• ...and so much more!
  • SURVIVOR619

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 31, 2017
    US
    Sorry, I'll disagree with you here. The PRK has a lot of effed up laws but their castle doctrine is (still) quite good. We will see how long that lasts...

Perhaps it changed (improved) since I moved out in 2015? My understanding back then was, as established through criminal case precedence, a homeowner had a duty to retreat. Fudd?

ETA: Quick read from USCCA and a few other spots indeed corrects my prior understanding which was likely fudd based on a lack of confidence in a jury trial accepting a defense that deadly force was necessary. E.g., intruder had no weapon yet the victim used a firearm. End of the day: I pray I'm never in such a situation; I'm thankful to be in Texas where the stand your ground law appears to be more robust than Kamalastan; I will support the fight in Texas to help quell these new rules however possible through activism.

Last edited:

Fishkiller

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 22, 2019
    Frederickburg
    Perhaps it changed (improved) since I moved out in 2015? My understanding back then was, as established through criminal case precedence, a homeowner had a duty to retreat. Fudd?
    California law is you retreat if possible. I have seen cases in Commifornia where the homeowner did not run out the back door and was charged with manslaughter.

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    California law is you retreat if possible.

No, it's not. PC 198.5 has no duty to retreat inside your home. Property is another story as castle doctrine doesn't apply there but there are still stand your ground elements to CA law.

I'm betting there was more to that case that caused castle doctrine to not apply.

I'm thankful to be in Texas where the stand your ground law appears to be more robust than Kamalastan;

Yes, this is very true. Texas law is still better.

And before I get yelled at...I'm done talking about CA law. :)

Last edited:

Aus_Schwaben

First to know - Last to care!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 31, 2019
    Abilene, TX
    California law is you retreat if possible. I have seen cases in Commifornia where the homeowner did not run out the back door and was charged with manslaughter.
    Massachusetts is the same way and has been since at least 1987. I was at Fort Devens and read about a family that came back from a weekend getaway. The daughter had let her friends know so they partied over the weekend. When the father was trying to make the friends leave, there was a fight and some of the friends were wounded. The DA said the father had an obligation to retreat so he would be prosecuted for assault.

William W. Johnstone wrote (fiction) about a situation in Texas where a homeowner fought two burglars. He killed one and wounded the other. His wife was killed. The wounded burglar sued because he was unarmed. The criminal case was delayed until after the civil case and deep pocket Left wingers were financing the lawsuit.

I would hate to see it become a reality here.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Many of y'all are pissed about HB196 and you rightly should be. I highly suggest reading the full text if you haven't. Lots of word changes in that bill. HB196 needs to take a helicopter ride.

Many of the others need to do the same. While you're writing your reps, don't forget to remind them the speaker chooses the committee chairs and we all saw the shit Bonnen pulled last year. Phelan was a Bonnen loyalist, so you better urge those reps to fight for a solid 2A supporting chair for the appropriate committees.

ETA: Nobody seems to have pre-filed a constitutional carry bill.

Aren't many of those the usual anti-gun bills files by the usual cast of ass-hats?
    Some are, but there's a lot of new tricks up the sleeve and some whole new concepts being introduced in the anti-2A camp.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Do you really not know who the GOA's chief lobbyist in Austin is?

Saying that the GOA is nobody in Texas sounds like something that the NRA's puppet, the TSRA, would say.

Of course I did. I did not know if you did. As I pointed out, TSRA sucks too but at least they can get something done.

I also know GOA has never had a bill sponsored by a legislator become law. EVER. That makes GOA a nobody. Counting on them to pass Por-Gun laws is like voting Libertarian and expecting them get them passed.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Coriolis308
    Top Bottom