Tactical Firearms (Katy, TX) being "forced" out of business?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    I can just picture him paying people (with a promise, not cash) to sit at single stages all day and pull the handle.

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    n3X1i9p.gif

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    From Fox 26's Andrea Watkins on FB.

I understand skepticism. But we did a previous story with Tactical Firearms where they showed they hadn't missed any payments and they had money in bank to cover their bills. It got complicated with the bank when it demanded a refinance and consolidation of 3 loans. Jeremy Alcede explained this morning in earlier segment their offer to sell land and pay off loans w/ cash. He says bank refused to work with them.

Yes Chapter 11 is a form of bankruptcy, but it's for reorganizing debts. It protects against negative actions (foreclosure) until creditor claims are satisfied. A fed judge allowed the filing because he could see Tactical Firearms was a viable business, but up against a wall with the bank.

As for the ammo manufacturing plant, TF says it's has been working on that nearly a year. Since it was paying it's bills it didn't expect a problem with the bank.

Additionally, the last time TF was in touch with Gov. Perry's office was yesterday when Perry's office called them to schedule a meeting.

An ammo plant won't have a hard time making money with a national ammo shortage that won't go away. There are many people lined up to invest. If they like TF's business plan, it's their money.

This is a complicated situation no doubt. just trying to respond to some of your questions. Thanks for your comments and questions.

Business owner announces ammunintion manufacturing plant to open - Houston weather, traffic, news | FOX 26 | MyFoxHouston

Tactical Firearms to open manufacturing facility that could mean - Houston weather, traffic, news | FOX 26 | MyFoxHouston

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    So I asked yesterday for the owner and reporter to backup claims he'd heard from the .gov's office. Here's the response from the Fox 26 reporter.

Reporter: Additionally, the last time TF was in touch with Gov. Perry's office was yesterday when Perry's office called them to schedule a meeting.

Bit of clarification from the TF group on FB.

Owner when called out: all I know is a state representative said another representative and congressman said they wanted to know if I would be available next week to meet with the governor and others to discuss our plans to open our ammo plant. Why would I put this out to the nation if it were not true. If the governor is aware as of yet, I don't know but it doesn't look like it by her post. I am just doing as I am asked. I never said the governor was supporting us either as some have claimed. I will keep everyone posted on what is taking place and thank you all for your continued support!

And from a post on the Fox 26 page of Facebook, NOT FROM THE NEWS SOURCE. Not verified, but what I thought. 3pm today.

You can consider the below information an official response from the Governor’s office.

Neither the Governor nor anyone from his staff has scheduled a meeting with Mr. Alcede.

The Governor’s office has not endorsed Mr. Alcede’s business plan because it hasn’t reviewed it.

The Governor’s office is not working with Mr. Alcede and wasn’t made aware of any plans for an ammunition manufacturing company.

Travis Considine Deputy Press Secretary, Office of the Governor

Miranda Smith Sevcik · Principal and Founder at Media Masters

Just saw this on a blog- please check your facts before reporting:

You can consider the below information an official response from the Governor’s office.

Neither the Governor nor anyone from his staff has scheduled a meeting with Mr. Alcede.

The Governor’s office has not endorsed Mr. Alcede’s business plan because it hasn’t reviewed it.

The Governor’s office is not working with Mr. Alcede and wasn’t made aware of any plans for an ammunition manufacturing company.

Travis Considine
    Deputy Press Secretary, Office of the Governor

Last edited:
    Top Bottom