APOD Firearms

Some Businesses 'Still Require' Customers To Wear Masks (I knew this would happen)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    I’m shocked by the amount of folks who don’t wash their hands after they use the bathroom.

My dick is cleaner than the handle of the public bathroom door. :frog:

Maybe businesses need to require customers to wash their hands before entering

Doc offices and the hospital do. I also use the sanitizer at the grocery store if it is available. Not so much going in, tho I do wipe the cart down and then my hands, but at the counter after touching the surfaces everybody else has touched. I did this long before C19, cuz the flu is killer in my condition.
    Guns International

DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    I watch the mask banter and it sort of amuse me to a certain extent. People on both sides seem to be obsessed with the mask. While many folks just refuse to wear a mask while arguably the same amount of folks would be happy wearing a mask for the rest of their life while alone in their car or home (I’ve witnessed this first hand)

I’m shocked by the amount of folks who don’t wash their hands after they use the bathroom. The only way I don’t wash my hands after using a toilet are of the toilet is so nasty I don’t dare touch anything or I don’t have the ability to such as in the woods or no soap & water to wash with. Think about that the next time someone tries to shake your hand.

I’d say contact is your biggest source for spreading most germs & virus.

Full disclosure: I’m not a doctor and I don’t play one on TV.

Maybe businesses need to require customers to wash their hands before entering

Carry on, I’m just bored trying to pass time waiting on a appointment
    The mask is not intended to protect the person wearing it. It is intended to lower the chance of an infected person spreading the infection.

When you cough or exhale what comes out is a mixture of oxygen, carbon dioxide, nitrogen, water droplets and debris.

The debris can be bacteria, viruses, dust or etc. This debris has a tendency to attach to the water droplets so what comes out would be a bunch of viruses stuck to a water droplets if that person is infected with a respiratory virus.

The water droplets vary in size and are dependent on a persons level of hydration. Masks do a decent job of stopping those droplets.

This is not to say that there may not be some singleton viruses in the mix that may make it through a mask. But, keep in mind, the fewer viruses that enter your body the lower the chance of becoming infected.

I have mixed feelings on the masks. I know that a decent mask worn properly can be heplful but so many people don't wear them properly or they use face coverings that are useless. Masks with vents, bandanas, gaiters, as well as wearing a mask with the nose exposed are useless.

It's a crap shoot.

DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    I guy I know from the pub was all happy biden won. He was going to fix everything. Just the other day he was complaining of gas prices and product prices going up. I said that's what happens when the administration stops oil production and oil infrastructure building. His reply was "yeah". Then he started saying he wished more things would open up. I just looked at him, shook my head and drank my beer
    My reply to him would be, "You voted for it so why are you complaining?"

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    My dick is cleaner than the handle of the public bathroom door. :frog:

Doc offices and the hospital do. I also use the sanitizer at the grocery store if it is available. Not so much going in, tho I do wipe the cart down and then my hands, but at the counter after touching the surfaces everybody else has touched. I did this long before C19, cuz the flu is killer in my condition.

I read last year, several medical professionals say using a hand sanitizer or washing your hands on regular basis, and not touching your face with your hands did more to mitigate or prevent CV19 than masks ever would.

DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    I read last year, several medical professionals say using a hand sanitizer or washing your hands on regular basis, and not touching your face with your hands did more to mitigate or prevent CV19 than masks ever would.
    No "one thing" by itself is 100%. Wash hands, social distance, a mask, and cough or sneeze into the crook of your elbow added together will do way more than any one thing. Getting tunnel vision and zeroing in on just one of the things that may help is not productive.

People don't like masks because they don't like being told what to do so they'll believe anything negative they hear about masks on the internet. Not liking being told what to do is the American way.

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun

In your opinion or experience, does wearing a mask cause one to touch their face more?

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    In your opinion or experience, does wearing a mask cause one to touch their face more?

Possibly. The only time I wear a mask is when I go to see my doctors. Sub-consciously, I think that wearing it is useless and submitting to useless protocols that don't work.

The only other time I wear a mask is when it's used as PPE. Mowing weedieating, grinding, welding, ect. Yes, a mask bothers me then too. I don't like having things on my face.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    The mask is not intended to protect the person wearing it. It is intended to lower the chance of an infected person spreading the infection.

