• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    I disagree with specifying the original. There was a later cut (I can't keep them all straight) that made it much, much clearer that Deckard was a replicant. I thought that was obvious in the original but lots of folks didn't see it that way so the later edit was useful for those folks.

My only watching of Blade Runner was The Final Cut and I didn't get that impression at all. Maybe I just missed it or maybe I just leaned in to him being a human because it makes the story more interesting.

jmohme

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2015
    Yeah, when they both showed Deckard dreaming of unicorns and other blade runner making and leaving for him an origami unicorn (Saying "We know even what you dream."), then that's a pretty on-the-nose declaration that Deckard was a replicant in the first movie.

As for the rest of the canon, it may contradict that view but that particular movie was crystal clear.

That's always a plus... :)

ETA: Speaking of her, didn't she appear in the trailer for Yesterday? I was a little peeved that she didn't appear in the movie, though not as peeved as the fans who sued because they rented the movie to see her and she wasn't in it. Talk about your frivolous lawsuits!

Also, to get slightly back on topic since this thread is for recommending good movies, any Beatles fan will enjoy 2019 film Yesterday.
    I just recently saw Yesterday. It was a fun movie.

prisondoc

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2020
    Converse TX
    I read the book (Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep) a long time ago, and I think it was hinted at that Deckard was a replicant, but never anything solid. Or am I wrong.

Damn. Now I am going to have to go back and read it again.
    I listened to the audio book, I didn't get a hint that Deckard was a replicant. Guess I'll have to watch the "Director's Cut".

Sent from my SM-A536U1 using Tapatalk

jmohme

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2015
    I listened to the audio book, I didn't get a hint that Deckard was a replicant. Guess I'll have to watch the "Director's Cut".

Sent from my SM-A536U1 using Tapatalk
    Like I said, I might be wrong. I read the book before the movie came out, so, a long time ago.

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    I disagree with specifying the original. There was a later cut (I can't keep them all straight) that made it much, much clearer that Deckard was a replicant. I thought that was obvious in the original but lots of folks didn't see it that way so the later edit was useful for those folks.
    Disagree with what, that it is one of my favorites movies or that I thought it was a good movie? You can like what you want, dislike what you want, but how is it even possible for you to disagree with what I choose that I like or I think is good? After all no matter what you say, I still think the original was a good movie and still like it and will keep it as one of my favorties.

SARGE67

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2021
    Texas
    We keep watching a few kinda oldies, Breakfast Club and Sixteen Candles with Molly Ringwald. Somehow we missed her back when she originally made them. She is so great in both, very intense in the first and comedic in the latter.

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    How on earth did I ever forget these: The Thing From Another World (the original 1951) The Angry Red Planet (1959) From Dusk Till Dawn, No Country For Old Men, City Slickers II The Legend of Curly's Gold, The Day The Earth Stood Still (the original 1951; I thought the remake sucked); and Harvey (always nice to have an invisible friend).

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    I really like Peter Jackson's Lord of the Rings Trilogy. The extended editions are probably 12 hours from beginning to end. However, I now cannot help but to think: Why didn't Gandolf just have the Eagles fly Frodo to Mt Doom to drop the ring in? It would have saved about 10 hours of the movie.
    They were good. I just wish Jackson had stuck closer to the books with regard to the story line.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    They were good. I just wish Jackson had stuck closer to the books with regard to the story line.

It wasn't too egregious in the LOTR trilogy - cutting out Tom Bombadil was the right choice in my opinion, and the Elves coming to help at Helm's Deep made sense in the movie. Otherwise the Rohirrim would've been inevitably wiped out, and even if they'd escaped destruction there wouldn't have been enough fighting men left to help Gondor. I'm also good with Awen having an expanded role, because in the novels she pretty much just stood in the background to be handed to Aragorn as a prize at the end. Faramir got the short end of the stick, though - he was a much stronger character in the books.

Now, stretching The Hobbit out into three movies of extended length...that was a bit much. But the studio demanded another trilogy rather than a good, tight telling that would've fit better in one or two movies.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    It wasn't too egregious in the LOTR trilogy - cutting out Tom Bombadil was the right choice in my opinion, and the Elves coming to help at Helm's Deep made sense in the movie. Otherwise the Rohirrim would've been inevitably wiped out, and even if they'd escaped destruction there wouldn't have been enough fighting men left to help Gondor. I'm also good with Awen having an expanded role, because in the novels she pretty much just stood in the background to be handed to Aragorn as a prize at the end. Faramir got the short end of the stick, though - he was a much stronger character in the books.

Now, stretching The Hobbit out into three movies of extended length...that was a bit much. But the studio demanded another trilogy rather than a good, tight telling that would've fit better in one or two movies.
    Agree on Bombadil. But the remainder could have easily followed the books and nothing would have been lost.

Hobbit strayed worse from the story line. Rather annoying.

zackmars

Novice Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    FB_IMG_1683384125358.jpg

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Disagree with what, that it is one of my favorites movies or that I thought it was a good movie? You can like what you want, dislike what you want, but how is it even possible for you to disagree with what I choose that I like or I think is good?
    All those movies are good and of course you have a favorite. I didn't disagree with any of that.

I only think that a recommendation should only reference the best of the edits and gave my opinion on which that was.

The written word is no substitute for conversation, unfortunately, because that would have been clear in a verbal context.

Top Bottom