Venture Surplus ad

STEAK THREAD! How do you eat your steaks?!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GlockOwner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    Dallas (Oak Cliff)
    And I swear to god if I EVER see anyone ruining a nice cut of meat by over cooking it, or adding ketchup or steak sauce to it, I will punch you in the dick so freaking hard itll hurt your unborn children lol. If its a cheapo piece of meat thats fine then lol

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

Have you ever had Walmart brand "choice beef"? It is supposedly really nice cuts of steak, but...i got that info from Master Chef, of which walmart is a sponsor lol

Das Jared

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Friendswood
    Have you ever had Walmart brand "choice beef"? It is supposedly really nice cuts of steak, but...i got that info from Master Chef, of which walmart is a sponsor lol

For what they are, they arent TERRIBLE, but they are nothing to write home about either. I am very partial, as I have beefmaster cattle, and that is some good meat, another favorite is kobe.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    Picture of the last good steak I had. Robert's Steak House. Medium rare.

I worked at a restaurant and cooked steaks for a couple of years. Don't order a steak well done and expect it to take a couple of minutes.

I had the gas flame grill mapped out with hot and cool spots. Well done went to the coldest spot on the grill rare to the hottest.

I was not officially allowed to let a bleu steak out of the kitchen. If you ask for one, and it's done right, please consider tipping the cook. I had a couple of regulars that would ask for bleu and I'd slip it out for them. High heat and covering it with a metal pan to get a good sear on the four sides but it's, by definition, room temperature by the time it hits the table. That also means that you can't take the meat out of the fridge just before you put it on the grill. It needs to be at room temp. before it hits the grill or it's cold inside and will be sent back.

Well done can be done right but it's slow cooking and a huge wait for the table. If you order well done ask them to serve the rest of the table and just eat your sides till it rolls out of the kitchen.

Another thing with steaks is off the grill they need time to relax. Give it at least 5 min but better 10~15 covered on the plate to let the juice come back into the cells.

Most folks who eat a steaks with any topping haven't had a good stake or have trust issues with the stakes they've had.

All that and my thought is God created steak meat to be cooked Medium Rare.

img20130418191232.jpg

Last edited:

pistolpadre

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grew up rather poor, least roots humble enough we didn't have steak on the menu .. When we did all the males in our family tried to out do each other with the rare= size of testes thing.. i can honestly say i didn't have a really good cut of steak till i was "grow'd" and by then confident enough to order medium with out feeling sissy fied..

Then i got po'd at the money i'd wasted on half raw steak dinners..

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    When it comes to steak I like either Tartare or served "Pittsburg" style. This is when it allowed to rest to room temp then placed on a red HOT grill until its charred then flipped and charred on the other side*. This makes it slightly warm in the inside or 'extra rare' but charred on the outside. A little salt and lot of pepper for seasoning and that is it, you do anything else to it and you should be taken out and shot...for any decent piece of meat.

Now speaking of steak, lot of good and great cuts out there. If you want the VERY BEST cut then its Skirt steak, flank is also great, but NOTHING beats Skirt steak, most flavorful piece of meat on the cow, bar none. If you want to go up high then its Ribeye with the lip on.

* Optional way of cooking: Build a good fire using oak, burns hot, let its simmer down till all you have is the coals. Get your steak on a long fork, bend down and blow the gray dust off the coals and drop you steak on them...char and flip, serve...cooking time about 3-5 min max. Now we are REALLY eating.

The rest of you might as well peel the leather sole off your boot and eat it.

Top Bottom