• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    This was in response to his silly assertion that licensed OC will result in cops stopping every person they see carrying and asking for a license.

I couldn't find the sarcasm font.

Ah. Thanks. I thought I had you figured better than that. Lol

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    How is that silly? How are you sure they won't?
    I already made the analogy. Do they stop every car on the road to check for a drivers license? No, because that would be absurd. How can you be sure they will? How can one be sure the rapture doesn't happen tomorrow? How can one be sure Putin won't start world war 3 tomorrow?
    I tend not to worry about things I have precisely zero control over. If this passes and I carry, and get stopped every single day for doing so, I will join forces with the others that get treated that way and seek my remedy in court.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I already made the analogy. Do they stop every car on the road to check for a drivers license? No, because that would be absurd. How can you be sure they will? How can one be sure the rapture doesn't happen tomorrow? How can one be sure Putin won't start world war 3 tomorrow?
    I tend not to worry about things I have precisely zero control over. If this passes and I carry, and get stopped every single day for doing so, I will join forces with the others that get treated that way and seek my remedy in court.

Yup.

Of course, if LE were to take that route it would probably give CC the best chance it has ever had of passing in the next session due to all the trouble licensed OC is causing.

It would be the perfect pedestal for Constitutional carry supporters to stand on.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    A step forward is better than none at all, or a step back.
    I'll keep pushing.

itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    Driving is a poor analogy. There are millions of cars on the road. A cop may encounter a couple of ocers a week. Are they going to ask for your papers of your carrying in your vehicle?

its unfortunate Texas republicans suck. Hell even democrats are more pro freedom than republicans here in Texas. The dems are pro marijuana legalization and pro gay marriage. Republicans are not even going to vote on the bills we were promised while there were campaigning. Licensed open carry is a slap in the face. I know ow Elmer fudds like it. In their pea brains they think a license will stop A criminal. I'm done with the Republican Party. They can shove it strait up their ass.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    You've said that several times.

This thread is about pushing for less restrictions in this session, not how much you hate republicans.

As I said before, if your fears prove correct it will give an even better chance of removing the license requirement in the next session.

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    Driving is a poor analogy. There are millions of cars on the road. A cop may encounter a couple of ocers a week. Are they going to ask for your papers of your carrying in your vehicle?

its unfortunate Texas republicans suck. Hell even democrats are more pro freedom than republicans here in Texas. The dems are pro marijuana legalization and pro gay marriage. Republicans are not even going to vote on the bills we were promised while there were campaigning. Licensed open carry is a slap in the face. I know ow Elmer fudds like it. In their pea brains they think a license will stop A criminal. I'm done with the Republican Party. They can shove it strait up their ass.
    Ok fine. Plumbers, HVAC, electricians all have a license. In 20 years I've never seen or heard an inspector ask to see one and I've been on a whole lot of construction sites.

Look, I get it. You want the whole pie. I do too. The difference is, you're throwing a fit since you can't have it all right this very minute. Me, I'll take a piece now, and one way or another get the rest of it when I can. How long did it take to get parimutuel betting in Texas? It certainly wasn't quick. (50 years.)

Last edited:

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Thanks for the link. Really liking my senator right now.

Nice when you can actually be happy you voted for someone.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Birdwell is being questioned by some of the more liberal senators about off limits locations on campus, weapons storage, and currently how well the training is, comparing it to El Paso sheriffs saying how much training is needed to hit the target and not hit innocents. Something that has not been an issue in the past with the CHL program.

Birdwell is doing well with the answers, but those who are apposed are just letting it go over their heads,

locke_n_load

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Houston, TX
    Senator talking about how police miss their targets and that a D.C. ruling said that you don't have the right to carry any weapon for any purpose.
    Don't know how that relates to CHL holders that much, as they typically aren't out chasing bad guys.
    People keep asking about how many college students with CHLs are veterans, which should not make a difference either.
    Birdwell is doing a decent job with his rebuttal and keeps directing to the Texas Constitution.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    A&M chancellor not taking a stance, but doesn't see a reason why law abiding students off campus would act any different on campus.

Gotta give A&M some props for that.

locke_n_load

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Houston, TX
    letter from Chancellor of A&M read (whoop!), said he has confidence that his students and faculty will carry on campus with as much responsibility as they do elsewhere, however the school will not have an opinion and that is his personal opinion, and he does not oppose campus carry.

locke_n_load

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Houston, TX
    UT chancellor says that he, students, faculty, and parents say that more weapons on campus would make campus less safe; they would have more suicides and more accidental shootings, police would not be able to identify if chl holder or active shooter.
    I'd say their campus police would need more training if that's the case.
    Typical Lib TU.

Top Bottom