• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tedwitt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Magnolia, Texas
    I'm mainly keeping mine for buying more weapom=ns.

You should have seen the ladies face when I presented mine when I went to Vote. She says I can't use this, I says it's and offical ID issued to me by the state of Texas, she asked another lady and she told her the same thing.
    I love confusing people like that.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    As a teacher at a college, I am required to have an LTC while carrying on campus. So I can attest that there are places where it's needed if you want to carry legally.

While I may not go through with all I had to go through to get the LTC had I not needed it on campus, I certainly like the fact that I don't need to stand around waiting on a background check at my FFL.

I support Constitutional Carry, so if you want an LTC for whatever reason, get it. If not, that is your right.

ScottDLS

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2020
    Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas
    LTC renewal is almost a slam dunk decision- you went through the red tape already, now it is just basically paying the 40 bucks online. In addition to the bypass of a background check in gun stores, it is basically a certified stamp of "good guy" to law enforcement.
    While I agree that renewing a LTC is a slam dunk in my case for $20 since I'm former military, I'm not sure why the police would ever have any reason to know I'm a "certified good guy" nor why I would care to let them know. I don't interact with law enforcement unless I have to or they are a friend of mine and when I do I have no desire to share extraneous information. In fact, yesterday I was at the range and I brought a machinegun to shoot. I showed the range check in guy the ATF Form 4. The manager came over and said, we don't need to see that, we're not the cops or ATF, so it's none of our business.

tedwitt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Magnolia, Texas

tedwitt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Magnolia, Texas
    While I agree that renewing a LTC is a slam dunk in my case for $20 since I'm former military, I'm not sure why the police would ever have any reason to know I'm a "certified good guy" nor why I would care to let them know. I don't interact with law enforcement unless I have to or they are a friend of mine and when I do I have no desire to share extraneous information. In fact, yesterday I was at the range and I brought a machinegun to shoot. I showed the range check in guy the ATF Form 4. The manager came over and said, we don't need to see that, we're not the cops or ATF, so it's none of our business.
    When they run your drivers license, it automatically shows you have a license to carry without them asking you.

Top Bottom