TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Wal-Mart Super Center.

Last place in the world you'd ever want to be in that sort of situation. ;) The mindless hordes would descend about WM's like a plague of locusts. Maybe if you are on high ground, on the roof, friends lining every roof corner, with MG42's, endless barrels, and endless belts of ammo....maybe. ;) Better to just not be there in the first place. lol
    Guns International

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    You just need to be realistic about survival. I had a friend in Oklahoma who was heavy into survivalist stuff. He had a full auto H&K 91, a van, lots of ammo and supplies. His plan was to make his way to Wisconsin where he had family. I talked with him about his preparations and questioned if the REAL SHTF came, his plan was realistic. He was sure he could make it 1200 miles under hostile and lawless conditions while driving a full size van on an open road.

He didn't have a bug out bag, he had a bug out van. I think his plan sucked and feel he would be making a long trip with a target painted on his back.

Flash

jeepinbanditrider

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Dallas
    The BOB should always be around. You can never depend fully on one bug out option. My bug out vehicle (BOV) is either my car or my dual sport bike with my BOB in it or on it. If it's the car I can carry a lot more ammo and supplies that I have stored at my current residence to my bug out location (BOL).

San Antone RR

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    San Antonio
    I will be bugging in. Lots of stores in the house; food, H2O, guns and ammo. I have a GHB (Get Home Bag) in the car in case I get caught out in an emergency.

TrailDust

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication
    Depends on the scenario. I've made contingencies for every major calamity I can imagine, and also where I'm located and where I need to get to for each one. Personally, the one that concerns me the most is a worldwide pandemic with a highly lethal pathogen. For that scenario I have a bugout location in Death Valley that's got everything I need, some of it prepositioned.

Top Bottom