• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Paul2036

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2023
    Houston
    From rifles to pistols, and all in between, I've always preferred steel frame, currently using a 5" 1911. So I went to the range and rented out a few of the popular ones, and found the Walther PDP and G19 somewhat tolerable shooting experiences. Does it take much time getting used to shooting with polymer frames? Has anyone gone back to steel after trying out polymer?

Paul2036

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2023
    Houston
    The plastics are cheap enough to try out, so will likely pick one up from this forum and resell if anything.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    I went on a rampage a few years ago - looking for only steel framed 9mm pistols. I kept all of them except for a - sort of steel CZ75. Then I got a Canik. The low bore axis makes them not have much muzzle flip. I love that gun.

Paul2036

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2023
    Houston
    I went on a rampage a few years ago - looking for only steel framed 9mm pistols. I kept all of them except for a - sort of steel CZ75. Then I got a Canik. The low bore axis makes them not have much muzzle flip. I love that gun.

You mean, you don’t have spare change to fork out for a staccato c2?

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Try different polymer pistols and see what feels good to you. 1911s and Single Action just feel natural in my hand. And I shoot them well. But they are what I am used to. Most polymers, not so much.
    At a Hicksville meetup I tried another member's Ruger LC9s Pro. The first polymer pistol that I shoot well without having to try, hard, to shoot. I bought one. Still the only polymer frame I own. And it is one of my daily caries.

Bottom line, borrow or rent as many as you can. See how they feel and how well you shoot them. Then buy the ones you like.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

zackmars

Novice Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    I’m going to give it a fair try. Heck, there must be a reason why millions love their blocks of plastic aka, glocks.
    emoji23.png

Of all the polymer framed 9mm's out there, glock has the best grip when it comes to promoting proper recoil control.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    Some pistols just work better for one individual than another. I know I've had a couple of pistols that were just not comfortable or I just couldn't seem to shoot well, and then there are others that work and feel just great. I think that's largely independent of whether it's metal or polymer.

Top Bottom