• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ScottDLS

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2020
    Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas
    When they run your drivers license, it automatically shows you have a license to carry without them asking you.
    I don't care. That's not why I renew it. If the cop thinks everyone with a LTC is a "certified good guy" he ought to turn in his badge and be a greeter at WalMart.

The only real way to prove you are a certified good guy is to fill out a bill of sale in triplicate, whenever buying or selling a gun in a private transaction....:shades:

tedwitt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Magnolia, Texas
    I don't care. That's not why I renew it. If the cop thinks everyone with a LTC is a "certified good guy" he ought to turn in his badge and be a greeter at WalMart.

The only real way to prove you are a certified good guy is to fill out a bill of sale in triplicate, whenever buying or selling a gun in a private transaction....:shades:
    Pardon Me.

BBL

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2021
    TX

The 3rd copy goes to the ATF, correct? :D

Higgins909

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2016
    Pflugerville
    I had the standard application, $40.00 and then Texas.gov Price was $42.95. I looked back and it seems I was only ever charged the $42.95. Which I'm happy with. Last weekend I was looking at my DL thinking I still needed to renew it. Turns out it was for 2024. Then I had a moment where I wasn't sure if my LTC was expiring in 2023. I shredded it after getting my new one. It it was supposed to last 5 years, then it maths up to 2023. Does a DL lasting 7 years sound right? Pretty sure I got it in 2017. (I was late to the party)

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    Finishing up my renewal application on line and the payment page comes up as below.
    Is the Texas.gov price $2.83 or a separate additional charge of $37.83?
    Fees
    Handgun License Renewal (Senior)$35.00
    Texas.gov Price
    What is the Texas.gov price?
    $37.83
    Senior citizens is $35, plus the additional $2.83 fee for the online processing. Total would be $37.83.

ScottDLS

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2020
    Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas
    I had the standard application, $40.00 and then Texas.gov Price was $42.95. I looked back and it seems I was only ever charged the $42.95. Which I'm happy with. Last weekend I was looking at my DL thinking I still needed to renew it. Turns out it was for 2024. Then I had a moment where I wasn't sure if my LTC was expiring in 2023. I shredded it after getting my new one. It it was supposed to last 5 years, then it maths up to 2023. Does a DL lasting 7 years sound right? Pretty sure I got it in 2017. (I was late to the party)
    DL is from the date of renewal to six years from your birthday And you can renew I think 364 days before the current expiration, so almost 7 years is possible.

DoubleDuty

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2019
    DFW
    Glad you renewed, it really is just a few clicks away. No course, no quiz, no qualification.
    Yes, the benefit list is long but the best one, IMO, is that you don't have to disarm every time you see a dumazz gunbuster sign in fear of going to jail.
    Btw, your DL will be renewed by the DPS, not DMV. That one is for vehicles. And those people truly are lazy and stupid. Hence all the DMV jokes.
    Those gunbuster signs aren't enforceable they would have to ask you to leave. They have to post 30.05 signs

Sfl

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2023
    Houston
    I just remembered that both my DL and LTC are expiring very soon. Not sure if I need or want to renew my LTC since they made it permitless carry. I don't know if there are benefits to having it still. I kinda thought it used to make the buying process go way faster on the background check when purchasing a firearm but I don't know for sure. I'm also not sure if I have to retake a course to renew.

Thanks,
    Higgins909
    If you travel interstate a lot or even once in a while it can be vital to have. Amongst other reasons

Top Bottom