• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    Or am I the only one nerdy enough here to have one?

P1160009.jpg

P1160008.jpg
    ARJ Defense ad

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    Mine has 3 extra boxes of hadngun ammo, 2 boxes of shotgun shells, 1st aid kit, 2 rolls of TP, a case of Power Bars, a bottle of water purification tablets, some instant coffee, 2 LED flashlights and extra batteries, an emergeny "foil" blanket, a box of waterproof matches, a couple candles, 2 knives, 10 chemical "glow sticks", 2 packages of "quick clot", a bottle of anti-biotics, a box of tampons, and a pack of gum!

I am always adding to it and tinkering with what I want it to have....

Idriveajeep

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Just outside El Paso
    Nope, I plan on building one over the course of the summer. Just trying to find a bag that suits me first.

Same, not sure if I want a regular style backpack or something larger like the packs the military uses to hump stuff, I'm not in the city so I don't have to worry about criminals/police giving me too much attention with a full frame backpack. Thats something you have to watch out for with military style/colored bags in the city, they draw attention from people you do want them to.

WhoDat

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    Austin, TX
    I used to keep one...

2 changes of everyday clothes, at least one change of work clothing, some cash, a collapsible fishing pole or two, misc. lures, sleeping bag, keys to the boat in a slip, and a few bottles of whatever. I used it numerous times - every time the ex-wife would go on the warpath. The bug-out bag made the difference between just getting kicked out of the house, and suddenly embarking on an impromptu outdoor adventure... AKA "Free "Hall-pass" LOL

My ex was the only person on the planet scary enough to kick me about of the house. Now that she 'aint around, I'm not leaving the house for nothing... I'll stand & fight. No bug-out bag needed.

...unless I see her and her attorney headed my way. LOL

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    I have a few.
    1) a 1 person 2 day bag
    2) 1 person 3 day bag
    3) 1 person 7 day bag
    4) 2 person 7day kit
    5) 4 person 30 day kit
    6) and a 6 person 90 day Trunk

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    What is included?

A few items are missing from this overview:
    P1160003.jpg

Bag, machete, headlamp, rope, knife, zip-ties, utility knife, screwdriver/pry tool, hundred in cash, 10 oz silver
    Hat, clothes, hard copy of important papers, AC charger, standard cables, 100 rounds 9 mm FMJ
    Hygeine kit (including soap, hand sanitizer, wet ipes, matches), first aid kit, snacks (shot bloks, energy gel, clif bars), MREs, 55 gal drum liners
    More snacks, batteries (not pictured is a full set of one-use lithium batteries), mags for carbine/handgun, 9 mm folding carbine.
    Bug out bag - Windows Live

Major Woody

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2008
    I have a few.
    1) a 1 person 2 day bag
    2) 1 person 3 day bag
    3) 1 person 7 day bag
    4) 2 person 7day kit
    5) 4 person 30 day kit

My 7 day kit and 30 day kits are in two Contico boxes to reduce weight and all are ready to go. The Condor bags are very tough, Tactic Supplies - Home, but the best is the www.5.11tactical.com Rush 24 and 72 bags, they have tons of organizer pockets but are twice the price. With another staged attack to pick back up the Prez's dismal numbers you might want to be ready.

Cyberlink

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    Arlington
    I have done BOB's (Bug Out Bag's) since the 1990's. Back then it was a foot locket we could grab and run, now with my kid being a teenager it is backpacks that are packed and ready to go. keep the guns close but not in the bag, accept for my AR-7 that I keep in my bag.

For a good laugh, go watch some of the youtube videos on BOB's. I always start to laugh when the guy pulls out 7 knifes, 4 flash lights, two first aid kits, 5 multi tools, then a little 22 pistol for protection. No food, no clothes, no cash, no lighter, just a bunch of knives, flashlights, first aid kits, and multi tools.

Burt Gummer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Williamson County
    I do not have a specific bag yet since I separate my stuff for work and camping etc. I usually keep my work gear in the truck but it does not include fire starting materials, just first aid and defense items. I have a bug out "box", with wheels and a handle in the garage but I do not have a good backpack yet.

For a good laugh, go watch some of the youtube videos on BOB's. I always start to laugh when the guy pulls out 7 knifes, 4 flash lights, two first aid kits, 5 multi tools, then a little 22 pistol for protection. No food, no clothes, no cash, no lighter, just a bunch of knives, flashlights, first aid kits, and multi tools.
    Those guys amuse me too. They will often brag about carrying a heavy pack, essentially 65 pounds of useless crap. Some of them have apparently never spent a month in the woods with nothing but what they are carrying.

Cyberlink

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    Arlington
    Those guys amuse me too. They will often brag about carrying a heavy pack, essentially 65 pounds of useless crap. Some of them have apparently never spent a month in the woods with nothing but what they are carrying.

That is so true!

BTW +100 for the handle, I LOVE that set of movies!

Burt nods knowingly, "Eminent domain. And people call me paranoid."
    Miguel: "I used to, but not no more."

Major Woody

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2008
    I've made some "Pepsi can stoves" that run on 91% or denatured alcohol, they work great, & super light. I put some foil packs of tuna, salmon and other meats in mine, along with some power bars. Assorted nuts are good for energy.

Top Bottom