• ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Now im upset with your post. Time to start a new rant.

It is like this in any "hobby". Some guy with a Corvette that they made 10,000 of thinks his is special because it is his. So he asks a stupid price for it.

Also I think some actually enjoy showing their stuff and are only sorta interested in selling it. Same with the back and forth dickering. Some enjoy it.

The most pleasurable kind....

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    You were SO CLOSE! The word is "sale."

OldCrankyAssCowboy, remind me never to sell you a gun.
    Gosh, are telling me you are not honest, thanks for the heads up...

All I asked:

"Take Away: Price your gun competitively and YOUR add ons rarely make it worth more $, in fact they often take away from the price and please be as honest as you can on condition and rd count, like new does not have rust, fine walnut stock...also used as a boat paddle will be evident when someone comes to look at it. BE 100% honest in all your dealings!"

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011

All I asked:

"Take Away: Price your gun competitively and YOUR add ons rarely make it worth more $, in fact they often take away from the price and please be as honest as you can on condition and rd count, like new does not have rust, fine walnut stock...also used as a boat paddle will be evident when someone comes to look at it. BE 100% honest in all your dealings!"

No clue what prompted your post and not going to dig for it.

With a 100% positive feed back score, trying to dent 35Remington's character seems pointless.

Last edited:

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    No clue what prompted your post and not going to dig for it.

With a 100% positive feed back score, trying to dent 35Remington's character is pointless and unfounded.
    Like I said, its about honesty! So are you trying to tell me I don't need to buy from you either, thanks for the heads then...

35Remington

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Way out here

All I asked:

Listen, man. Just lighten up. Some deals are dogs. Some are gems. You're old enough to know that.

Most of your posts on this forum start out great, but then digress into rambling incoherent crap that makes a giant fur ball out of what you're trying to say. Less is more.

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    Listen, man. Just lighten up. Some deals are dogs. Some are gems. You're old enough to know that.

Most of your posts on this forum start out great, but then digress into rambling incoherent crap that makes a giant fur ball out of what you're trying to say. Less is more.
    1) Don't read my posts, or if the option is available put me on ignore...please, I certainly do not want you wasting your time

2) I wanted to take your comment with a smile, but you did not convey that message

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    Anybody interested in a LNIB Glock 17. Only 50 rounds through it. Also has lots of custom add ons as seen in pictures. You name it, it's got it. Asking $1000 obo. No low ballers! I know what I have.
    PICT0171_zpsaywgqv3p.jpg

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    Anybody interested in a LNIB Glock 17. Only 50 rounds through it. Also has lots of custom add ons as seen in pictures. You name it, it's got it. Asking $1000 obo. No low ballers! I know what I have.
    PICT0171_zpsaywgqv3p.jpg
    Saw the pic and was ready to offer $2k for it, I am sure its undervalued at only $1k...sorry, just being HONEST with you, ohhh and who did that custom camo paint job, must have cost a fortune...LOL

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    Saw the pic and was ready to offer $2k for it, I am sure its undervalued at only $1k...sorry, just being HONEST with you, ohhh and who did that custom camo paint job, must have cost a fortune...LOL

Picasso's grandson does cerakote work locally. It's is way undervalued. It's priced for a quick sale.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    100% agree.

Why do some consider a counter offer a personal attack on them, their mother and the constitution of the US?

Wish I had thought to add that! I find that far more offensive than just asking a high price. A seller always has the right to turn down an offer, but only an idiot gets mad when a buyer tries to negotiate.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    Negotiating can be a really good thing. I've worked a couple of trades where both parties managed to trade for things they wanted and both sides were winners. What made those trades work is that both parties were realistic about the value of what they were dealing and both were reasonably flexible.

In one case, I was selling a gun and a long-time member contacted me to discuss my asking price. He explained why he felt it was too high and, after thinking about it a bit, I realized he was right. When I eventually did sell the gun, the price was almost exactly what that member had discussed. Instead of being angry at not getting my initial price, I realized that the final sale was a good one that brought in a very realistic amount of money. I'm not saying you should listen to every idiot that tries to get in your business, but when someone with experience offers you advice, you'd be a fool not to take it under advisement.

If you have no idea what the item being sold is worth, and if you have no flexibility, and if you refuse to listen to anybody and get angry and threatened over anything offered up that doesn't match what you think, then your deals not only will fail, they deserve to fail.

Top Bottom