• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • flgfish

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2020
    The Woodlands
    Don’t fret over the LTC class. If you’ve handled a gun before, can walk and chew bubble gum, and have a pulse you’ll be fine. The shooting portion is very easy (you really shouldn’t need to even shoot at 15 yards, the way the points work... asauming you can hit a man sized chest at 3 and 7 yards) and the test was written for those people who didn’t graduate your high school.

I recently picked up a Glock 43x to replace my 19 as a daily carry. I like shooting my 19 better and I’m still learning to love the smaller gun. Practice and then go shoot some more! Dry fire drills help build proficiency and comfort as well.

8B6EF7FE-162A-4B94-A10B-DCA636F76B94.jpeg
    277D47A4-157E-4C89-ADCA-0A9D7DAAE691.jpeg

pyaoliang

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 8, 2020
    Austin, TX
    Don’t fret over the LTC class. If you’ve handled a gun before, can walk and chew bubble gum, and have a pulse you’ll be fine. The shooting portion is very easy (you really shouldn’t need to even shoot at 15 yards, the way the points work... asauming you can hit a man sized chest at 3 and 7 yards) and the test was written for those people who didn’t graduate your high school.

I recently picked up a Glock 43x to replace my 19 as a daily carry. I like shooting my 19 better and I’m still learning to love the smaller gun. Practice and then go shoot some more! Dry fire drills help build proficiency and comfort as well.

View attachment 224345 View attachment 224346
    LOL! Thanks for the advice! Puts my mind at ease.

Jarine88

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 24, 2018
    Tomball
    I know I am a month and a half late, but welcome aboard.

Congratulations on the two new additions to your family. You have now opened Pandora’s box. Guns can be addicting, especially if you spend too much time on this forum. Right now, you are just into handguns, but you will read about the need for a rifle. You use your pistol to fight your way to your rifle. The caliber debates in rifles are just as fun as they are in pistols, but I am more of an “and” type of guy instead of an “or” type (i.e., I’ll take this caliber AND this one). I love them all. You’re going to need a big safe. :p

I added a PPQ45 to my collection in February. I love shooting that pistol and it is the one I carry the most. I also love my 1911 and my 9mm Sig P226, but I don’t love the holes they leave in my shirts. I own a few Glocks, but I’ve never had “Glock bite”. I have been accused of having gorilla sized hands, or as I say, I don’t have lady hands. Apparently, my G19 fits in my mitts like a G26 fits in others’ hands. I digress.

I’m sure your LTC test will be fine this weekend. My 72yo mother just passed her test a few weeks ago.

Stay safe!

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    Newly acquired CCW. H&K VP9SK with Milt Sparks holster. Hope my LTC class goes well this Saturday! View attachment 224282
    I bought an H&K VP9. I never even got the shoot it as it had "issues" and the owner refunded my cash. But for the 24 hrs I had it I really liked the feel of it. It fit my hand good, the controls/locations were the best my limited experience has run across yet. I'm gonna get another'n.

pyaoliang

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 8, 2020
    Austin, TX
    I know I am a month and a half late, but welcome aboard.

Congratulations on the two new additions to your family. You have now opened Pandora’s box. Guns can be addicting, especially if you spend too much time on this forum. Right now, you are just into handguns, but you will read about the need for a rifle. You use your pistol to fight your way to your rifle. The caliber debates in rifles are just as fun as they are in pistols, but I am more of an “and” type of guy instead of an “or” type (i.e., I’ll take this caliber AND this one). I love them all. You’re going to need a big safe. :p

I added a PPQ45 to my collection in February. I love shooting that pistol and it is the one I carry the most. I also love my 1911 and my 9mm Sig P226, but I don’t love the holes they leave in my shirts. I own a few Glocks, but I’ve never had “Glock bite”. I have been accused of having gorilla sized hands, or as I say, I don’t have lady hands. Apparently, my G19 fits in my mitts like a G26 fits in others’ hands. I digress.

I’m sure your LTC test will be fine this weekend. My 72yo mother just passed her test a few weeks ago.

Stay safe!

Oh man. Yeah an AR build is somewhere in my future for sure.

What holster are you using for the PPQ45?

pyaoliang

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 8, 2020
    Austin, TX
    I bought an H&K VP9. I never even got the shoot it as it had "issues" and the owner refunded my cash. But for the 24 hrs I had it I really liked the feel of it. It fit my hand good, the controls/locations were the best my limited experience has run across yet. I'm gonna get another'n.
    What issues did it have? I had a real bad double feed or failure to eject when I shot on Monday. And it’s not even close to as smooth as my PPQ

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    What issues did it have? I had a real bad double feed or failure to eject when I shot on Monday. And it’s not even close to as smooth as my PPQ
    The trigger stop bolt was not installed properly after a trigger spring replacement by the seller. Consequently when the trigger was pulled it would not reset. It would just stay at the back of the trigger housing.

Top Bottom