject was asking if you would open carry, not if it should be legal.

It seems you do not want it to be legal because you yourself would not open carry. Sounds a lot like those who prefer not to have firearms being against anyone owning firearms.

Give something to support your statement and it would not get flamed so quickly. To me it sounds like you've watched to many die hard movies.

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    thats why they give armed guards revolvers duh, people like cowboys. so when you see em open carrying a revolver you think ohhhhh cowboy and not omfg hes got a gun. they make em wear spurs too, so that criminals can hear them as they walk, because if they didnt they would get sued for not announcing their presence.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Thaskinny1
    Top Bottom