Nothing beats a polymer .40.
    FB_IMG_1699016192644.jpg

Sasquatch

30 Super Carry Post Whore 2K Champ
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    So, if you're gay, the assumption is you would own a 9mm? Being gay and owning a .40 is unusual and unexpected?

Nah, they would be packing Thirty Thuper Carry, skinnier and fits all those tight bores easier. May not pack the punch of a .44 but .44's are for Daddy's and Bears. Kid in the pic is obviously a twink. :roflfunny:

He would own a 6.5 Creedmore rifle, that he never shoots (hurts his shoulder - but attracts the masculine types anyway) and he also owns bizarre shit chambered in .32 French Longue or an old Nagant revolver to feel connected to WW2 era anti-facists.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Does it take much time getting used to shooting with polymer frames?
    No. I'm pretty comfortable picking up anything and shooting.
    Has anyone gone back to steel after trying out polymer?
    Not really. I grew up liking Berettas, Sigs, and CZs. So wasn't necessarily a steel purist, but did prefer metal frames. The only polymer gun I knew was Glock and I still think those are icky.

First polymer gun I liked was the SP2022, and I like it quite a bit. Everyone that handles that gun says it just shoots right. I've got one of the German made ones.

That opened the floodgates and I love the plastic fantastics now. I still like the same metal framed guns I always have; just not a purist.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    First polymer gun I liked was the SP2022, and I like it quite a bit. Everyone that handles that gun says it just shoots right. I've got one of the German made ones.

My SP2022 is US-made, but it still feels good in the hand and is accurate and reliable. No complaints here at all. I don't doubt that the German made ones are better, but I'm not sure where that improvement could fit in as satisfied as I am with mine.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    My SP2022 is US-made, but it still feels good in the hand and is accurate and reliable. No complaints here at all. I don't doubt that the German made ones are better, but I'm not sure where that improvement could fit in as satisfied as I am with mine.
    I picked up one of the US made ones and ended up selling it. Just didn't give me the same fizz.

The finish on the slide and other metal parts is different. The pins are different, too. It somehow shot different, but that could have been in my head :laughing:

Sasquatch

30 Super Carry Post Whore 2K Champ
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    No. I'm pretty comfortable picking up anything and shooting.

Not really. I grew up liking Berettas, Sigs, and CZs. So wasn't necessarily a steel purist, but did prefer metal frames. The only polymer gun I knew was Glock and I still think those are icky.

That opened the floodgates and I love the plastic fantastics now. I still like the same metal framed guns I always have; just not a purist.

Is your German made gun actually a 2022 - or is it the predecessor the SP2009? I had a Sig Pro SP2340 that I hated. It was my first / only gun I've owned in .357 Sig and had me hating the caliber for a long time after. I couldn't shoot that gun for shit, and the mags rattled and pinched my pinky under recoil. It also didn't have a great finish.

I've since given the Sig Pro another chance with an SP2022 and loved the ergos, it was just a meh shooter for me though, not near as nice as a 226, 225, 229 or 228. Much better fit & finish than the 2340 I had. Mags didn't rattle like the old one did. Did not pinch my finger under recoil. I'll probably own another some day because I keep buying the same gun models every few years expecting them to be different.

alternative

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2023
    Texas
    Read in one of the gun mags that some newer polymers were being developed that should cushion recoil even more. The laws of physics are constant (so they say) and a heavier gun should have less recoil than a lighter gun but there are variables such as mechanism of action and cushioning effect a polymer or rubber grip may have. My 38 special in my Ruger LCR has much more recoil than the same round in my GP100 with 5 inch barrel.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    <>

IMHO,

’’Range’’ guns & hunting shotguns, which will fire many thousands of rounds during their generations-long useful lives, should be all forged steel or steel alloys.

The weight benefit of ‘’carry guns’’, most of which will be fired only to maintain proficiency & familiarity, is greatly enhanced by the use of lighter alloys & ‘’plastics’’.

Just my opinion.

leVieux

<>

Top Bottom