• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • David

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    North Texas
    The only range I go to is Gibsons because he's been a good friends for years and lets me shoot and our buddies shoot our NFA stuff out there.

My father is a memeber at the North Texas Shooters range. It's nice. It's be way better if the allowed machine guns.

dbgun

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Houston, TX.
    For indoor ranges, I'll go to Sportsman's shooting Center in Friendswood or Pasadena Gun Center in Pasadena. I haven't been there in a llong time, but Marksman Shooting range in South Houston is a good place. For shooting rifles outdoors, I go to Bailey's or Clear Creek.

SiNNiK

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Austin, Tx.
    Went to Eagle Peak Shooting Range today in Leander. Great place! I liked that the pistol and rifle ranges were separated by a berm so the pistol guys wouldn't have to wait until the rifle guys got back from 300yds. to go live.

They have a golf cart for those going out that far, so you can get back in a timely manner. I was there with the shotgun and that area was off a bit further, but I got to blast away and take a look at what some of the different loads did out of my gun.

As a side note, I was wondering about the Hornady TAP 12ga 00 rounds, but after shooting some today, I no longer wonder if I'll be outgunned. Those things pack a wallop. About 4.5"@10yds too.

http://www.eaglepeakshootingrange.com/epsr.htm

SteveW

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Austin TX
    Eagle Peak ? Nice range. Shame about the staff.
    Not customer friendly.
    No FMJ rifle rounds.
    I don't go there after the first visit.

SiNNiK

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Austin, Tx.
    O man, please don't tell me that (but thanks for the heads up). I joined and had such a good time, the guy behind the counter, John, was courteous and helpful. What, or Who, should I watch out for? Any advise would appreciated. :D

sti45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2008
    Rusty Spur

Rusty Spur range hwy 29 n. of Bertram about seven miles. Nice people,not
    crowded rifles and pistols.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I'm a member of Greenwood Gun Club for over 10 years.
    http://greenwoodgunclub.org/

Here's a couple from a recent trip.
    img0742ch7.jpg
    [/URL]
    My wife keeping up with the men!

First shots breaking in my Baer

TexasGuns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    La Porte,Texas USA
    Texas City, Texas. Municipal Shooting Range

http://www.texas-city-tx.org/ShootingRiflePistolRules.htm

In the above link you will find a map and directions under the Hours of Operation tab. You will also find pictures and more information.

Rifle Pistol Skeet Trap

Great bunch of people shoot there. There is a service rifle match every third Saturday, Shoal Point Rifle Club. They shoot alot of surplus types. The range is very clean and in order. My family and I shoot there regulary.

100 yard rifle. Pistol 3-25 yards.

WGG

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    Houston, Texas
    I live Northwest of Houston so I mainly shoot at Hot Wells or Carter Country in Spring. I also am a member at http://www.galvestonrifleandgunclub.com/#Menu which only costs $60 per year. They have covered rifle and pistol ranges. It is not fancy but it is never crowded. I am usually there alone and have never seen more than a few people there at a time. I often drop my wife off at West Beach for a few hours and go to the range.

If anyone is interested in joining drop me an email and you can use me as a reference on the application form.

Glenmar

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 3, 2008
    I shoot at the Pearland Sportsman Club (PSC) just south of Houston in Friendswood. The range is very well maintained, has a 300 yd rifle range, 200 yd bench rest only range, 100 yd rimfire only range, several pistol ranges including a plate rack, shotgun range, air gun, and archery ranges. All the shooting stations are covered.

It's a member range with dues of ~$160.00 per year (no other fees to shoot). After a 2 hour orientation new members get the combination to the gate and can come and go as they please.

If you're on the south side of Houston it's worth checking out.

CZ guy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Left of Galveston Bay
    Sometimes on lunch breaks from the office I'll go to Top Gun Range, which is an excellent indoor facility for pistol shooting located in the Galleria area. They rent pistols as well, and this is where I did my CHL class - they have full-day classes, or break it into two consecutive week evenings, five hours each, which is a nice option for some people. There are four bays there, three of them are for general shooting with four or five slots per bay, and the fourth is a tactical area with moving targets and such. I've never used that area, but one day there was a group of guys from the Israeli consolate there doing some shooting/training. It's a bit pricey, at $15 per gun per hour, but a nice option when I need a break from the office life.

That's where I do the bulk of my plinking in Houston. :D

I agree with the "excellent indoor facility" part but I resent the heck out of being treated like an idiot. I was a cop for almost 30 years and shot in interdepartmental competition matches many times and was taught the finer points of shooting by attending an FBI school way back in the 70s... a long time before the kid at the counter (who told me how to react to a jam or misfire) was even born.

I KNOW how to clear a malfunction under stress so having a FTF while facing a target that is not about to shoot me is simple stuff. I refuse to place my weapon on the shelf like it is evil and useless and step back with my hands in the air so some hero can come save me with a quick "tap and rack". :mad:

I was appalled by their prices and the pilfering through my ammo bag to make sure I was not lying about having any lead bullets.

They shall never again see my smiling face in their building.

htxred

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    inner loop houston
    I agree with the "excellent indoor facility" part but I resent the heck out of being treated like an idiot. I was a cop for almost 30 years and shot in interdepartmental competition matches many times and was taught the finer points of shooting by attending an FBI school way back in the 70s... a long time before the kid at the counter (who told me how to react to a jam or misfire) was even born.

I KNOW how to clear a malfunction under stress so having a FTF while facing a target that is not about to shoot me is simple stuff. I refuse to place my weapon on the shelf like it is evil and useless and step back with my hands in the air so some hero can come save me with a quick "tap and rack". :mad:

I was appalled by their prices and the pilfering through my ammo bag to make sure I was not lying about having any lead bullets.

They shall never again see my smiling face in their building.
    so you're irritated about the pep talk the guy at the counter gave you before you went into the firing lanes or did someone come up behind you?

CZ guy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Left of Galveston Bay
    LOL, a "pep talk" is normally not presented in such a condescending manner as to make the customer feel he is not intelligent enough to do anything on his own. But, maybe the rich folks that frequent the place need someone to hold their hand while they shoot. :D

The older gentleman working there was friendly enough but it was upon his insistence the "pup" asked to SEE all my ammo so he could be assured I was not in possession of lead bullets, even after I told him they were ALL factory loads. The zip-lock baggies of ammo must be the preferred manner to smuggle illegal rounds to the line because all 7 bags were checked.

OH WELL, I got to experience the place. If I was an 18 year old tattooed gang banger toting an AK through the door I would expect such, but I am FAR from that!

Top Bottom