• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    I have been in a situation where LEOs were out of line.

Legitimate threat of an FBI inquiry changed their tune and the "misunderstanding" was quickly resolved.
    Texas SOT

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Mexican_Hippy,

GOOD LUCK on getting anything done by any federal agency that helps any gun-owner until at least after 21JAN17, as BHO's band of thugs, kooks, creeps & just plain thieves are ALL leftist radicals & gun-HATERS.

yours, satx

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    I want Constitutional Carry plain and simple. Licensed OC is nothing better than what we have already.
    If that is the path they take, I think most police departments will harass the hell out of CHLs who OC, because at a glance, they won't know is has a CHL or not. It will become such a hassle being checked every time you go out and someone calls in on you, people will start carrying concealed again.

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    I want Constitutional Carry plain and simple. Licensed OC is nothing better than what we have already.
    If that is the path they take, I think most police departments will harass the hell out of CHLs who OC, because at a glance, they won't know is has a CHL or not. It will become such a hassle being checked every time you go out and someone calls in on you, people will start carrying concealed again.
    I want 346 because it sets a standard for separate signage. (I don't want to allow OC signage to affect my concealed carry)
    We won't get constitutional carry until we convince a majority of Texans that it is the right thing to do. Licensed carry is a better path to accomplishing that than openly carrying rifles.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    Mexican_Hippy,

GOOD LUCK on getting anything done by any federal agency that helps any gun-owner until at least after 21JAN17, as BHO's band of thugs, kooks, creeps & just plain thieves are ALL leftist radicals & gun-HATERS.

yours, satx

You may be right. That was over 20 yrs ago.

I try to remain optimistic though. I still think most LEOs will do the right thing.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    I want 346 because it sets a standard for separate signage. (I don't want to allow OC signage to affect my concealed carry)
    We won't get constitutional carry until we convince a majority of Texans that it is the right thing to do. Licensed carry is a better path to accomplishing that than openly carrying rifles.

OC of rifles just looks silly too because its not practical and way to in-your-face.

Its like your gay neighbor kissing his husband goodbye for work on their porch vs throwing an assless chaps parade down the street.

Jack House

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2014
    You realize that the constitutional carry bill takes away the teeth from the 30.06 signage, right?

Both of you realize that the only reason there is this much support for OC this session is because of rifle open carry?

If it weren't for OCT and the lot doing their walks, OC would still be a fringe issue and we sure as hell wouldn't have constitutional carry given the kind of support we've seen this session.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I don't think carrying rifles is what made it an issue. It was the widespread support, which kicked off after OK passed CC and we said WTF.

Carry of rifles has mostly caused OC supporters to appear as the fringe group. Empty holsters could have made the point better without the negative side effects.

Some places may respond well to rifle OC, most times it causes problems when people swarm a restaurant and start taking selfies.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Mexican_Hippy,

Nobody (I don't believe) is talking about the vast majority of LEOs. instead, we are talking about the hate-filled ANTI-GUN minority in police departments & in city/county governments, like Harris County/Houston for example.

As I said before, I was a county/state/federal LEO for 3 decades & MOST of the LEOs that I knew were PRO-gun but in 2015 there are far too many "progressives" in both the LE agencies & (in particular) in government agencies, who are out to "make an example of" anyone who carries a firearm. - That minority is the group that I worry about.

yours, satx

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    You realize that the constitutional carry bill takes away the teeth from the 30.06 signage, right?
    I personally like the 30.06 code. It may need some tweaks, but it is very specific for a reason. Much better than just any old gunbuster sign.

Both of you realize that the only reason there is this much support for OC this session is because of rifle open carry? If it weren't for OCT and the lot doing their walks, OC would still be a fringe issue and we sure as hell wouldn't have constitutional carry given the kind of support we've seen this session.

I disagree with you about the reason for the support, this ball was started rolling long before OCT. However, if they want to claim sole credit for it being brought up, then they need to claim sole credit for killing it as well.

I don't think carrying rifles is what made it an issue. It was the widespread support, which kicked off after OK passed CC and we said WTF.

Carry of rifles has mostly caused OC supporters to appear as the fringe group. Empty holsters could have made the point better without the negative side effects.

Some places may respond well to rifle OC, most times it causes problems when people swarm a restaurant and start taking selfies.

This.

Davetex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Greers Ferry Lake
    Both of you realize that the only reason there is this much support for OC this session is because of rifle open carry?

I disagree and not sure how you can come to that conclusion. When you say that is the "only" reason, you are discounting all the work others have done for years to get us to this point. Most of that work has been done quietly and respectfully.

txcat

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2014
    Senate Moving Quickly on Two Gun Bills
    While it may be hard not to testify after driving to Austin and sitting for hours waiting for SB11 and SB17 to come up, everyone should know that the fate of a bill does not lie in the number of people who testify for or against it. In fact, the Committee would appreciate people signing in “for,” “against,” or “on” a bill so that their opinion is part of the record, but not testifying if your testimony would just be more of the same.

If you go to the hearing, above all be respectful to everyone whether they be Committee Members, fellow supporters of the bills, or our opponents. Do not let yourself be baited into being anything other than a statesman.

Do You Want to Make a Difference, or Just a Point?
    There is no better way to prove to the political and legislative community that you are an inexperienced neophyte than to overstate the benefits of your proposed legislation, or the ramifications of failure to pass a bill. For example, at one time many “constitutional carry” supporters claimed that open-carry reduces crime. There is no evidence this is true and it certainly does not pass the smell test. Testifying that it does in a committee hearing will likely result in being asked to show the proof. Another example of overstating one’s case is claiming that open-carry is legal in 44 states. While perhaps technically true, it is not commonly practiced to the extent that supporters may imply. Again, do not oversell your bill. Tell the truth, there is no reason to prohibit open-carry and it will be a convenience to many law-abiding Texans.

ANTI-CAMPUS CARRY EMAIL SENT TO ENTIRE UT AUSTIN FACULTY
    An email message was sent to the entire faculty of the University of Texas at Austin on a university listserv Tuesday morning encouraging them to oppose a “campus carry” bill being considered by the Texas Senate.

A copy of the email, sent by Bill Beckner, a mathematics professor and the chair of the UT Faculty Council, was provided to Breitbart Texas from a current UT professor who wished to remain anonymous. “When you read it, the whole thing is offensive and disturbing for several reasons,” said the professor, who described himself as a conservative and a supporter of gun rights.

In the message, Beckner informs the faculty that SB 11 is set for a public hearing in the Texas Senate on Thursday, February 12, and includes all the information from the official notice.

Beckner urges his colleagues to attend the hearing, writing, “The views of faculty members are important and the Senate will benefit from hearing those views.”

However, it is not all views that the Faculty Council wants to see. Instead, the message is clear that they are hoping to encourage opposition to campus carry. “As I expect that you are aware,” writes Beckner, “both President Powers and Chancellor McRaven have expressed their opinion that this measure will not enhance safety for students, faculty and staff on our campus.”

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    That's one of those "lip service" bills that's gets submitted with no chance of passing just so some liberal can go back to their uninformed constituents and say "I did blah blah blah".

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    You might be amazed if you saw some of the bills that get introduced at the federal level.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    You might be amazed if you saw some of the bills that get introduced at the federal level.

YEP. - (I think that it was in 2010 that) a leftist NY Congress-critter & DIMocRAT proposed a bill to strike the 2nd Amendment from the BoR.

yours, satx

Top Bottom