• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    The result of getting shot with one................
    research2_11.jpg
    That is not from a Taser

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    Ah ok, I didn't know if it was like "LEO Only" ammunition, or something that truly woulden't ever be seen in the general public's hands.
    The X-26 uses a cartridge that releases hundreds of small pieces of confetti that shower the area in which the TASER was discharged. On each of those miniscule pieces of paper is the serial number to that cartridge. Also the X-26 keeps track of each time the trigger is pulled. The info can be downloaded from the TASER to a computer. The cartridges can be ordered from GT's in Austin or from TASER International.
    I dont know if these same protocols apply to the C2, the civilian version.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Thanks again for all the input.
    Keeping in mind everyones openions, I asked my wife "If you coulden't carry somewhere what would you feel more comfortable with, a Taser or Pepper Spray?" She emphatically said a Taser. So I guess that answers that question for me.

I took a look at the X3, I was wondering, will it be possible for civilians to purchase one?

You should educate her. She is making a choice without any knowledge.

Burt Gummer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Williamson County
    I make my wife carry pepper spray as opposed to a Taser.
    IMHO, a Taser is for a more "experienced" self defense type person. I would carry one but I think I have enough tools in the belt to not need one off duty.

Here's a choice I offered my wife but she never took me up on- Taser your wife, and also pepper spray her. Then let her decide what she prefers. Ok you may end up divorced but if it is consensual, you should survive.

Really though, OC (pepper spray) is good for multiple opponents and even to a very lesser extent, dogs. I have sprayed many pooches and suspects and though the suspects react much more, it distracts a dog enough for you to make a getaway.

And for the poster of that Olin 12 ga flare gun, I may know of a person who carried that in the 80s/90's as a defense weapon. That person may or may not have used it in self defense by firing it into the suspects vehicle front seat. It does stick to people and can light clothing on fire too....so I have heard.;)

In conclusion; lizard, scissors, Spock, pepper spray, and finally taser.

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas
    I dont know why this continues to be a question.
    Tazers sure seem to be effective when used and pepper spray seems to have its advantages.
    The only conclusion I can come up with is carry them both. If you were to pepper spray some SOB in the eyes then zap em with a tazer, that would be awsome!
    Im pretty sure the assailant will remember that experiance for a long time.

pyrat

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2010
    Allen, Texas
    WRT civilian Tasers, my understanding is if you have to engage a target and leave the unit in order to escape, you can send a copy of the police report to the company and they will replace your Taser at no cost.

When using pepper spray, the wind or proximity to the target can result in the user also being affected, and if you are inside there may be residual affect on the immediate area depending on your accuracy. There have also been instances of people spraying themselves with pepper spray, so you may want to look at units which have a grip which is designed to assist with determining the direction of aim.

Both have their advantages and disadvantages, and as Mr. Redneck stated, carrying both give you options.

Burt Gummer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Williamson County
    Something that would help many decide...

Pepper spray: $10

Taser X26: $950

Definitely!

I have tasered and pepper sprayed many. Both work to a certain extent but neither have been 100% reliable for me. Plus you can buy spray to carry, and to leave in the car, and for the wife or gf and her car. Get a decent brand from a cop shop or reliable gun shop.

Top Bottom