When you cough or exhale what comes out is a mixture of oxygen, carbon dioxide, nitrogen, water droplets and debris.

The debris can be bacteria, viruses, dust or etc. This debris has a tendency to attach to the water droplets so what comes out would be a bunch of viruses stuck to a water droplets if that person is infected with a respiratory virus.

The water droplets vary in size and are dependent on a persons level of hydration. Masks do a decent job of stopping those droplets.

This is not to say that there may not be some singleton viruses in the mix that may make it through a mask. But, keep in mind, the fewer viruses that enter your body the lower the chance of becoming infected.

I have mixed feelings on the masks. I know that a decent mask worn properly can be heplful but so many people don't wear them properly or they use face coverings that are useless. Masks with vents, bandanas, gaiters, as well as wearing a mask with the nose exposed are useless.

It's a crap shoot.
    Oh please. I looked at a number of studies from 2019 and earlier. Not one of them said that a mask less than a medical N95 type was at all effective at stopping transmission of a virus.

If the mask won't stop a virus coming in, in won't stop one going out.

All those droplets do not stay in the mask. Your breath forces them out in an even finer form which will travel farther.

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    Possibly. The only time I wear a mask is when I go to see my doctors. Sub-consciously, I think that wearing it is useless and submitting to useless protocols that don't work.

The only other time I wear a mask is when it's used as PPE. Mowing weedieating, grinding, welding, ect. Yes, a mask bothers me then too. I don't like having things on my face.

I don't like masks either. I have breathing issues so wearing a good mask is problematic in restricting my flow of air. So the mask that I do wear is compliant with doc/store but really is not gonna stop any sneeze or cough particles.

I used to wear a mask for home inspections. Crawling thru an attic gets a lot of nasty stuff in the lungs w/o one. And crawlspaces under the house can have some nasty soil-borne fungus that will give a bad respiratory illness. I've also worn one in areas where I needed to protect against Hantavirus. I covered up head to toe with a Tyvek outfit and looked like one of the actors in "Outbreak".

Last edited:

cygunner

Devil's Den - Gettysburg
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2021
    Cypress, TX
    Oh please. I looked at a number of studies from 2019 and earlier. Not one of them said that a mask less than a medical N95 type was at all effective at stopping transmission of a virus.

If the mask won't stop a virus coming in, in won't stop one going out.

All those droplets do not stay in the mask. Your breath forces them out in an even finer form which will travel farther.
    Saw one comparison that it was like trying to stop mosquitoes with a chain link fence.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    I don't like masks either. I have breathing issues so wearing a good mask is problematic in restricting my flow of air. So the mask that I do wear is compliant with doc/store but really is not gonna stop any sneeze or cough particles.

I used to wear a mask for home inspections. Crawling thru and attic gets a lot of nasty stuff in the lungs w/o out one. And crawlspaces under the house can have some nasty soil-borne fungus that will give a bad respiratory illness. I've also worn one in areas where I needed to protect against Hantavirus. I covered up head to toe with a Tyvek outfit and looked like one of the actors in "Outbreak".

IF these so-called "mandates" were requiring people to wear a mask that was medically proven to prevent the transfer of a viral agent like CV19, or other air-borne viral agents, I might be inclined to "comply" with such mandates of wearing a mask.

But trying to force, or enforce wearing a mask simply for the sheer act of wearing a mask, when they have not been proven to be effective is pure nonsense and tyranny and oppression.

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    Texas restaurant owner creates $50 surcharge for customers asked to wear a mask

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brie...wner-creates-50-surcharge-for-customers-asked

I quit reading in the middle... was his nurse/wife named Karen???

Somebody needs to give them the book "How To Win Friends And Influence People". His place of biz, his rules, but being obnoxious is gonna cost him just like that lil restaurant near D.C. that kicked out all the Trump staff and then crowed about it on FB.

Texas45

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 10, 2020
    Not where you are
    Texas restaurant owner creates $50 surcharge for customers asked to wear a mask

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brie...wner-creates-50-surcharge-for-customers-asked

Idiot.
    Thinks the “mask” will save him from the virus.

Please explain to me how wearing a mask walking into and ordering etc in a restaurant but sitting there for an hour eating drinking etc all without it on protects you or me from diddly squat.

Ill wait.

Sheeple.

Awaken

Please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    RL laugh.jpeg