Another attempt on former President Trump’s life...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • easy rider

Process Fabricator
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    So
    That $25 Carcano would have been a solid choice back in the day... probably equivalent to a budget Rugar or Savage these days, which could have been had for the same price (or less) than some bubba'd up AK or SKS giving much better accuracy and using much more powerful and effective ammunition...

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk
    You know, you are beginning to sound much like the media and their deflections. Do you even entertain possibilities their may be others that would benefit from a Trump assassination?

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    So

You know, you are beginning to sound much like the media and their deflections. Do you even entertain possibilities their may be others that would benefit from a Trump assassination?

And do you think if those "others" really wanted Trump dead they would enlist some nutjob with a Bubba'd Yugo SKS or a zit-faced 20-year-old who "shot terrible" and couldn't hit a man-sized target from a prone position at under 150 yards?!?

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    So

Are there groups or organizations including those currently in executive office in the USA, ruzzia, Iran, Hamas and numerous others wlthat would likely benefit through preventing Trump's election through any means?
    - Of course.

But just because a group or person might benefit from an action doesn't mean they actively supported it.
    - Banks A and B are losing customers to Bank C. Bank C gets robbed due to some serious security lapses, then a few weeks later security stops a would-be robber before he gets inside... we cannot just assume the other banks "sponsored" the robberies on Bank C. Going back to reality: getting a kid who was a shitty shooter to try to zap a target in a very high stress environment knowing if he fails it will propell their campaign isn't the hallmark of a well orchestrated attack. Neither is a crazy scam artist with a bubba special... Routh is 100% loony, unreliable, a liar and exactly not the kind of person to "hire" to do any sort of serious job that you wanted done right, correctly or even done at all...

Doing a shitty, mess job isn't cover... $500 would have equipped him better if he had started from zero... evidence against him being "sponsored" imo. Spooks have money and can hand it out when it gets them what they want... but a robber with a jalopy for a get away car isn't evidence of a cover up, its evidence they were acting alone and were really stupid.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    I haven't seen the manual but I wouldn't think that patsy's are provided kit or gear. That would only leave bread crumbs back to whoever was doing the mind bending. I think that they are just groomed up and stoked to take action. How they do it and what gear they use is up to them.
    Spending time "stoking" someone leaves just as many bread crumbs as a meeting and handing over a few hundred bucks because "you believe in their cause"...

Encrypted app on a burner phone, meet at restaurant at this time, leave phones at home, meet hand over cash, pay with cash leave...

Stooge can buy an OK rifle a scope and a little ammo with no solid ties back to anything but that burner phone... again what breadcrumbs does handing over tiny amounts of cash have? Its not like Routh was keeping accurate accounts of his finances anyway...

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    While I have seen how sharing personal knowledge tends to bring personal attacks...

If the CIA recruited Routh for anything, they fucked up. Routh is a ****-up. He is a terrible small time criminal, and a lying, thieving con who was never successful at anything.

I know Routh, I had "formal" meeting as well as several bump-intos with him... he is nothing more than a crazy libtard who most who met him were sure would do something crazy (I think we all assumed he would be arrested and thrown away by the Ukrainians)

*if* either of these were internal conspiracies to assassinate a former and future president, youre really going to tell me they picked a kid who couldn't shoot for shit and a lying bum who never was able to succeed at anything? If Routh was "sponsored" by someone or some organization or agency, don't you think they would have at least gotten Routh something less shitty than a sks or whatever he was using? An unsuccessful attempt is bound to boost Trump, that's supossedly not what they want so why make such shitty attempts risking pushing Trump to victory if the goal is to prevent him from winning?

The competency crisis is real.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    From what I understand he lives in Hawaii, doesn't mean he drove to Florida in that vehicle if the picture was taken in Hawaii.

I'll hold my opinion on who he is associated with until I learn more, but given the rhetoric on how Trump must be stopped, to save democracy, gives me a feeling that others may be involved.
    Given his social media posts, I think any bumper sticker is immaterial. His attitude toward Trump is evident.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Go back and read it.

I purposely didn't say read it again because you must not have read it the 1st time or you'd know who I was referring to.

You're a smart lad I'm sure you'll figure it out.
    Sigh... Why do you have to go personal?

