• ...and so much more!
  • texas skeeter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Somewhere here nor there....
    This was PRICELESS!!!!!!!:roflfunny:

Anybody interested in a LNIB Glock 17. Only 50 rounds through it. Also has lots of custom add ons as seen in pictures. You name it, it's got it. Asking $1000 obo. No low ballers! I know what I have.
    PICT0171_zpsaywgqv3p.jpg
    Target Sports

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    It is like this in any "hobby". Some guy with a Corvette that they made 10,000 of thinks his is special because it is his. So he asks a stupid price for it.
    37,288 Corvettes were made last year... 10k is actually pretty low volume for a production car. Just because it's rare doesn't mean it's worth a lot tho :laughing:

mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Waco-ish
    37,288 Corvettes were made last year... 10k is actually pretty low volume for a production car. Just because it's rare doesn't mean it's worth a lot tho :laughing:

10K units makes it expensive to buy new.
    10 units makes it rare.

Neither makes it valuable.

00v0v_fZl07eQR4rx_600x450.jpg

TheDan

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    10 units makes it rare.
    I've never been one to consider a paint job and a couple options enough to set one apart from all the others. I dunno what that is, but it looks like hundreds of thousands other Camaros to me. I've got a few cars of which only 7,798 were made over it's 7 year production run; of that only 1801 of the US variants were made. That includes all paint colors and wheel combinations, lol... and no, they aren't valuable at all :laughing:

mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Waco-ish
    Me neither.

My CTS-V is 1 of 4000 units made over a 4 year run and probably 1 of 500 in the color combo.

CTSV_01.jpg

It's certainly not collectible or valuable ...

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    Some things add some things don't. In the world of Corvettes everyone is looking for something that makes theirs unique and adds value. Commonly that is found in engine/transmission/suspension options. Color can be a factor if its coupled with the aforementioned. Some things can add value in their oddity especially those found outside of RPO. My 78 Corvette has a OEM factory trailer hitch, yea. You can go to the website and do the build your own car, all of those are RPO, but buried in various places are other options that are available, usually something kind of off the wall like a trailer hitch for a Corvette. In addition there was another option only available the Silver Anniversary model and that was the the Official Chev Billboard of the Silver Anniversary model. So it clearly was not RPO.

I suspect those two non-RPO factory options added some value to that vette...I never found out as I lost that Corvette in a bitter divorce settlement, but I do know my x did not have the insight to capitalize on it, in fact she threw the billboard away because it was too heavy and in a big long box (it was about 4' long but large and weighed maybe 30 lbs or so, its was a billboard size).

If you want a high dollar Camaro, then go COPO, this will take your breath away.

Last edited:

TheDan

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Hey, a hitch on a sports car can be really valuable. It's much easier to haul your race wheels and tires, jack, air and other tools to the track in a small trailer ;)

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    Hey, a hitch on a sports car can be really valuable. It's much easier to haul your race wheels and tires, jack, air and other tools to the track in a small trailer ;)
    LOL don't think my x did anything with it! Just to show you what kind of a woman she was...Sitting in the garage was a brand spanking new Corvette ordered JUST FOR HER as a Christmas present. She filed for divorce and I had to sell her car and give her mine that I had ordered. With a stroke of luck I was able to sell hers for exactly what I owned on it, then met her at the bank and coughed up the keys to mine as part of the settlement. Of course I loved that Corvette. But alas, the good Lord looks over drunks, old fools and guys getting the short, REAL short end of a divorce. I spent some time down at the bank as I had to give her a CLEAR title on my new vette, so I had a lot of money and paperwork shuffling to sort out. I head out down Josey La just N of LBJ in Dallas on my way to Ft Hood, where she refused to go after I came back from Korea. There she sits on Josey La, getting wreckerd and the vette has a long line of trans fluid behind it. I honk and wave and head S. I get home and there is a CAUSTIC message on my answering machine that she is going to contact lawyer and sue me for putting something in the transmission to make it go bad...the vette is exactly 1 month out of warranty, LOL. I had not put anything in the trans, but it was a thought. I replied to the letter from the lawyer that I would pay for it if an analysis showed something in the trans oil....never heard back again.

Page 2: 3 mo later I get another letter from said lawyer telling me if they find a damaging substance in the ENGINE I would be sued for it blowing up. Never heard from them again. What is so funny is that I got the Corvette a month before I left for Korea and SHE drove it the while time I was gone, all the miles on it were hers.

I was NOT a smart man back in the day I met her...Told her parents if they would let me marry their daughter I would send her to college and pay for it. 4 years of my money went to UT Austin along with her while I played Infantry at Ft Hood. When I met the woman she worked in a bank making not much more than min wage, she grad from UT A, triple major in business, Cum Laude and went back to the bank doing the same thing making min wage...I knew then this marriage was doomed.

Later I sent her this by Roy Clark

I've made a small fortune and you squandered it all
    You shamed me till I feel about one inch tall
    But I thought I loved you and I hoped you would change
    So I gritted my teeth and didn't complain.

Now you come to me with a simple goodbye
    You tell me you're leaving but you won't tell me why
    Now we're here at the station and you're getting on
    And all I can think of is thank God and Greyhound you're gone.

Thank God and Greyhound you're gone
    I didn't know how much longer I could go on
    Watching you take the respect out of me
    Watching you make a total wreck out of me
    That big diesel motor is a-playing my song
    Thank God and Greyhound you're gone.

Oh, thank God and Greyhound you're gone
    That load on my mind got lighter when you got on
    That shiny old bus is a beautiful sight
    With the black smoke a rolling up around the tail lights
    It may sound kinda cruel but I've been silent too long
    Thank God and Greyhound you're gone.

Read more: Roy Clark - Thank God and Greyhound Lyrics
    LetsSingIt - Your favorite Music Community

M1Garand

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    As a seller... I hate the ones that try to give you a pity story so you can 'feel' bad for them and give them the gun at a really low ball price. Guy offered me 175 for a like new 10/22 with the navy digital camo stock with goodies and a like new Hi-point C9 with an extra mag. Only fired 100 rounds through the 10/22 and 200 through the C9. I tell him how that's a really bad low ball; since I'm selling the 10/22 for 200 and C9 for 100.

Tells me he 'can't go over 200', tell him that 'Sounds like a personal problem'; BUT WAIT, he gives me an amazing counter-offer.... 200 for both! :banghead:. Tell him I can sell the rifle for 200, but "I will do two for both"; tell him I won't do the deal. Then here comes the pity party.

"Sorry Christmas drain... but I will only offer up for otnight.... not sure I will have it after today" Tell him to 'keep your offer.' Here comes the best part!

"Broke my ankle and it also put me in hole', maybe you should put that 220 to making your ankle feel better, numb nuts! Now his 'final' offer is 'Last try 220 and 4 dollars left for me to get a subway'. Again, tell him to 'keep your offer'.

TL;DR People who lowball are also part of the problem; especially when you're pricing your shit fairly for your area. 10/22 costs me 310ish with everything and C9 cost me 200 with the extra mag. Think I'm selling it for a fair price for my area.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Well, you could knock a little off if he's willing to take the HiPoint away. :roflsmile:

M1Garand

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Already sold the Hi-Point to some crusty old fart who gave me 90 instead of 100. I was cranky, tired and didn't drive out in the cold to come home empty-handed. 90 beats nothin'. Got 194.32 left for the 870 Express Magnum on layway.

Top Bottom