• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    In the 70's Coleco Industries produce a computer that came in a big box along with a printer. It was called the Adam. Had a lot of problems.
    I had one, it was hot garbage. But since the printer was daisy wheel, the quality was a lot higher than the Epson 9 pin dot matrix I had on my IBM PC.

mroper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Katy, TX
    I got a commodore 64 for my graduation gift. I bought myself a phone with a built in Modem. I got a compuserve account but I could not use it very often because the long distance charges were too much to call the dial up number. I bought alot of stuff from a company called DaK enterprises anyone else remember them.

MountainGirl

Hovering
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Big Thicket
    I got a commodore 64 for my graduation gift. I bought myself a phone with a built in Modem. I got a compuserve account but I could not use it very often because the long distance charges were too much to call the dial up number. I bought alot of stuff from a company called DaK enterprises anyone else remember them.
    I don't recall DaK, but I'll never forget the sound of the modem dialing up. First 14.4 then 56.6. Now, if it's not gig-speed we're all bitchin. :D

MountainGirl

Hovering
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Big Thicket
    I'd give my left nut for a Curta. The design is brilliant.

Doesn't seem like a fair trade to me, but you do you. :)

1000000131.jpg

1000000132.jpg

G O B

School of Hard Knocks and Sharp blows
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Hays Co.
    '67-'68 I wrote the first program to set Linotype remotely from a teletype machine. Used an IBM 1170 desk computer. (Yes, the 'minicomputer' was an entire desk) 75" 'cake dish' hard drive - NO DOS, wasn't invented yet. You had to keep a paper disk log of where you put what field. Loose the paper log, lose all info on the disc. You are most likely using some of my code to post to this thread. Never went into the programming business, as it payed minimum wage, $1.90 at the time. Elevator apprentice payed $2.83 and a 1/2.

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    We had one of those (dad was a TI employee in Austin). That came after the 99 that I learned basic on.
    Flew down to Austin around 1986 to obtain some training from a specific person. He was a member of technical staff which was like a senior director position back then for IT people, most who were self taught. He was a long haired hippy that carried around a shoulder purse. The PC he used in his office was a luggable on a lazy Susan.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    I remember when the first programmable calculators came out. Maybe a hundred programming steps. Lost if you turned off the calculator.

Then HP came out with the mag strip memory storage.

Support
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Khughes93
    Top Bottom