Think about ANY other organization that wanted a task done.

Let's say that task isn't illegal, maybe I need someone to ring the doorbell at a specific address inside of a small time window. (Ala ding-dong ditch, because I am screwing with a friend).

Would I hire a possibly drug using, undependable, conman with a car that may or may not get to the adress at all? Would I try to shape the delusions of a crazy man to make him believe it was his purpose to ring that doorbell at the specific time I wanted?

Again, getting a screwup to screwup a job, doesn't get the job done and if there is a conspiracy, making the job messier or screwing it up o bad the job doesn't get done is pretty high on the list of things to not do. Which is why I do not believe either of the salient attempts on Trump's life were sponsored by any outside actors.

JFK's event on the otherhand has some real curiosity to me...

Otto_Mation

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2020
    Montgomery, TX
    Spending time "stoking" someone leaves just as many bread crumbs as a meeting and handing over a few hundred bucks because "you believe in their cause"...

Encrypted app on a burner phone, meet at restaurant at this time, leave phones at home, meet hand over cash, pay with cash leave...

Stooge can buy an OK rifle a scope and a little ammo with no solid ties back to anything but that burner phone... again what breadcrumbs does handing over tiny amounts of cash have? Its not like Routh was keeping accurate accounts of his finances anyway...

I didn't say cash, I said kit and gear. He told the judge this morning that he had no savings and made $3k per month and was supporting his son. Who knows what someone like that would spend cash on. Perspective is everything. This guy might have thought that a bubba'd up SKS was just the ticket. And for the record, I am not saying that this guy was groomed or was a patsy. I am just saying that it's plausible just like the first attempt was.

ETA: It also looks like this guy had a severe case of TDS and didn't need any stoking.

Last edited:

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    I didn't say cash, I said kit and gear. He told the judge this morning that he had no savings and made $3k per month and was supporting his son. Who knows what someone like that would spend cash on. Perspective is everything. This guy might have thought that a bubba'd up SKS was just the ticket. And for the record, I am not saying that this guy was groomed or was a patsy. I am just saying that it's plausible just like the first attempt was.
    I hear ya

Having personally known Routh I think he was 100% capable of this on his own, with no outside nudges or influence needed. Now it could turn out there was.

I'm open to all possibilities, but only with evidence, even if circumstantial.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    I'm open to all possibilities, but only with evidence, even if circumstantial.

That's the problem with the "it must be the CIA/FBI/Secret Service/Agency Name Here" folks. They make their conclusion, then start trying to scrape together any evidence they can find, from any source at all no matter how sketchy or loony.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Another thing that I am curious about. Where does a guy has no money and doesn't know anyone in Florida that flies in from Hawaii find an SKS with the serial number scrubbed?
    I doubt firearms with questionable histories are something unfamiliar to him and certainly are not unfamiliar in the circles he moves in.

Flights can be booked on a credit card and given his line of "work" getting someone to donate miles to get him a flight isnt unheard of...

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    That's the problem with the "it must be the CIA/FBI/Secret Service/Agency Name Here" folks. They make their conclusion, then start trying to scrape together any evidence they can find, from any source at all no matter how sketchy or loony.
    Exactly

Folks drawing a picture then trying to make the dots fit...

See what dots you have then draw the picture that fits. When you get new dots that don't fit the existing picture, you change pictures, not dots.

Otto_Mation

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2020
    Montgomery, TX
    I doubt firearms with questionable histories are something unfamiliar to him and certainly are not unfamiliar in the circles he moves in.

Flights can be booked on a credit card and given his line of "work" getting someone to donate miles to get him a flight isnt unheard of...

Yeah, the flight wasn't the concern. It is locating and procuring the gun after getting to town that is curious to me. Probably not a lot of quality arms to choose from for a guy in that situation either. Being out of state there are certainly no legal means to obtain one either.

Last edited:

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Sigh... Why do you have to go personal?
    Everyone who took a minute to read what I have been saying and watch the link knew who "them" was
    Yet a question was ask.."who is them" and a comment about dog shitting..

You get what you give in this world

Fear not tho..I'm unsubsribing from this thread and won't read or make another post here.

No longer interested in being part of this one

I'll let you experts take it from here.
    I've got way better things to do

Carry on

Top Bottom