• majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Case in point...

Man Unphased by SAPD Taser

San Antonio police say not even a taser could keep a suspected car thief under control.

Augustine Pedroza was stopped by police on November 30 after officers identified his vehicle as stolen.

Police say they were putting him in the patrol car when he fought back.

Officers tased him but they say it did little to control Perdoza--who managed to take off.

Officers did eventually catch up with him. Pedroza is facing a host of charges.

Kudos to the officers for catching him, if he fought me I would have been tempted to shoot his dumb ass! Not saying I would, but I'd be tempted...

Cheers! M2
    DK Firearms

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas

Yea that's rough. I have never been hit with the probes, but I have been shocked with one of those hand held units.
    Tazers are more effictive depending on muscle mass. The shock contracts the muscles and renders the person useless.
    A cop friend actually invited me to a Tazer demo one time. I passed! We did have a bean bag demo one time though.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    my understanding is if you have to engage a target and leave the unit in order to escape
    That's actually a good idea. It automatically runs through a few cycles and gives you plenty of time to get away. You don't want to be around when it stops cycling, because then the real fight will start. The issue I have is that the thing is registered to you. After you make your escape the bg could then run off with your taser. I bet with some old school social engineering they could get your address out of the taser company.

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Usually they dont, but if you put your hands behind your back as instructed it wont be an issue for you.
    Looked like he was trying to to me but it doesnt matter. I see no need to tazer the idiot when 6 cops were standing around him . The only reason would be simly because he wanted to.
    The first problem with that video is the guy was driving like a dumbass. If the cops would have pulled him over for the way he was driving, drug his ass out of the car, threw him on the ground cuffed and stuff him in their back seat, I would have agree'd.
    Like I said, the first thing he did wrong was good enough for me if they chose to taze him or arrest em. Driving the way he was, I would have tazed his ass soon as he jumped out of the car. I wouldnt have tazed him after he got on the ground though.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Looked like he was trying to to me but it doesnt matter. I see no need to tazer the idiot when 6 cops were standing around him . The only reason would be simly because he wanted to.
    No, then you would bitch that 6 cops were on him. You have no idea about control of suspects, so your opinion is worth less than zero.

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    No, then you would bitch that 6 cops were on him. You have no idea about control of suspects, so your opinion is worth less than zero.
    I have no idea? My opinion is worthless?
    Im the one who " Controll's" the suspects around here. Im the one who catches the SOB's breaking into my neighbor shit. And im the one who does it without a tazer and most of the time without a gun! Think you could " handle" it without a gun?
    Do you think the general public doesnt have to put up with the same crap that cops have to?

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    And you think the cops were out of line???

No sir, not if they decided to taze his butt for driving wreckless. Hell, I would rather seen them taze his ass when he started running off at the mouth and acting like a flaming asshole. At that point there was just two cops there. When 6 of them show up, why taze the guy when he's already on the ground?
    Cant 6 cops get cuffs on a guy thats already on the ground without tazing him?

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    Do you think the general public doesnt have to put up with the same crap that cops have to?

No they dont. You may choose to inject yourself into situations that have nothing to do with you, but most of the public doesn't. On the other hand, cops get sent to all of the hairy shit that the general public cant/doesnt want to deal with. Oh, and they do it on a nightly basis, not once in a while. On top of that they have a shitpile of laws and rules that they have to work within. They cant just go Taze people for running their mouth, or go "bust heads".

think you could handle that? Its not a matter of kicking ass and taking names. Its about conducting your business in a way that catches criminals, and collects evidence of crimes in a manner that is legal and builds a case that is capable of winning in court. Lots of cities in Texas need good officers, if you got what it takes pick a place and fill out an application. step up and take a crack at the real deal.

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    No they dont. You may choose to inject yourself into situations that have nothing to do with you, but most of the public doesn't. On the other hand, cops get sent to all of the hairy shit that the general public cant/doesnt want to deal with. Oh, and they do it on a nightly basis, not once in a while. On top of that they have a shitpile of laws and rules that they have to work within. They cant just go Taze people for running their mouth, or go "bust heads".

think you could handle that?
    Inject myself? Never heard that one before. The proper term is called " Mosaic Law". Its what the good laws in Texas are based off of. ;)

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gillikenobi
    Top Bottom